Beam attacks

Best answers
Beams are great and all... just one small problem with them...

In the show, guys can shoot a k-wave at people like 10 feet away and not die... because the wave doesn't blow up in their face.

Maybe have beam attacks go through people instead Push them back? (which would make generic beam awesome against melee) Maybe make the beams a little wider? And only expode if you want them to?

Just my two cents....

Best answers
YAAAAY!! everybody disco dancing, goot time for all!
Im having very good time!
good ideas there about the beams. i never thought of that, but it makes sense. i dont know how it would be implemented though.

Best answers
I was thinking the same thing, it isn't like that at all in the show!

I think a possible reason why they implemented this was to boost melee, but i don't see why this is necessary.
Let me compare beams to discs here: lesser players get totally raped by my discs, but if my oponent is good at dodging them (with teleport) they become useless to me. I don't see why beams can't be given the same sort of anti-melee capacities. This would make close combat a lot more diverse!

Another possible reason might be the following:
As you can't destroy the map, they had 2 options: letting the beam just "end" when it hits the map, or let it explode. They chose the latter, so maybe they felt they had to let it react the same way when hitting a player.

As for the beam detonation:
I don't think it was used (much) in the show, but I'm not sure. They probabely thought it was necessairy for the gameplay, as "moving" (away from the beam) is a skill every player has. On the other hand beams will be used more in close combat if they remove the explosion on impact, rather than shooting at each other from great distances (sadly that happens way to much now). This would make the fighting more intense I believe. And besides, when you've got a high PL the explosions (when hitting the map) are large enough to kill people anyway.

PS: I mostly play on servers that have reduced the swoop speed to normal speed, because they have by far the best ping for me. This might affect my vision on the game.

Best answers
WTF!! I come up with the almost exact same idea BEFORE the beta come out everyone is like NAH BAD IDEA!! Grrrr well at least peeps are licening now. This idea has my support.

Best answers
I think the beams are fine as they are now... It'd be hard to do this but it would be cool. For example if you shoot a beam at someone and the get knocked to the ground it should put like a hole there. It probably couldn't even be done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams are rarely used in the middle of melee in DBZ... such they shouldnt be used here. It's true that if goku fired a kamehameha at someone right in front of him, if the guy didnt decintigrate, he'd fly backwards, being carried by the beam, until he hit something like an obstacle (rather than the beam just exploding) But I dunno if they can actually put that into the mod.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Things are the way they are for the sake of gameplay. If all attacks pushed or soemthing like that, you'd get melee'd before ya had a chane to kill them. And if you couldn't be hurt by your own blast, ppl would be firing a lot of thigns at point blank without regard. That would affect game play badly. An example, blowing up a fully charged FF as someone swoops in up close. That'd negate a lot of melee while someone's charging a big attack. If they wanna blow the melee attack up, they gotta hit themselves too.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Ya one thing I wanna say is what is the point of ssj goku being able to teleport while charging a k-wave because i like to teleport at the suckers and shoot it but I end up dying. It was cool when he did it to cell and blew him in half....

Best answers
hmm well would it be possible to put a stipulation where if playerA was ____feet away from playerB and PlayerB had ____ lower pl then PlayerA the beam would just disintigrate PlayerB???
I dunno, that might be kinda hard to code in, But itd definetly be cool. Beams were used alot in close quarters battles in dbz, theyd knock the person around then just use a generic beam on them (Granted id rarely see then use a Kamehameha up close like that but they did use the generic beams alot)

Best answers
you can always make a secondary for the normal beam that can be used by ssj only (if you want) that when the beam is fully charged instead of secondary holding it, it zaps like 2.5-3x the normal usage of the attack cost and it cant be turned and it cant be detonated but it it hit a person at so and so close range it goes right thru them and causes a 1 hit kill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Feh, that would really kind of mess up the melee.

And the point of teleport? I dunno, maybe you and this other guy KNOW you're going to get into a PS with each other, but instead of firing your kamehameha to meet his, you teleport out of the way, he misses, you shoot yours, and it kills him. Or something. Or maybe someone's about to melee you while your charging the kamehameha. Teleport out of the way before he hits you, then a few times more to get distance, then blast him.

Best answers
its not a bad idea, actually its a great idea. i get tired of shooting bemas at people and the only way they die is if it blows up and the explosion kills them. you rarely see anyone die from an explosion on the show, the beams are always going through them or disintergrating them not blowing up on them.

it'd also be pretty cool to see someone disintergrate infront of you :)

Best answers
Originally posted by DerEnman
And only expode if you want them to?

you can do that when you launch you can press right click so it explodes and if you and to hold ya beam charge it up then hold right click until you wanna launch :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom