Beam damage %

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what I always wanted to have to stop map nukes?

When a big beam blows up and you are caught in the radius it only does 1/4 the max damage to you, but you get sent flying in a random direction thanks to the shockwave, with the real damage being done by hitting the terrain at 2x the power.

That idea in conjunction with your percentage bit could be very good.

I still think it should zoom in over the shoulder, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that idea. I would guess that the distance you go flying is proportional to the damage dealt. I wonder if there would be minimum cap for that though, I wouldn't want to be sent into a struggle from a simple generic beam, or something that shouldn't really effect me much.

Best answers
Pain said:
I like that idea. I would guess that the distance you go flying is proportional to the damage dealth. I wonder if there would be minimum cap for that though, I wouldn't want to be sent into a struggle from a simple generic beam, or something that shouldn't really effect me much.
I also think the amout of Ki someone has should effect %...
Say someone had full Ki , Percentage would be lowerd , someone with 0 ki ,was almost a dead cert kill (direct hit)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just think if you change it to Beam % from blast radius, it would be much better, would force people to be mor accurate rather shoot in general diresction then right click.

Has less bugs then hp%

Best answers
raise beams damage...
so it gets balanced.. more people melee then beaming... rais its damage so more would use it... maybe ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raise beam damage? Wtf...

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Raise beam damage? Wtf...
He thinks to many people use Melee.
Well , he's allowed an opinion , and here's mine:
009 your a fool and that Idea sucks ass.
:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wish people would take their own suggestions into their own threads. With the exception of Pride's suggestion, which actually tends to work WITH mine, they have all been seperate pointless topics that have nothing to do with this thread.

Something that seems to keep coming up is damage control. I don't know how else to explain it so I'll just say it again.

Power level, charge time, and anything else that is currently associated with damage dealt, will still be involved with the percentage calculations. I don't know why there are still posts saying "I think ki and pl should be a factor too!".

MajinDruu said:
I also think the amout of Ki someone has should effect %...
Say someone had full Ki , Percentage would be lowerd , someone with 0 ki ,was almost a dead cert kill (direct hit)
Dude, I can't even understand what you meant with this... Maybe it's just me.

009 said:
raise beams damage...
so it gets balanced.. more people melee then beaming... rais its damage so more would use it... maybe ?
This defeats the entire point of my suggestion to REDUCE beam spam. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reducing beam spam is a tough thing to do. That's the only reason I mentioned my old over-the-shoulder idea. I'm not so sure the problem is that the beams are spammed and the system of damage is bad...I think that I'd associate beam spam more or less with the accuracy involved. I think being caught in the blast radius just should be significantly less damaging as getting hit and being, you know, all up in that blast radius. As long as that is part of the suggestion--ki based, pl based, or what have you--I consider it a good idea.

Though the beam system could benefit immensely from an "overall overhaul" if you ask me.

Best answers
It could probably work like this

Direct Hit 100% Damage

In Blast Radius of Detonated Beam 50% Damage

Detonated Beam 50% Damage

In Blast Radius of Detonated Beam 25% of the Damage

Best answers
Pain said:
Dude, I can't even understand what you meant with this... Maybe it's just me.
Ever Play Budokai 3? Your Defence percentage is lowerd when you have less KI energy , therefore increaseing damage , and vice versa...
Its not THAT hard to understand.. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Reducing beam spam is a tough thing to do. That's the only reason I mentioned my old over-the-shoulder idea. I'm not so sure the problem is that the beams are spammed and the system of damage is bad...I think that I'd associate beam spam more or less with the accuracy involved. I think being caught in the blast radius just should be significantly less damaging as getting hit and being, you know, all up in that blast radius. As long as that is part of the suggestion--ki based, pl based, or what have you--I consider it a good idea.

Though the beam system could benefit immensely from an "overall overhaul" if you ask me.
I like that idea a lot more than mine actually. Should make another thread on it so people won't get confused in this one. Perhaps have 3 zones of damage in relation to where the beamhead is, with some added damage for a direct hit. Don't forget to mention the shockwave hit also, I liked that one too ;) .

Junanagou said:
It could probably work like this

Direct Hit 100% Damage

In Blast Radius of Detonated Beam 50% Damage

Detonated Beam 50% Damage

In Blast Radius of Detonated Beam 25% of the Damage
I followed that up untill the second "Detonated Beam" o_O

MajinDruu said:
Ever Play Budokai 3? Your Defence percentage is lowerd when you have less KI energy , therefore increaseing damage , and vice versa...
Its not THAT hard to understand.. :rolleyes:
No I haven't played Budokai 3. I was confused because you didn't make it clear what you were talking about. I didn't know if you were talking about one guy or two, or which person you were refering to when you mentioned ki. Now that you've explained it better it's much easier to understand.

It could be a good idea, who knows. Make a thread on it ;) .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I probably should post the idea. A while back I posted this over-the-top idea to implement cinematic wave damage. Most of it was really melodramatic...but the simple, easy idea I've always had to improve the beams, I never posted about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom