Beams in ESF 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey ,
I have question about the beams attacks , I had Half life just about 3-2 years ago , But i cant remember what happend to the account (I still tryin to figure out), I remember that the beams was big and good like in the DBZ Series.
And I played on my friend account (He gave me , Because he quit steam , And now he is back so no more ESF :(. ) and the beams seems to be weak..

I mean in the DBZ series all the beams , even special beam have alot of power , but ingame its little boom , You get me ?..

I know you did this for stop the beam spamming , But if you guys make the BEAMS system more like in the DBZ TV , Its would be great and fun.
You can make the map larger so the beam wont hit everybody.

I mean kamehameha explosion looks like its not a kamehameha understand?..

Hope you will listen to my suggestion.
BTW : I am going to buy HL , be ready i am going to be verfiy account :).

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The game wouldn't be very fun if the beams did explosions on the scale of the show. Blowing up every 10 seconds kind of sucks.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They need to add cvar so people can change it for they servers.. , as they want it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams will have their effects both FX and damage according to the scales of the game. We will make it as balanced as possible, but the chance of us adding a command like that is nearly 0, cause we want to keep the gameplay balanced.

If you still wish to increase beam explosion sizes you can still use AMXX. Also you were probably playing EVM back then, because ESF never really had verly huge beams.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How about making a system where regular beams make a small explosion and rises some dust so it looks bigger (like in the Tv when they fall to the ground, all that dust added to a small explosion). Also, make a Maximum Power Beams (like in the Tv series too, now that we're talking about it :p), where u can use all your Ki (probably a minimum amount of Ki required) to make a real strong beam that wont just raise the dust, but make a real big explosion aswell, but it would also have some side-effects like a few seconds suffocated (stunned) or something, or some Ki penalty or whatever that comes to your mind :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about making a system where regular beams make a small explosion and rises some dust so it looks bigger (like in the Tv when they fall to the ground, all that dust added to a small explosion). Also, make a Maximum Power Beams (like in the Tv series too, now that we're talking about it :p), where u can use all your Ki (probably a minimum amount of Ki required) to make a real strong beam that wont just raise the dust, but make a real big explosion aswell, but it would also have some side-effects like a few seconds suffocated (stunned) or something, or some Ki penalty or whatever that comes to your mind :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGGvzBky48

That?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually love the idea for max power beams. possible have it drain most if not all of your ki, while simultaneously draining 10% of your total HP so as to not make it an OP nuke that people can just spam.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Might be a better idea to make it so only people with low HP can use it.
though even in that case it will still be overpowered, only in the form of a counterattack which affects tons of players >_>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
One of the reasons I liked Dragonball z and I am sure others too, was the idea of infinite potentiality. Sometimes it really felt like the characters had no escape, so that they had to give all they have left, to me large or super large beams are Ok as long as it remains as potential energy rather than something that can be pulled off quite easily. This must be really difficult to do because how can you release such energy or Kii in this case to the people who are battling conservatively. It WOULD require a very complex system.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
!

How about implementing the large beams in a team based gameplay mode?
Basically a single player could gather the energy of his teammates to prepare a large beam, said teammates would either be immobilized or move slower than usual. It could take a fairly large amount of time.
There could also be large beam clashes in this fashion, with both sides doing it at once.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol and what you just said isnt complex?

how on earth would a coder know how to code that lol.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I honestly think esf final, from what I've seen in the teasers is shaping up more than just amazing. Vegeta's big bang looked great, and the whole game is looking uber fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
lol and what you just said isnt complex?

how on earth would a coder know how to code that lol.
Wasn't really thinking about complexity TBH.
Just thought it might be a good idea to suggest it :x

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We actually have so to say a better idea already planned.

Ill just remind you of it with one phrase.

You ready?

Bonus system.

Though what exactly we have planned for KI attacks i will not reveal yet.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What about the beams explosion and damage will be about on the player KI/Power.

More stronger more BOOM and more DAMAGE.
Because in ESF ECX2 and esf 1.2.3 , the beams explosion is the same size if you stronger or weaker .

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Because in ESF ECX2 and esf 1.2.3 , the beams explosion is the same size if you stronger or weaker .
Power will increase with PL. However, if blast radius increased, a high PL player could nuke the server with beam attacks. Think of it as an incentive to actually hit someone with an attack.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Wrong. Both in ESF and in ECX damage radius increases in size with PL. BUT in ECX the sprites dont match it, so you see a small explosion where the damage radius is bigger than the effect sprite.

In ESF 1.2.3 its different. You need 5 million PL lead on the server average to see the difference, but it is possible to nuke maps with certain attacks especially if you are the first to transform. In both instances damage and blast radius increases. Not as dramatically as EVM, but it does increase.

We will be going for a different approach in the Final though. But that will be revealed once the system is fully in.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Are you guys are at 80% of the game ? (i hope so , i am so waiting , when the esf 1.3 will be released i will buy HL1 :D ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom