Beating your kids

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney there are no kids that "could use a good smack up the head" if some of them act like that they r just results of some bad parenting. I know stuff like these... there r ppl who rly never beat they kids but they also dont reward them for good things and dont give them punishment for bad stuff. I think thats the worst case coz they kids just feel that no one cares about them so they do stuff to bring attention...
The reason for their actions could be because of parenting, and therefore they could use a good smack upside the head, so what you said wasn't very helpful. This thread isn't about giving kids candy for being good, or about neglecting kids, it's about whether or not we think it's okay to beat kids. And there are PLENTY of kids that could use a good smack up the head. ****, I'm one of them.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree on the methods beating the **** out of own children to teach them discipline.

I'd even go as far as locking up to a dark room which is one way out and not feed them until they start crying and tell they are sorry.

Beating with a belt or just brutally punch to the face with full force will teach the children to behave if they really have done something bad.

However, if the kid is innocent, i would oppose this method.
I treat them based on their own actions so they can understand what kind of behavior is rewarding and which is not.

Another method would be mental-'torture'.

This method includes :

-No eye contact to the child at all
-Absence of feelings towards the child, so he/she will feel left out
-Do activities that make you spend a lot of time ( pc, tv )
-Come home at late hours.

In a week or so, the child would run crying to you and promise to change their ways because they simply cannot stand it any longer. Of course, you could continue this method for even further results.
That's pretty ****ed up Legendary. There's tough love and there's being a bad parent.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beating your kids doesn't work. All it does is breed hatred and distrust of the one or two people in the Universe you're supposed to have no problem loving.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Onslaught that would never hapend if he had these kantanas closed or out of ur reach right ?

It's just making child responsible for irresponsibility of adult.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beating your kids doesn't work. All it does is breed hatred and distrust of the one or two people in the Universe you're supposed to have no problem loving.
That's why you also make them listen to metal. Gets all the angst out. I had to figure all that on my own. I'll be doing my kids a favor.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't get the anger out of the individual. It only temporarily channels it into something less destructive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Complete lies.

What my parents did was I did something wrong, they spanked me to hell with a belt. But, before beating me, they jingled the belt.

After doing this twice, whenever I did somethign wrong, and I knew it / did it anyways, they came pissed off, went away, and came jingling the belt.

I went to cower in fear. I knew what the belt brang, and I didn't want it.

Worked for me, they never hit me again. Just jingled the belt. So it's a kind of psychological punishment, knowing that I would be in pain.

And how do I live right now? I love my parents to death. I have no 'hate' or 'distrust' for them.

I'm happy now that I'm older. I'm glad they hit me, it taught me not to do stupid stuff.

In short, spanking your child in moderation, okay.

Beating your child senseless, not okay.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Complete lies.

What my parents did was I did something wrong, they spanked me to hell with a belt. But, before beating me, they jingled the belt.

After doing this twice, whenever I did somethign wrong, and I knew it / did it anyways, they came pissed off, went away, and came jingling the belt.

I went to cower in fear. I knew what the belt brang, and I didn't want it.

Worked for me, they never hit me again. Just jingled the belt. So it's a kind of psychological punishment, knowing that I would be in pain.

And how do I live right now? I love my parents to death. I have no 'hate' or 'distrust' for them.

I'm happy now that I'm older. I'm glad they hit me, it taught me not to do stupid stuff.

In short, spanking your child in moderation, okay.

Beating your child senseless, not okay.
You're not disagreeing with me. Your parents turned you into Pavlov's dog, but they didn't beat you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not disagreeing with me. Your parents turned you into Pavlov's dog, but they didn't beat you.
Perhaps I was Pavlov's Dog when I was younger, but you have to remember, I was young. I didn't know any better. I still think a child won't be able to make logical choices until he's a bit older and can think, or draw conclusions to what the consequences might be.

My parents didn't do anything like beat me until I was in high school. They stopped spanking me at around 1st or second grade.

They basically stopped spanking me when I was old enough to know right from wrong, and that's when they introduced grounding.

So once I was old enough to think of consequences (zomg will i get in trouble), I began thinking on my own.

Which, in my opinion, made me a better person.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps I was Pavlov's Dog when I was younger, but you have to remember, I was young. I didn't know any better. I still think a child won't be able to make logical choices until he's a bit older and can think, or draw conclusions to what the consequences might be.

My parents didn't do anything like beat me until I was in high school. They stopped spanking me at around 1st or second grade.

They basically stopped spanking me when I was old enough to know right from wrong, and that's when they introduced grounding.

So once I was old enough to think of consequences (zomg will i get in trouble), I began thinking on my own.

Which, in my opinion, made me a better person.
Which is fine, but your parents still didn't beat you. You got spanked. That's tough love. That isn't a beating. You may consider it a beating because you haven't experienced anything worse, but for those who have, you received the equivalent of a slap on the hand.

There are two responses I've observed in people who were beaten as children in relation to their parents. On the one hand, the child will behave much like a dog, in that they'll love their parents more after getting beaten. I don't understand it, but it happens. They never really forget the treatment, but they attribute it to being an act of love, or say they somehow deserved it.

On the other hand, that child will recognize that being beating a child isn't how a parent should behave, and will see that act as of betrayal, and will inevitably cause great sadness and anger in that person. The older the person becomes, the more they recognize how horrible and vile the treatment they had received as a child truly was. At this point, the person will go down one of many roads depending on their fortitude and can range from anywhere between simply ignoring their family, or going so far as to go on a rampage.

Simply put, kids don't need to be hit. You can quite easily teach a child discipline without ever laying a hand on them.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Who/What the **** is Pavlov's dog -.-
Pavlov was a scientist who trained a dog to salivate by ringing a bell even if food wasn't present. It was a psychological experiement that has become famous to this day. Makes me wonder what they're teaching you in school =/

Ring a bell, present food to the dog.

-The dog salivates

-The dog salivates

-The dog salivates

Do this enough times and then only ring the bell, what do you think the dog is going to do? Even when you don't present food.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pavlov was a scientist who trained a dog to salivate by ringing a bell even if food wasn't present. It was a psychological experiement that has become famous to this day. Makes me wonder what they're teaching you in school =/

-The dog salivates

-The dog salivates

-The dog salivates

Do this enough times and then only ring the bell, what do you think the dog is going to do? Even when you don't present food.
Yeah, I remember that from biology, just didn't know it is called Pavlov's dog :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is fine, but your parents still didn't beat you. You got spanked. That's tough love. That isn't a beating. You may consider it a beating because you haven't experienced anything worse, but for those who have, you received the equivalent of a slap on the hand.

There are two responses I've observed in people who were beaten as children in relation to their parents. On the one hand, the child will behave much like a dog, in that they'll love their parents more after getting beaten. I don't understand it, but it happens. They never really forget the treatment, but they attribute it to being an act of love, or say they somehow deserved it.

On the other hand, that child will recognize that being beating a child isn't how a parent should behave, and will see that act as of betrayal, and will inevitably cause great sadness and anger in that person. The older the person becomes, the more they recognize how horrible and vile the treatment they had received as a child truly was. At this point, the person will go down one of many roads depending on their fortitude and can range from anywhere between simply ignoring their family, or going so far as to go on a rampage.

Simply put, kids don't need to be hit. You can quite easily teach a child discipline without ever laying a hand on them.
Ah, I didn't give it a thought then. What I was thinking was everyone was saying spanking is bad. Of course beating is bad.

Hitting a child to where actual huge pain is conflicted is bad. Spanking a child on the bottom is perfectly fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I remember that from biology, just didn't know it is called Pavlov's dog :p
It was a psychology experiment.

It was also done in The Office when Jim shutdown his computer he offered Dwight an Altoid at the sound of the sound that the computer made. He did it enough times that when he shut down his computer Dwight stuck out his hand as if to receive an Altoid and Jim made a fool of him.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dad used to punch me in the head as soon as i was bigger i laid him flat on his ass then kicked the hell out of him best day of my life but also my saddest day coz it was a loved one i had to take revenge out uppon

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I agree on the methods beating the **** out of own children to teach them discipline.

I'd even go as far as locking up to a dark room which is one way out and not feed them until they start crying and tell they are sorry.

Beating with a belt or just brutally punch to the face with full force will teach the children to behave if they really have done something bad.

However, if the kid is innocent, i would oppose this method.
I treat them based on their own actions so they can understand what kind of behavior is rewarding and which is not.

Another method would be mental-'torture'.

This method includes :

-No eye contact to the child at all
-Absence of feelings towards the child, so he/she will feel left out
-Do activities that make you spend a lot of time ( pc, tv )
-Come home at late hours.

In a week or so, the child would run crying to you and promise to change their ways because they simply cannot stand it any longer. Of course, you could continue this method for even further results.
Okay, that's just absurd. I don't know if this is, or was intended to be sarcasms, but it sure beats the hell out'a me.
You do realize that actualy, some if not many of those statements abruptly violate standard child to parent (parenting) rights.

As for my own personal oppinion, I think that kids shouldn't, under all or/and any events be punished via 'mental torture' or 'physical abuse' (however small or inconsistent that may be).
The first thing I look at, is that a kid has it's own rights, and even nowdays, scientific discovories claim that babys are very well intellegently creative and productive and can already posses or absorb the kwnolage of mathematics and many other subjects, that are tought to children in school.

I think this and many other similliar discoveris are quite important in raising our kids, because thinking as lightly as 'smacking a kid up his ****en nose', really brings nothing good, than later consuquences, when the child has become a grown person.

Secondly, if scientist say that babys and kids already have alot of information inside their brains, it means that 'we', as parents, should help them evolve in their own natural way. Most people try to teach kids and little babys, thinking they are insignificantly immature and the idea that a child can handle informations that most teenagers can't, just doesn't seem appealing to them and completly absurd, utterly immposible.

I disagree.

If people would just let a kid evolve, devolop, familliaruize with his enviorment and surrondings, than there wouldn't even be a question to which beating up kids as a manner of teaching is prosper or not.

But let me cut this story a bit short, the only thing I do not want right now, is to pull this topic into a different direction. Concluding, I think you should try to raise your kids by not beating them up or 'mentaly' tourchering them, rather from the very begginning, view your own child as an equal, who has some developed kwnolage and experiance, but not enough to sustain he's/her's own survival and form, thus needing the help of a mother and/or a father. That way, you can teach your child what is wrong and what not and giving him an explanation about it. You try to make it as simple as possible, and his concious mind might not register everything you said, but his SUB - concious mind will and that's what counts here, for the most part.

Teach, raise your kids wisely, think before you act for god's sake. Was it REALLY okay for your dad to hit you with a belt? Your mom to slap you?

Anyway, I think I made a fair point, that can be equally shared among such enthusiastic members of ESF Forums, who are undoubtebly very proffesionaly skilled in writting arguents, which I'm pretty sure I will get alot of, soon.

It's late down here, have a nice day mates.

G&N

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dad used to punch me in the head as soon as i was bigger i laid him flat on his ass then kicked the hell out of him best day of my life but also my saddest day coz it was a loved one i had to take revenge out uppon
Did he die? If not, I'd say you have some unfinished business...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom