Beam vs. Ball struggles

Best answers
I'm sure most of us have encountered the frustration of shooting a beam into a SB or SBC or GeneBall and being stuck in a struggle with something that won't die until it hits the edge of the map, and have somebody waiting with a charged KHH or even just ready to melee you when it's done.

As such, I think there should be a way to cancel struggles. (I'm not sure if the engine is advanced enough to be able to discern whether you're struggling with a Beam or Ball attack...)

If it can discern between struggles with beams/balls, then perhaps if you click during a struggle with a ball, it detonates your beam? Or it detaches you from your beam? Or even expends the rest of your ki to make one final push to make the ball fly away?
I don't think it should come at the cost of ki (except the third one, obviously), as what it's doing is preventing people from spamming balls until they're struggled, then camping the struggler.

If it treats Balls/Beams the same for struggles, then there should be a way to let your beam die out in a struggle. Possibly if you click during the struggle, your beam just collapses on itself and fades away, letting the other attack run its natural course again.

Just trying to keep it a bit faster paced, so you don't get locked in a 5 minute struggle. (Though personally I'd just kill myself if that happened.)

Best answers
I totally agree with you on this one. I am sure i am not the only one who has died because i accidentaly got into a powerstruggle with an sbc from a cell or piccolo who was shooting them off one after another, only to become fodder for him as soon as i finished the struggle and was completely out of ki, and he was waiting patiently with a full charged sbc/kamehameha/gallit gun for me to finish. I like the idea of abandoning the struggle and letting the other party win, and their beam/ball running its natural course.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i prefer melee and blocking more than beams so you BS the SBC and throw it back to its owner (though i think he wont be to happy)

Best answers
The problem with block struggling the sbc is this:while you are struggling he powers up a full sbc, and as soon as you win you have no ki(or very little, depending on powerlevels) and he releases another at you, and its is very diffucult to dodge with no ki, and impossible if you are near a wall or the ground or any other surface. If you try to block it again then you have no ki and you die.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I agree with this as well. Even though I do love it when I push back a fully powered Spirit Bomb with ease, and with half my KI left when the ball explodes. That's rather fun. ;)
What should happen is, you press your Secondary Fire key, and it detaches your beam from you, so you can fly off, that way, you won't be stuck in that struggle, but if your losing that struggle, you should not, yes, I said not, be able to detach your beam, because, you deserve to be killed if you can't successfully struggle a ball attack, whether it be a Big Bang Attack, Spirit Bomb, or Special Beam Cannon.

Best answers
my friend, all this long explanation... you could've just said that you want beams to be able to be dettached
which have been suggested b4, and denied /sniff sniff

better luck with suggestions next time

oh and dont worry, no1 will get too stuck in a struggle
cause the team made this very smart thing that explodes struggles if they dont move for a certain amount of time
which never actaully come to hand cause this situation never (almost never) happens
what it should explode is if it moves really slowly - aka both sides are out of power or are in exact power matching...

Best answers
that way of being able to be detached hasn't been suggested yet (i think)
i like Krazy-Killa's idea, in my opinion it's only fair that you're only able to detach it if you are winning the PS

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Just like Canon's Food said, this suggestion has not been suggested before. It may sound almost exactly like just detaching beams, but it's going into more detail one when you can detach beams in a struggle, and what the criteria is for being able to detach a beam. Sorry, RoshkoMasta, but you need to read the posts more thoroughly before posting your comments.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait for struggles to get worked on and it'll get taken care of.

Best answers
You like to use bold text, Krazy. I like that.

But what exactly do you mean by losing? As in the bar (on the gauge) is moving towards your side? or it's already on your side?
If it's possible to discern between beam/beam and ball/beam struggles, I don't think it should only be when you're losing. Because if you get caught in a struggle with a fully charged SB, that'll take enough time to get out of "losing" status that they can charge a KHH or even another SB for when you're done.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
RavenRage said:
You like to use bold text, Krazy. I like that.

But what exactly do you mean by losing? As in the bar (on the gauge) is moving towards your side? or it's already on your side?
If it's possible to discern between beam/beam and ball/beam struggles, I don't think it should only be when you're losing. Because if you get caught in a struggle with a fully charged SB, that'll take enough time to get out of "losing" status that they can charge a KHH or even another SB for when you're done.
What I mean by losing, is when you're actually losing the struggle, and there is no way to get yourself on the winning end of the struggle. For detached attacks, it doesn't take too much effort, and time to deflect a ball (Big Bang Attack, Shield Attack) or beam (Special Beam Cannon) away from you, but there are times, to where it's just impossible to win, and you deserve to die for struggling it. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom