Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fixed camera locked on beam. (2nd)

• Both are good ideas.

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought of 2 new ways you can get a good view of controlling beams.

I was thinking of a different way to aim a beam and thought of the Redeemer in 'Unreal Tournament'. how that works is when u fire the rocket, the camera goes in the rocket and u steer it with the mouse. i was thinking this could be used for 1st person maybe?

How it would work is when you fire a beam, or controllable attack, you can go in "beam camera" and control your beam like that, so if you want to turn the beam around u can actually see where its going

My other idea is when you fire, the beams 'head' becomes the center attantion of the camera. How this would works is the camera wouldnt go out with the head, but would stay with your char how its is now, only when u turn the beam the camera would stay fiixed(kinda locked on) the beam head. so u can see where its going at ALL times.

If you would want a better explination i will retype it better.

So what do you guys/girls think?

Best answers
Having it go by beamhead would be a bit of a detraction, as you'd not know when there's someone about to smack you and you should detonate. However, having the camera angle be a line between your character and the beam head would be quite interesting and could help control significantly.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is an interesting idea, It would make hitting people with beams really easy though. Thats why the redeemer was always hidden and had only one rocket. I think if this was used, beam spamming would hit an all time high.

I'm not quite sure I understand the second one. Do you mean that if you rotate the mouse the player model rotates with you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
This is an interesting idea, It would make hitting people with beams really easy though. Thats why the redeemer was always hidden and had only one rocket. I think if this was used, beam spamming would hit an all time high.

I'm not quite sure I understand the second one. Do you mean that if you rotate the mouse the player model rotates with you?
for one theres a big draw back to beam camera. you woudlnt tell if your guy was gonna get attacked.

and the 2nd idea. What i mean is when you fire, you know hwen u move the mouse the camra goes around your guy. well it will still do that, but heep the head of the beam in center at all time, when you move the mose left, the beam will move that way, and the camrea will rotate slowly around but keeping the beam head in the center of your screen. so when u turn it all the way around i can actually see where its going, instead of looking behind you blindly.

Best answers
I like idea 2 thats a new slant on beams but... the way it is will do as this isn't a major issue with ESF... Its not that I don't like the idea I just don't see it being that important.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how wouldnt it not be that important? i find wanting to see where im aiming at all times pretty important. you shouldnt be having to control something blindly really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom