Beam Idea/Beam-Jump Idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Major Beam Implementation:

I've suggested this before, quite a while ago. im hoping people will consider it this time around.

instead of having a minimum charge bar on all beams, why not have the beams and some balls be capable of fire right after the animation/sounds? with exceptions of course. such as final flash, major ball attacks, and finish buster if they actually decide to make that into the beam it rightfully should be.

it works like this:

there IS a charge bar but it doesnt have the minimum charge line.

instead, as soon as the charge shows up (which is right after the animations and sounds) you can fire it, but it'll be VERY weak. probably about the same as a fully charged generic beam, thats about how long the animation takes after all.

However, you CAN continue to charge it, although its slow. it gets exponentially more powerful as you continue charging it. of course, the charge and beam get bigger as it continues to charge. it DOES have a max charge too it.

Reasoning:

Well, there is always more to the game than JUST melee. and i hate saying that. the way it is, you may as well just keep the gen beam and ki balls and take out the major beams

implementing beams, whether it seems pointless or not, will increase the aspects of the game by allowing the newbies to work in the "big beam-spam" with melee. and i know alot of pro's will like the feel it gives. the fact is beams SHOULD be given a bigger part in the game. not to mention beam-struggles are pretty much not gonna happen if they are not planned.

if someone quick shoots a KHH at you, you'll now have enough time to fast charge a gallic gun and actually struggle it. which could work for you, if your stronger. unlike the gen beam you'd be able to see and hear the charge long before its fired at you. and there is still the aspect that it can be charged longer than a gen beam. so if you think you can take the risk...

Beam Jump from flat on the ground:

there are times that i just used the space bar and was suddenly hit. when that happens i ALWAYS end up face down in the dirt. so i was thinking that you can beam jump directly from that position and into the air.

when you get smashed down you switch to your gen beam. when you charge it, his hand will rise off of the ground with an energy ball in it. then you release while space bar is held and your propelled off of the ground by a beam.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for most attacks i noticed that the minimum charge time is actually teh same as the animation play time.

There are a ew exceptions. But the KHH, Spirit bomb, galit gun, masenko, burning attack are all set like that. If you fire at the minimum charge time its just after the animation ended.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, ive tested the aspects out already. the Khh takes a couple of seconds longer than the full charged gen beam and the sound file takes a second to kick on when you start charging. the GG used to be just about the right speed, but its the same as the Khh in 1.3. masenko was just about the right speed.

how about a timescale?

[ = animation start, ] = animation finish, ( = soundfile start, ) =soundfile finish, + = the time you can shoot it.

[---(-------]--)-+ this makes it a little too long to be practical at all. this would be elapsed over about 5 seconds.

this is what i would like:

[(---]---)+ that should make sense. thats elapsed over about 2 seconds altogether. the sound file is played a little quicker, or a different file from the anime, its played right at the start of the charge, and the animation isnt prolonged.

and thats only the kamehameha. the gallic gun is even faster, since its shorter to say. but it starts off weaker. it still ends up growing to be just as strong as the kamehameha after a couple of seconds from charging.

i was even thinking of beam "modes". but i'll get to that on a later suggestion.

EDIT: In any case. if you dont like these ideas, its fine. but, i really think beam-play is a very important part of the games future. since this is the last release i'd like to see it finally be done right. so i would really start thinking of ways to implement the beams into melee a little more.

in the budokai games(yes yes, i know its a sin to mention this game in the suggestions section)you could fire off a beam in an instant. the only flaw in this is that you have an auto-aim and the beams are fast as ****. if **** is, indeed, as fast as they presume.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom