Beam Volume

Best answers
Wow, ok this is the first suggestion I have posted in months, and here my through.

Ok, first things first I have to tell you all how much I hate beam explosions. They are ridiculous and never happened in the show and because of this PS struggles totally suck before in the end both player dies anyways so there is no point.

This idea is to replace explosions, because they suck and will always suck no matter how great ESF becomes.

OK, we all know how in the series dodging a kamehame wasnt always a cake walk and it was usually unavoidable. Well, in ESF it seems anyone who puts any effort into it can dodge any beam and the only way people get killed by them are if they dont see them or because of the stupid detonation cheapness.

What I propose is that the ESF Team increases the volume of the beams so that they are less easy to avouid. I do NOOOOT mean visible volume cuz that would just increae lag. There should be an invisible aura of extra volume around each beam so even if your not directly on the beam you can still be hit by it. The higher your powerlvl and more you charge into it the bigger the invisble volume around the beam. So when your Vegeta with 10 million PL and fully charging a FF the only way for someone to avoid it would be to teleport or swoop as far out of the way as possible because the beam would take up a circumference of like 200 feet. Then you wouldnt have to rely on explosion radius to get someone and there will be no more "detonating".

This will solve a lot of unrealistic problems such as 600,000 PL Krillin's dodging kamehame's from people with 2 million+ PL.

Note the following changes I am suggesting:

-No more explosions
-No more detonation
-Invisble extra volume around beams measured by PL and charge.

Best answers
So what you are saying is people take damage from simply being NEAR the beam? I KNOW that was never in the show. I agree that explosion damage should be toned down, but a fully charged kame should be able to kill if someone is close enough to the blast.

Best answers
Dude in the show you couldnt simply dodge a beam, but in ESF they move slow enough that its easy. There was no blast, there was no explosion. If the person has a high PL u should either block it or try to get the hell out of there before your dead. Beams are easy to dodge now in ESF and becuz of that people use the cheap tactic of detonation and explosions to their advantage. Increased volume would only play abig effective for the higher PLs, like after you transform the amount of extra volume will become significant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually its preety hard to dodge beams now.

Best answers
Seriously?!? The only thing I find hard dodging is the explosion, beams are almost pathetically easy to dodge. I love to just waiting for someone thats staring right at me to finish charging his beam and blast it at me to tele right behind him.

Best answers
actually, i think the beams should be faster, they are pretty darn slow when comparing the game to the show...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the game dontg suppose to be exactly like the show

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bad idea. Won't even get into why right now, though. Just trust me. Weak idea.

Best answers
so you're saying take away all explosions?????? IM sorry but no one would play the game without the satisfaction of make a blast cover the whole map.

Best answers
First of all, it is quite easy to dodge them. Just teleport real fast in a completely different direction, power up, and then melee them.

And Abe, if I remember correctly, some time in the sayian saga when Goku and Vegeta were fighting, Vegeta fired a beam that burnt Gokus clothes off, but It never touched it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
deffinitly never gonna happen

beams are good the way they are now

who cares if its not 100% accurate to the show... esf is about having fun not being totaly accurate to dbz

Best answers
I disagree with pretty much all the ideas except keeping the beams the way they are, and that the beam explosions are whacked - you should take less damage the farther away from the center you are - so I don't get KILLED by a beam that barely skims my left shoulder - I don't care how hard or easy they are to dodge, all my beam targets can't move at the time anyway, melee is fun that way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if beams wernt like they are now then no one would use them at all cause melee would just be too good compared to beams

there is a reason beams are like that u know :rolleyes:

Best answers
Im not trying to make it 100% accurate to the show, one of my reasons for doing this is to be 100% accurate to the show. The explosions hurt the gameplay. Its annoying to try to get around a beam or prepare to block struggle a beam and it just blows up in your face. Its cheap and it gives the beam user too much authority. But fine, if no one likes it forget about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
explosions are needed

besides beams are supost to be just that they are super mad power houses ki whores that nuke the planet having them not explode would be pathetic and lame

Best answers
If it was 100% accurate to the show, then Goku is the strongest, everyone should be able to move so fast that they are invisible. They try to make the gameplay fair so its even for everyone.

And if there weren't any explosion, then beams would be underpowered.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps, but I do agree that the beams need work. AE explosion damage needs to be cut by about a third, perhaps one half. In my oppinion the beams should be an extension of melee. You charge one up and throw it at somebody who is coming at you in the hopes of knocking him backwards and taking some health off. You shouldn't be able to just charge and release nukes over and over at people who aren't even targetting you.

Best answers
Originally posted by Culex
If it was 100% accurate to the show,
I wonder how many times I'm going to have to say that I'm not trying to make it 100% accurate to the show, just more fair, before this thread is closed.

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
Im not trying to make it 100% accurate to the show, one of my reasons for doing this is to be 100% accurate to the show.
So let me get this straight, you don't want it to be 100% accurate, but you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom