Beam attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi,
I know this has been suggested over time, but since i can only search once every xx seconds i couldnt find any threads about it and couldnt find my answer.

what i would like to know is, if the team is changing the splash damage that beams have.

its to fricking irritating that you are either killed/severely damaged by releasing your own beam.

i´m not talking about facing a wall and getting damage. but when people are swooping at you and you are hitting them straight in their face, it shouldnt hurt you.

i think that either the beam will push his dead body into the end of the map/ground/ceiling/rock w/e or it would desintegrate him. i´m not suggesting that we have particles and stuff, just a slower fading after image is good enough for that mather.

so basicly the suggestion is to remove the splash damage when its hits an player.

this also makes you able to replay the goku vs cell warp kamehameha scene without you dieing in the process :smile:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if thats possible with the current beam system. Basically when it hits anything it explodes with the splash damage killing everyone. To make it as you say would mean to completely change the beam system and that will involve alot of work. However I did read somewhere that they ARE changing the beam system to something totally new, so maybe your suggestion is going to be used.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe every thing 180 degs behind gets hurt with the splash but the 180 in front is untouched?

Best answers
i dissagree , when u charge a beam there should be splash damage even if he is swooping towards u , its the price of energy attacks , it would be extremly queer if spalsh damage wouldnt effect u , u could stand on the ground charging a kame and if somebody comes near u , u shoot the ground and he dies and u dont

Best answers
Technically, thats the way it should be. The pic KingVegeta provided us explains the way beams work in DBZ.
But, as you said, it might (will be) be abused.
I would suggest the exploding angle be reduced to like 90 degrees, so the beam will have less splash damage, thus the attacker getting only one frag (the one he is attacking/the one thats attacking him) and not every unlucky chap that happens to be within 10 kilometers from the guy the player is targeting.
Maybe the ideal is that in the 90 degree damage cone damage is amplifyed, whilst outside that there is still damage but greatly reduced (lets say 10 hp damage inside, 2 outside), but i dont know if this is possible with the hl engine.
Anyway, i love this idea :) 10/5 :D

Obviously, projectile attacks (deathball, BB e.c.t.) arent afected from this ;) .

Best answers
I agree with you to a certain point...
i think that either the beam will push his dead body into the end of the map/ground/ceiling/rock w/e or it would desintegrate him. i´m not suggesting that we have particles and stuff, just a slower fading after image is good enough for that mather.
However I must admitt that it also as its disadvantages
i dissagree , when u charge a beam there should be splash damage even if he is swooping towards u , its the price of energy attacks , it would be extremly queer if spalsh damage wouldnt effect u , u could stand on the ground charging a kame and if somebody comes near u , u shoot the ground and he dies and u dont

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about a combination. It pushed the person back so that any civilian caught in the crossfire has a chance to escape/run away. When the person hits a wall or rock or something then it detonates in the 180 degree thing. This will minimise bystander casualties, and will of course be more realistic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you had read my suggestion you would have noticed something saying that it wont work on ANY other things it makes contact with, so standing on the ground and shooting it WILL kill you.

i only say, and i thought i clearly said it;

so basicly the suggestion is to remove the splash damage when its hits an player.
but maybe thats not clear enough.
using kingvegeta´s image

this will happen when the beam head makes contact with the enemy. not with ground/ceiling/tree´s/rock´s/wall´s/pillars/skyscrapers or anything else on esf_city.

hopes this makes it clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom