Beam jumping

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I feel that this is an obvious suggestion, but, since you only use one hadn to beamjump, I figure, with the other hand you should be able to hold a dragonball or fine another generic beam, or in 1.2's case, also be able to fire a generic ball.

1. It's obvious, you have an open hand, and only being able to tele while you are hold a dragon ball is kinda lame, plus, you can block when you have a dragonball, so you should be able to beamjump.

2.You should also be able to fire another generic beam, and even double beam jump, ie: you beamjump diagonally and you're flying towards a wall, you charge another beam and fire it at the wall, then you start flying diagonally the other direction. I'll did my best there. -_-

3.And finally, in the case of 1.2, while you're beamjumping you can fire generic balls.

-!-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so what u want is to be able to beam jump whenever and be able to shoot beams and balls when doing it??

um how bout no?

this is by far one the least thought out ideas ever

Best answers
i looked at the 1.2 outline in help , and it says Beamjumpign will be removed form players, does that mean no more beamjumpin? :cry:

Best answers
yea im glad they fixed that czu im sick of ppl beamjumping offa me.......

Back on toopic.. yea it sound like an ok idea but i dont think it quite fits and as for the hole 1 handed thing and carring thr dragonballs. if u thinkik about it if u can beamjump with the dragonballs in ur hand there will b kinda unfrair. they make it so u cant for a reason. but maybe they should make it so when u beamjump u put both hands into it like as soon as u beamjump ur other hand goes into it.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u do put both hands into the blast

Best answers
How about, Beam Jumping is the most rediculous thing that has ever been implimented in ESF? And therefore, my opinion on anything to do with beam jumping, especially in regards to beefing it up, is

How about you **** off instead?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and how about we dont go flaming off there mr bbq

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's only with two hands in 1.2 Hib and he may not have seen the video\picture to know otherwise. And beam jumping is very useful Bihal. Especially off players, which was removed :(.

Best answers
I never said it wasn't useful. It's just stupid. And especially beam jumping off players. I remember looking at the preview video with my friend lance, and we were excited until we saw beam jumping. Then it was, from both of us at the same time "What the hell..." It makes no sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, what's so stupid about it. Beamjumping off players is a bug, and it's going to be removed, so using that as a justification for your comment is really pointless. You haven't given us a reason as to why it's so stupid. Even you don't think it's useless, so how about a reason?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam jumping is there if you want to use it to your advantage. If you don't, you don't have to, nobody is making you. Beam jumping happened on the show, and it has some tactical advantages, so why have it in-game?

I think if anything should be done to the beam jump you should weaken the power of the explosion when you let go of it. Beam jumping up into the air then letting go of a fully charged SSJ kamehameha can get ridiculous.

Best answers
I said that part especially. That doesn't void the rest of the comment. I don't remember beam jumping ever being used (can someone give me some examples?), and I'm certain it didn't propel them to the otherside of the world at at least the speed of teleporting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when 18 shot a huge blast at Goku, he used two hands, one beam out of each hand, to beamjump out of the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also beleive krillen used one to fake Nappa out and flank/suprise attack him. It's been used more than that, but I do agree with sonic, that the damage should be taken down, that or only allow beamjumping with generic beams.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goten used it against trunks at the turnament in buu saga
and yes what's the point of beamjumping with a strong attack you just get rid of your ki faster

Best answers
goten used it against trunks at the turnament in buu saga
and yes what's the point of beamjumping with a strong attack you just get rid of your ki faster
how bout if you don't have strong ki attacks? How bout if your being double teamed or tri teamed

Best answers
Since I don't remember any of those examples, do you mean the kind of thing that Gohan does in the Trunks Special?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen the entire trunks special, so I'm not sure. Regardless, there are tons of moments in DBZ where beamjumping was used for strategic reasons. I still haven't seen a reason why you don't like them so much or why they shouldn't be in the game.

I think the only tweak that really needs to be made to beamjumping is the explosion radius and damage, or just to limit beamjumping to generic beams.

Best answers
What I remember is a whole lot of times when beams where exploded right in front of someone and then the jumped out of the way. I don't ever remember seeing a beamhead just laying on the ground as some Z fighter went flying off into the sunset on the other end. So maybe you should have read my earlier post. About the fact Beam Jumping is rediculously fast.

Okay, tell me this. Did any of them use beam jumping from mid air?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom