Banning Scripters?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sephize, the console is a way to open those files, duh.

Best answers
U clearly have no idea what ur talking about. Could u please stop embarassing urself?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Only n00bs open scripts via console ffs.

Autoexec files are used for scripts >_>

thumbs down for this "idea"

Best answers
Well i voted for #1 , scripters sux arse.. and besides, they doesnt work that well, i've tryed, that 1 button swoop is pretty stupid because, even when u press 1 time W to swoop, it to start still takes the same time as u would press it 2 times :x so there aint really any point in it, and then u can kiblob some1 and at the same time fly upwards coz it throws u to swoop :x i tryed tehh script once, and deleted it instantly

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone knows Fire Phoenix scripts! So I vote option 2. I script all the time, it's how I beat SS everyday. Seriously folks. Come on, any pro can beat the hell out of a scripter and they know it. Think of it this way: With out those scripts, pro's wouldn't have a challenge against anyone other than other pros (which can get boring after a while).

So you see? It's not that bad. I'd rather be the underdog. Because then I get to kick their ass and laugh at them knowing i don't need anything to beat them, while they need a handicap.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire, how about you stop scripting. It just shows how lame you really are, and I mean it. As I said above (in other replies) it just shows you can't play without any scripts. The only fact I starting to hate scripters is because the unfair advantage. No matter if you have to get used to it allot in the beginning or it doesn't work great until you mastered it, still unfair advantage. Everyone knows my thoughts on this one.

I honestly don't care for the "no" answers I get, I don't care the full description of the word "Scripting", I don't care at all. You all know my answer, you all know what I think of it. And if you see the poll, many people agree with me. It is a fact. I don't like people ruining everyone's game play just because you have to script. Do it in a lan play, or offline. But not online.

Best answers
Makes u wonder about those people hahahaha

btw, killer statement fire phoenix :D

Ontopic:
With scripts anybody can be a challenge :D

Best answers
Oh for the love of Peter Griffin, sky. You obviously have a problem with scripters here, fine, your oppinion, your choice but don't attack people with stuff like 'you're lame', 'you can't play without scripts' and what not. Chances are you don't even know these people that actually admit they script. Also, don't make a poll if you don't care about what people are gonna say in the first place, it's a waste of space, effort and time.

If you're so full of hatred for scripters, get your own server and ban everyone who you suspect is using a script. Alot of people I know in europe currently use at least one script, myself being one of them. It's what keeps ESF somewhat alive and interesting. Players who had a little trouble keeping up are actually a nice challenge now, adding yet another player to our little circle to have fun with. New moves, strategies, tactics, whatever have been thought up to play with that were (almost) impossible to pull off before.

You probably got my point, ESF would've been a hell of a lot more dead here if it weren't for a few scripts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Carnage, perhaps you have forgotten that the HL2files.com game server is my server. Besides that point, how on earth would you script in v1.3? You are impossible to do that. You are saying like 2/3 left, like ESF is a cheating community. And besides that point, i haven't banned anyone yet since i'm still thinking about it.

Best answers
Why involve 1.3 with this, it's not even close to being finished. Even if we couldn't script, who said we were planning to in the first place. The only script I use and ever will use is a swoop script because double tapping for a forward swoop flatout sucks.

More to the point
I honestly don't care for the "no" answers I get, I don't care the full description of the word "Scripting", I don't care at all. You all know my answer, you all know what I think of it. And if you see the poll, many people agree with me. It is a fact. I don't like people ruining everyone's game play just because you have to script. Do it in a lan play, or offline. But not online.
It's pretty obvious to me you've made up your mind and I'm getting the impression that you're doing this just to get as much support as you can to back you up if you ban someone from your server. I'm not saying that's the way it is, but I'm getting that impression. However, if you're going to flame every scripter and damn them all to hell for using scripts, don't say things like 'I haven't banned anyone because I'm still thinking about it' because you're not. It's your server, either actually care about what people say or don't care at all. Being indecisive is just going to get alot of people confused.

And by people I know, I mean people I know, not random people that I happen to meet in a public server. And it just happens to be so that the people I know are usually above average in skill hence making them important to the euro ESF community. These people are most likely to use scripts if they don't already, unlike the bigger part of the community that just started ESF or aren't being noticed by anyone. That doesn't mean ALL of them script or even most of them for that matter. I can't tell who is scripting and who is not and I don't really give a rat's bottom either. The people I usually hang out with have admitted to use at least one script now or in the past and those are the people I'm talking about.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Look, I'm still doubting if I should ban the scripters or not. I'd rather detect them and warm then from using scripts on my server, but at the moment that is impossible. I still haven't took action against anything, and I'm not sure if I will or not.. Don't think I will though.

Best answers
Good, you made your point, now stick with it. You asked people about their oppinions, so don't throw your own views into the heat all of a sudden and expect them to agree. Arguments are fine, but don't attack people who show their views on scripting.

Glad that's over >.>

Best answers
Okay time for me to post here as I just got back to esf!

Thing is: Esf has very very choppy gameplay. The controls suck, alot of times you get jammed etc. So that's why I use a forward swoop script. If the game lacks precission, then why not make it better?

I voted that I don't care.

There was a time, like 2-3 months before I quit esf for a half year. Back then I didn't script. I was still able to keep up with most people. But I got tired of all the jams etc. So I decided to start using the forward swoop script. It doesn't really speed me up, it just makes me able to not fail when attacking.

If the game wasn't that screwed up it wasnt nescesarry to script.

If you don't like scripters, fine with me. I don't care.

And yes I agree that more players that I didn't even count as a challenge, or worth playing (yes it sounds a bit arrogant, but in esf there are huge skill gaps) started using scripts and can actually pose something worth playing with now. WHich actually makes the community bigger. Before we had like 10-15 european players worth fighting. Now the numbers are doubled at least. Which means the average skill leve in ESF has raised, which makes the game alot more fun!

So keep the scripts. If you are against scripting, just script yourself.

ANother thing is: The thing that made swoop script very good and worth whining about was when Blocklaming was trend. It isnt anymore (thank god or i wouldnt play today). Cuz with blocklame you could instantly go adv. melee and throw. So that was the part where u could see the difference. Pressing 1 time vs 2 times in such close situations. But hell for swooping against enemy which some people see as the most important thing in esf, is not a big difference with a swoop script. It's not like i swoop faster or anything. I even showed some random newbies who whined the difference of me with and without script. They couldnt see it. "hmm your speed isnt faster?" No cuz the char's speed is still limited. So just stop whining/moaning/crying like small babies and wait for 1.3 to save you. Then we wont script, but we will beat you anyways. And then you will just whine for something else. At least it wont be the scripting then. gg.

I am sorry for sounding hostile, but I'm just tired of all the whining from people who lose battles. They would also lose against none scripters anyways.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Fire, how about you stop scripting. It just shows how lame you really are, and I mean it.
Eh...I get the distinct impression that Fire was being sarcastic.

Anyway, why not get 2 people of similar skill and make them fight each other.One person will use scripts and the other won't. We can decide how much of a problem scripts truly are based on who wins.

Best answers
I'm afraid it's not that easy, you need to consider playing styles etc as well, but it's a start.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It actually is that easy. Get 2 very similar players and have them duke it out. Considering most of the community fights the same way, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Best answers
Sephize said:
U clearly have no idea what ur talking about. Could u please stop embarassing urself?
Actually, you can run scripts from the console. If you put your script to, let's say, script1.cfg, you just start up the game and your script won't be running. Then you can go into your console and type "exec script1.cfg" and it will run the script. Without the quotation marks, of course.

Best answers
Hamppu- Well its a very basic script of course it makes things more complicated when you replace your forward button lol.

g0jack- I believe the point was it is very very uncommon to use that method.

Skyrider- So so hostile about it and yet claim you have no knowledge at all about scripts. I'm sorry but I can not respect an opinion that is not based on knowledge. It appears as though you have simply piggy backed on the communities "I hate scripts" vibe....How can you seriously claim to hate something when you have no idea what it is and does? What do you wait till you get beat and mutter to yourself "damn scripters" and think this will fix it? Sorry this is the vibe I'm getting from you....Look I said I was done with this conversation, but your recent comments kind of pushed a button. If you would like to have a discussion about this issue PM me...Because I'm still convinced nothing is going to happen on the boards...

Best answers
g0jack said:
Actually, you can run scripts from the console. If you put your script to, let's say, script1.cfg, you just start up the game and your script won't be running. Then you can go into your console and type "exec script1.cfg" and it will run the script. Without the quotation marks, of course.
The point is that any1 who scripts doesn't. It's a waste of precious playing time.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Look, i know the script knowlegde well enough, thank you very much. Yet i know that scripting has been added in the game/engine itself, its how you use it that would make it cheating like. I won't banning people that would script, but that doesn't mean that i will get a script detector. Perhaps not now, but in time i would get one. If i will, i can assure you that scripting will be against the rules. So you know for a head start. And sephize, it seems you were wrong. I know you can execute *.cfg files from the console, do don't say i am wrong on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom