Beam jumping

Best answers
Ok, we have all had some one run up with a full kamehameha wave then beam jump away kill you and anyone else in the area
why not make beam jump generic beam only? Thats all the Z fighters use in the show to beam jump with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because in the show the two Beamjump instances were both Kamehameha's. Against King Piccolo (Dragonball, Goku) before punching through his chest, and against Frieza (DBZ, Goku again) beamjumping to evade one of Frieza's explosions.

I think Beamjumping should be toned down though, it's faster than swooping. Seeing as in both instances it was a boost in speed rather than a handy means of transportation, I think it should have a maximum length of 160 units before breaking off, but you maintain the momentum which diminshes, so it's sort of like a catupult to quickly get you out of an area/fling you into someone fast for melee, rather than a way of just getting about. It would be more like the show this way.

Best answers
or just a new attack binded to n or somthin where its a gen beam that does no damage

oh and a gen beam can be charged anyway you want even to look like a kamehameha wave

Best answers
The current beamjumping is actually a bug, from what I've heard.

Anyway, I do agree beamjumping should be restricted to generic beams as well, I'm sure that'll decrease at least some spam >_>

Best answers
i sorta agree, but any beam you can hold should be able to beam jump, however i think that when you beam jump it should drain your ki faster, be only a burst so you just get a rapid jump up and/or not explode when you release.

Best answers
I think beam jump should be a high speed catapult, like what Ravendust said. You should get flung a bazillion miles per hour in the direction you want to go

nge

Best answers
I've been thinking about that, and in terms of balance, I agree that it's a great solution. Anything larger than a generic beam is unnessacary, and is not being used as a mode of transportation but obviously an attack. This attack is over-powering with large beams, and in "capible" hands has the potential to be 100% unstopable.

Best answers
^^^^ yes i agree, thats why im syaing when your beam jumping with any beam attack, it shouldnt explode when you realse if you beam jumped, makes the game funner sorta lol

Best answers
It would also work to let the player beam jump with any beam but just cap the damage. Have one cap for generic beams which is lower then a higher one for special beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, great idea. Regardless though, the beamjump should still take either more Ki, or be slowed down. Right now it's way too fast and makes getting away slightly more than a sliver of ki away.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I think Beamjumping should be toned down though, it's faster than swooping. Seeing as in both instances it was a boost in speed rather than a handy means of transportation, I think it should have a maximum length of 160 units before breaking off, but you maintain the momentum which diminshes, so it's sort of like a catupult to quickly get you out of an area/fling you into someone fast for melee, rather than a way of just getting about. It would be more like the show this way.
Fully agree. Gives people a little time to avoid being beamjump nuked too then.

Best answers
YEA! ^_^ my idea worked.

a prime example (was watching sayian saga lastnight) when Krillin was gonna destract Nappa for Piccolo to grab his tail Krillin ran up to Nappa and at the last second used a gen beam (two hander if you cared) to beam jump upward it was right infront of Nappa and did ZERO damage no explosion.

On a side note Piccolo got pwnz in teh head afterward :laff: :laff: :laff:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree Beamjump was never used line a elevator in DBZ. It was a katapult so just make it throw you in the oposite direction you are aming.

Best answers
^^^ yes i agree and such it should explode, it awlasys just seemed ot be the equivilant of a jet, in DB when goku uses it he uses it in burts if youve seen it to go up and down righ tand left but it wasn ta beam it just gave him short bursts of movment

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom