Banning Scripters?

Best answers
I never said u couldn't. However the way u put it is that every1 executes the script that way, which is wrong. To make it more obvious I will quote config.cfg:
// Add custom configurations to the file "userconfig.cfg".
The fact is no1 in his right mind would waste his/her time to start the script YOUR way. Every1 knows there is a better way to dealing with it because they DO read. U should try it sometimes...

Edit:
exec userconfig.cfg
last line in config.cfg

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Fire, how about you stop scripting. It just shows how lame you really are, and I mean it. As I said above (in other replies) it just shows you can't play without any scripts. The only fact I starting to hate scripters is because the unfair advantage. No matter if you have to get used to it allot in the beginning or it doesn't work great until you mastered it, still unfair advantage. Everyone knows my thoughts on this one.

I honestly don't care for the "no" answers I get, I don't care the full description of the word "Scripting", I don't care at all. You all know my answer, you all know what I think of it. And if you see the poll, many people agree with me. It is a fact. I don't like people ruining everyone's game play just because you have to script. Do it in a lan play, or offline. But not online.
How about you get your head out of your ass before I decide to report your post to a moderator. I was being sarcastic. For your information [insert highly insultive adjective here], I don't even PLAY esf anymore. Nor have I ever scripted. Yeah I figured it was pretty obvious from my the way i worded the post that i was JOKING. No but of course; I'll just be a hypocrite call scripters retards and then do it myself. Because I'm 'lame' like that apparently.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire, i highly doubt you reporting my post to a moderator would do you any good. Due the reason i have done nothing wrong at all. Besides that point, how should i know if you do or don't play Earth Special Forces anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last night I fighted against a guy from mine clan just for fun.

Fire duel I lost 10-2, and that was the duel I was using swoop scripts ( it was mine first and last time for sure ). Next duel I lost 10-6 , when I wasn't using swoop scripts. Swoop scripts are NOT unfair advantage. They give you lack of control over your charachter, and for that they give you no jam. So when it doesn't want to swoop forward when not using scripts, swoop other direction or teleport ffs.
And ban scripters on HL2files if you so want it.

Or if you already GET your script detector, you can freely ask me or some other coder to make a "jam" addition to it that it blocks players swoop or any other action he was doing in order, just like script never ran.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Fire, i highly doubt you reporting my post to a moderator would do you any good. Due the reason i have done nothing wrong at all. Besides that point, how should i know if you do or don't play Earth Special Forces anymore.
Other than the fact that flaming is against the AUP.

And I said I don't play. Duh. Even if I did it doesn't affect you- I'm American.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you all chill out before I end your discussion here and now. You should be discussing this without resorting to disrespect, which a few of you have already done. I'm going to avoid handing out any warnings for breaking regulation #1 in the AUP for now, but if I return to this thread and see the same crap going on, I'm not pulling any punches.

...and that goes for everyone, including Sky and FP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not the scripts that bother me, but the scripters themselves. If they are generally polite and can do the exact same thing without scripts as they can with them, then I have no problem. If they act high and mighty, but without the script(s) completely bomb, then they get no respect from me.

nge

Best answers
Thank you Smith.

Scripts, when used properly, aid a player in terms of customization as a means of comfort. If a player plays the same way with no noticable difference without them, it shows they use them as a means of comfort more than anything else.

Those that use scripts as a means of skill improvement rather than balance will find themselves unable to improve quickly, and at a disadvantage when trying to understand the game. Scripts != skill, but they can compliment it nicely while offering no real advantage aside repeating mudane tasks. In a mod such as ESF, nothing is done repetitively, so using a script for primary playing purposes will result in a major loss of control.

Other mods, however, have their reasons. Namely, the +3jumps in NS. A player can usually bhop with the mousewheel if they can do it with the +3jumps, and in a few cases (myself being one of them) can even achieve this at a fairly consistant rate should their FPS remain constant with spacebar alone. It is a skill in terms of movement, but the timeing is mudane. It's boring and repetitive, and not really something someone looks for when looking at a proper bhop. It's something that's expected- beyond that is where the skill comes in.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Thanks Smith & Nge, it seems more people are against scripters, then for scripters. There might be some good reasons for "scripters / scripting". But it seems that there are even better reasons against the scripters. Heh, kind of funny. They are losing.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Thanks Smith & Nge, it seems more people are against scripters, then for scripters. There might be some good reasons for "scripters / scripting". But it seems that there are even better reasons against the scripters. Heh, kind of funny. They are losing.
Ummm does anyone else see this as "Very good points guys, but theres more no votes so HAHA"? Though at the moment theres only 1 more no vote so.....I guess the issue is kind of up in the air with the community atm.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There are 4 "no votes" actually. But my point is that you see more people disagree on such scripters here, then agree.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
There are 4 "no votes" actually. But my point is that you see more people disagree on such scripters here, then agree.
Hmmm I see....you are only counting yes and no votes. In my eyes the "I don't care" votes are pretty much a "who cares if they script, but its your server do whatever"(and thats how I voted)....so 16+4=20 vs 21. And I haven't taken the time to count who is for or against in this thread but it really doesn't say much either way besides who is more vocal...sorry bub if you want to feel justified by this thread it just isn't happening. Its pretty much straight down the center...but hey its your server...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
SomeRandom. What about other people? Some people here disagree, but also agree with me. And the "I don't care" votes doesn't mean right away that they disagree if they would be banned or not, it also means "I don't care IF they get banned yes or no".

Best answers
I havent bothered to read the whole topic but let me say this.

Unless there is a plugin or whatever that can detect scripts you cant ban ANYONE because you cant be 100% sure if they script or not. Some people claim they can see who scripts or not and I say thats BS. I been accused many times of scripts so I should know.

So why do some people hate scripts so much?
I can only think of a few reasons.

1. The game is not meant to be played with scripts!!
2. Scripters get a unfair advantage!!

OK.

1. Since the game allows players to scripts it is meant so.
2. True, scripts DO give "most" people a advantage in speed and therefore they have more skill then without the script. Ill say this before anyone else, I know that scripts dont increase youre swoop FLY speed but it DOES makes you faster to swoop chain and anything else. Some people may think scripts are only comfort and dont increase youre skill thats BS. It probably takes some time before you are adapted playing with scripts but you will improve.

But in the end why whine about something you cant change anyhow?
You can see it in 3 ways in my opinion.

1. OMFg!!1 its teh unfairnesse!!1! you nuby can only win scripts cheaties!!!
ROflCoptEr woot WOOT im going to ban you haxer OMg ahaha!!11

2. You can see it as a challenge they make for you and so you can enjoy the game more. I rather play against a good scripter then ESFn00b.

3. If you cant beat them join them.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Unless there is a plugin or whatever that can detect scripts you cant ban ANYONE because you cant be 100% sure if they script or not. Some people claim they can see who scripts or not and I say thats BS. I been accused many times of scripts so I should know.
I'm not going to ban anyone just because i "think" they are scripting. That would be cruel of me :p. And thank u Omni, i'm suprised you partly agree with me.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I'm not going to ban anyone just because i "think" they are scripting. That would be cruel of me :p. And thank u Omni, i'm suprised you partly agree with me.
I'm just stating the obvious. If that means being on youre "side" so be it.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
SomeRandom. What about other people? Some people here disagree, but also agree with me. And the "I don't care" votes doesn't mean right away that they disagree if they would be banned or not, it also means "I don't care IF they get banned yes or no".
Some people disagree and agree with you? huh?

And did I say they meant they disagree with the banning? No I said the I don't cares generally mean who cares if they script and who cares if you ban it on your server. They sure aren't saying "yes ban them all!" heck some of the people who don't care if others script are nonscripters so the "no I love to script" doesn't even fit them.

See the thing your missing is not all scripters are diehard "I'm going to script and theres nothing you can do about it! hahaha!"...I script sometimes when I don't feel like hitting a bunch of buttons rapidly(when I actually do play this mod). Its about comfort I'm not as young as I used to be....When I was 16 sure I'd hit a million keys a second no problem, but those days are long gone. Do I have a problem playing without the script? No not at all and if I ran across a server that said no scripting I'd probably just observe or go into my bindings(since I have my script bindings in there) and change back to default.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Thank you Smith.

Scripts, when used properly, aid a player in terms of customization as a means of comfort. If a player plays the same way with no noticable difference without them, it shows they use them as a means of comfort more than anything else.

Those that use scripts as a means of skill improvement rather than balance will find themselves unable to improve quickly, and at a disadvantage when trying to understand the game. Scripts != skill, but they can compliment it nicely while offering no real advantage aside repeating mudane tasks. In a mod such as ESF, nothing is done repetitively, so using a script for primary playing purposes will result in a major loss of control.

Other mods, however, have their reasons. Namely, the +3jumps in NS. A player can usually bhop with the mousewheel if they can do it with the +3jumps, and in a few cases (myself being one of them) can even achieve this at a fairly consistant rate should their FPS remain constant with spacebar alone. It is a skill in terms of movement, but the timeing is mudane. It's boring and repetitive, and not really something someone looks for when looking at a proper bhop. It's something that's expected- beyond that is where the skill comes in.

Although imagine someone uses the swoop script for one button swooping. If they get too used to it, and then stop using the script, there goes a good chunk of their skill. If you think about it, they'd forget to double tap instead. Thus losing a great deal of time to move/avoid an attack. I'm pretty sure they'd still be good no doubt. But not as good as they would be with the script.

I honestly don't see why anyone really cares. There's more than one server, and if there isn't, one could always make their own. If you absolutely know (which i doubt you do unless they told you) and it annoys you to the point where you just can't take it anymore, then just move to another server, or make your own. It's just that simple.

Best answers
hey im not the best player in the world but i never script. im a fairly good player if i do say so myself. ppl say that i use them but i dont. i also think that useing them is a form of cheating.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If they get too used to it, and then stop using the script, there goes a good chunk of their skill. If you think about it, they'd forget to double tap instead. Thus losing a great deal of time to move/avoid an attack. I'm pretty sure they'd still be good no doubt. But not as good as they would be with the script.
True that, but that would be their own fault. Wouldn't it? They did then used the script(s) in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom