Beam explosion idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok , i'm just thinkning that maybe beam explosions could be changed

if you look at some of the fights in dbz , explosions were kinda different to what they are in esf , take the fight between ussj vegeta and cell form 2 , the explosions didn't happen big straight away , they started out small and then just exploded (as with cell doing that galic gun and vegeta doing that supposed bigbang beam , so what i'm suggesting is , before a beam explosion happens , it starts out small , then about 3seoonds (or maybe more) later , it gets as big as it usally is

critz/comments??

Best answers
That would be a nice little effect, like it starts off as a small bubble then bursts into the spiky one. An addition to that is that explosions should give off coloured light. The bigger the explosion, the more intense the light. Like say Goku does a really powerful kamehameha, the whole map would have a blue tint to it, just like in the show when there's a huge explosion.

Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense... I'm tired.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u do sorta get the idea , i will post some screenies when i'm next on the forums of what i mean

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just a fade filter on the screen could do that quite easily.

the tint i mean,

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. the beam has it's initial explosion being smaller then usal , 2. the explosion gets bigger fastly or slowley , THAT'S THE IDEA MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well one problem with the suggestion is that it'd be a lot easier to run away from an explosion that grows over time than one that just pops like an overinflated baloon. The other issue is just how would the damage be handled? Nobody is going to sit in the little explosion long enough to take any real damage.

Best answers
i think i noe what he bmeens i dnt belive its a gradual over time thing i think he meens right before lets say a generic beam in a thrown form before it hits fades out and then BOOM it blows up in there face or with freezas death beam there would be a 1 - 2 second pause before the explotiona dn then it would burst or right ebfore it hit it would fade out for lets say a third of a secnd and explode. Like mayeb they dont fade out rather the attack implodes onteh player doing the intial damage which is weak to semi stronge demepding on teh attack and then suddenly it bursts from there and the rest of the damage is done to the player or those surrounding the attack. jsut a thought ;)

Best answers
hmm i think it be a great effect but like was said, most would just super teleport away from it, unless it happened so fast liek say ina matter of a second , becasue anymroe than that and i would jump away personaly. I meen if it only occured when it hit the map that be fine, but if it happened when it hit somonei think it be sorta impractical.

Best answers
Think about the way explosions work in the current ESF: As soon as the beam hits the ground and detonates, anybody in the radius of the beam is instantly affected, even before the explosion reaches them anyway. For example, I'm Vegeta at a pl of 100,000,000. I fire a fully charged Final Flash across the other side of the map. As soon as the beam hits something I instantly take the damage and die, about 3 seconds before the explosion graphics actually hit me. So really this idea wouldn't affect gameplay at all as the explosuions would still remain non-dodgeable, but it would make explosions look a lot nicer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
That would be a nice little effect, like it starts off as a small bubble then bursts into the spiky one. An addition to that is that explosions should give off coloured light. The bigger the explosion, the more intense the light. Like say Goku does a really powerful kamehameha, the whole map would have a blue tint to it, just like in the show when there's a huge explosion.

Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense... I'm tired.
That makes perfect sense actually. It reminds me alot of the show. Some beams would make the sky become black since the light from the explosion would be SOOO intense and then the sky goes back to normal. Or if they are fighting in night scenes then the sky looks like it was day again then goes back to night.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't it already do that? I starts out small and quickly grows giant. and the damage is still elt even tho it didnt grow to its maximum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom