Beating your kids

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dad used to punch me in the head as soon as i was bigger i laid him flat on his ass then kicked the hell out of him best day of my life but also my saddest day coz it was a loved one i had to take revenge out uppon
My dad used to tell me the day I could take him out back behind the barn and beat his ass was the day that I could do what I want. So in high school I fought back and beat the **** out of him. The only thing that accomplished was him upping his emotional abuse toward me.

Spanking can work with younger children. But at the point children can start to reason with logic, that's what you've got to use to get your points across.

Of course, I, have raised no children, realize that my tune may change on the off chance I manage to actually spawn.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it's not my thread, but can we add a poll to this?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, my parents beat the hell out of me if i did something wrong. and i would've done the same thing if i was my own parent.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
eh, my parents beat the hell out of me if i did something wrong. and i would've done the same thing if i was my own parent.
Yeah in your case I don't blame them. I personally would have turned you into a prom night dumpster baby. Jk <3 Or am i.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My parents never beat me. They would yell, and that was enough to get the point across. I still would get a small slap to the head when I did not do well in school. When I was young my dad used always *threaten* to "take out his belt", but never did. He even told me he doesn't really believe in beating one's kids.

I never have gotten drunk. Never did drugs. Never smoked. Never got in trouble with the law. Got good grades. I was a pretty good kid and I never had to be severely punished.

Like others have said (Deman was it?), a little spank is good for kids that are too young to understand, but sometimes I see punkass kids that need their parents to take charge. Raising your voice, depriving a child of a luxury that only the parent can provide (favorite toy, TV, video game, etc.) will remind the kid who is in charge. If all else fails, perhaps physical pain is a last resort to "slap some sense in to them".

But some people brag about their parents beating them. And that today's parents are too whimpy (which they can be). But those same people that I know who brag about their parents beating them are not the most respectable people. That could also teach a kid "hey, if you want something, hurt someone until you get what you want!"

I believe a kid who is capable of logic should not make a choice because of fear of pain, but because they understand the implications that are behind the action. Downright beating your kids anytime they do something that the parent disagrees with is archaic and should not be thought as "those were the days of good parenting" that so much media portrays it to be.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My parents never beat me. They would yell, and that was enough to get the point across. I still would get a small slap to the head when I did not do well in school. When I was young my dad used always *threaten* to "take out his belt", but never did. He even told me he doesn't really believe in beating one's kids.

I never have gotten drunk. Never did drugs. Never smoked. Never got in trouble with the law. Got good grades. I was a pretty good kid and I never had to be severely punished.
Totally same for me until this part ;o

Force Pit Member
Best answers
There have been, on more than one occasion where my parents have pulled out the belt. On the same said occasions I have pulled out my own belt. Yeah, no one is touching me without my consent. Way I see it, if someone is going to perform physical harm to me, I have every right to defend myself. So yeah, I'm not going to stand back like a little ***** and take it. If you do that's fine and I understand why; but not me.

Ironically enough, my parents never learned (like I said they've pulled the belt on me on numerous occasions). They learned quick when I threatened to call the cops for Child Abuse and Domestic Violence. Needless to say, they haven't laid one finger on me since.

Beating your kids is wrong. Plain and simple. There are other, much more effective methods to achieving your goal than to instill fear through physical and emotional harm.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Franklin, that's awesome.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, when i said to mum "i'll call the police" she said "here's the phone you little ****".

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
There have been, on more than one occasion where my parents have pulled out the belt. On the same said occasions I have pulled out my own belt. Yeah, no one is touching me without my consent. Way I see it, if someone is going to perform physical harm to me, I have every right to defend myself. So yeah, I'm not going to stand back like a little ***** and take it. If you do that's fine and I understand why; but not me.

Ironically enough, my parents never learned (like I said they've pulled the belt on me on numerous occasions). They learned quick when I threatened to call the cops for Child Abuse and Domestic Violence. Needless to say, they haven't laid one finger on me since.

Beating your kids is wrong. Plain and simple. There are other, much more effective methods to achieving your goal than to instill fear through physical and emotional harm.
That's what I'm talking about! :D

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he meant actually beating kids, which I wouldn't really consider spanking. Maybe he did mean spanking though, I don't know.

Best answers
I was beaten when I was younger. I'm not one of those hypocrites who say "Hell yea I deserved it." I hated it when I was beaten. I held gruges days after I was beaten.

My point you don't have to torture a child neither physically or mentally. There are other ways to make him understand what's wrong and what's right.

@Legendary - Because of parents with this kind of behaviour there are so many ran-from-home children,junkies ,alcoholics who eventually start raping,killing and stealing.
Beating a kid isn't the answer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can name a whole bunch of people who were raised with the "no hitting" rule. who turned out to be some of the most morally corrupt people i know.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i can name a whole bunch of people who were raised with the "no hitting" rule. who turned out to be some of the most morally corrupt people i know.
I can name a whole bunch of people who were raised with the "no hitting" rule who turned out to be some of the kindest and most mature people I know.

It goes both ways.

Because a parents decision to hit or not is what makes a child turn out the way they are AMIRITE!?

@John Adams

I know.

Best answers
Srry i didnt get a chance to check this thread, im in vacation in florida. lol.

Anyways, when i said "beating" i meant hitting in general, because to me. Hitting and beating are two different things, but at the same time. I think it comes down to what every personal child feels a hit is, and a beating is. My mom used to hit me multiple times, over and over again with the belt. Some times were less painful than others, while some were far worse.

To me, it comes down to how bad the child takes the spanking or whatever you wanna call it. Thats how its defined as beating imo. I was hit with a clock chord one time, and that was really really painful, but it wasnt as bad as some of the times when my mom was relentless on whoopin my ass lol.

I also agree with Zeonix's idea of how people grow up from beating. Some take the path that leads them closer to their parents, and some take the hateful vengeful path. I think that with proper explination of why the child was beating/hit, it will help the child understand and grow from the experience. Personally, my mom used to tell me why she was gonna hit me, either before or after the fact. She would make sure that i understood why i was getting hit, and i think that helped me realize that what i was doing was wrong, and helped me grow from it.

I now agree with hitting your kids, and think the amount that you hit them should depend on what they did. But in all honesty, i hate seeing some of the kids in todays world, that go untouched when you know they should be hit.

I work at the mall, and i always see ****head kids crying and throwing temper tantrums whenever they dont get the toy they want or whatever it may be. And parents always just smile and let them cry, like its okay. My mom always told me, if i was gonna cry for no reason, she would give me a reason to cry. And that taught me not to make a big scene for such little things, and I'm sure that if those kids were told the same thing, they would probably stop being such whiny ****s.

Heres a comedian that covers hitting your kids, and he does a pretty decent job about it.
WARNING THIS COMEDIAN USES BAD WORDS, IF YOURE A LITTLE KID DONT CLICK PLAY OKAY?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn5jlrxcpkI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn5jlrxcpkI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I know my mom actually used that move that Russels dad does when he gets threatened to call childrens aid on him lol

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spanking =/= Beating
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Spanking is a single blow not intended to actually harm the child, beating is an unfortunate outlet of frustration on someone who can't protect themselves or fight back.

I find that those who weren't spanked as children, and turn out bad, are usually the ones who weren't disciplined at all as children. Hitting wouldn't have made any difference if the parent wasn't really trying in the first place.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Spanking is a single blow not intended to actually harm the child, beating is an unfortunate outlet of frustration on someone who can't protect themselves or fight back.

I find that those who weren't spanked as children, and turn out bad, are usually the ones who weren't disciplined at all as children. Hitting wouldn't have made any difference if the parent wasn't really trying in the first place.
What about those who were hit as a child and still turned out bad?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same thing, bad parenting.

I believe I address that in my post as well . . . hitting wouldn't have made any difference if the parent wasn't really trying in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom