Beam Idea!! (read)

Best answers
ive heard a lot of complaining about how on the show they can't blow up their beams before they hit something, but on the game you can blow it up with the right mouse button. How bout instead of blowing up you detach from it...like on the show. Tell me what you guys think and plz no flaming...im talking to you flamer!

Best answers
yeah i was thinkning the same thing! turn inot a projectile (ball) instead!!

Best answers
I have said this for a while now, I have always liked the idea, but people love to explode beams so it wouldn't work. I say right click is still explode but clicking left after shooting the beam would cause it to detach.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea is nothing new, and I'm fairly certain it is on the list of stuff done/to do for Beta 1.1.
I would think it would work nicely if you right click once to detach it, then right click again to detonate it. So if you just want to detonate it without detaching it, right click twice quickly.

Best answers
It's Not a good idea

Because people would spam it over and over like the Kamahameha, and we already got whinners about people spamming that how it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was detachable in the old alphas

and everyone hated it said it was cheap and so it was removed

there for it isnt going back in

Best answers
Maybe it should just be limited to the generic beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Picon
Maybe it should just be limited to the generic beam.
then everyone hates it much more !!!
a fully charges KHH turns into a generetic beam ... nice try ...

I have this Alpha, too (A1.5)
I didn't like it, too ... you miss anybody ... and then ???

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh?
He meant only the Generic Beam should be detachable.
I think thats a pretty good idea, cuz in the show quite a few times characters use Ki Blast-like attacks, but they're beams that detach from their hands.
Piccolo did it in Cooler's Revenge. (Yeah I know ESF is about the movies, but still.)

Best answers
detonating is worse than detaching, at least if he detaches the beam u can still block it, but if he detonates it... :\

Best answers
I dont see why tou would call it cheaper than detonating, nothing is cheaper than detonating.

It is sad how every1's biggest excuse is that "someone will detach right before a PS so your sutck in it". Well not if you code it right buddy. You can code it that when you PS with a projecticle you can detach but then both attacks will explode or keep going whatever the team prefers.

Detonating is insanely cheap and is just something the team made up. They like doing that, making stuff up that never existed instead of finding better solutions to problems.

Best answers
u can make it so that when u detach a projectile it becomes very weak, or instead of detaching/detonating, just make it disappear!!! detonating is meant to be an escape -i believe, since u can't do anything when controlling beams- so u shouldn't get advantage when u do that.

Best answers
I think they should have the person detach (mind you i dont remember ever being able to detach in the alpha, and im pretty sure i played 1.5), but if its a problem then just have it only detach after some certain distance and/or make it weaker or dissapate or something (though i think it should just detach after a distance) so anyway... ya it should detach

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it wont be detachable again

people *****ed about detaching beams before so they aint gonna go back

Best answers
:/ well i wasn't here when they were detachable. :p but ppl are ***** about detonating, so .......... :rolleyes: i guess just let it go (disappear) or something. cuz right now u can't go in a block struggle cuz u can't trust the person and wether he is gonna detonate it or not.

Best answers
oooooh, yeah that reminds me, if i use gohan's sheild, ppl will just detonate their beams be4 they reach me. this needs to be fixed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, either way, detachable or detonateable, people think one is cheap or stupid.
Just be glad you can do something with your beam when it's out there, because apparently there isn't going to be detachable beams, and if people keep bickering the team may just as well remove the detonation feature.

Best answers
the team wouldn't remove detonating just cause we are fight about what beams should do...and detonating is cheaper then detaching...and didn't the team say they want to make it like dbz...well they can't explode thier blasts they detach them!

Best answers
i think your right, i remember goku about to kamaya wave someone and he dodged and goku stoped it in mid attack and the beam just went off like a ball...weird.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well in the show they never detonated their beams because 9/10 times the beam was a direct hit, no matter if the opponent blocked it or knocked it out of th eway, the person wuold rarely just move out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom