Ball vs Beam Idea

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yea reminds me of the spirit bomb in world's strongest ;p.

In 1.3, big beams will absorb weaker attacks. With your idea, the stronger Ball is absorbing the weaker beam in a way, but its really driving through it. Looks good.

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I think that when you fire a energy ball at a beam, and the ball is stronger then the beam, it should start to split the beam like in the show.

yea it would be really cool but it would be a very difficult thing to do... just imagine all the programming needed to accomplish something as complex as that...
someone may come to the conclusion that its purely an animation triggered by the ball-beam collition, but then what happens to the beam when it splits in two? both ends f the beam will end up in different parts of the map... both ends must be programmed to inflict damage if it comes in contact with somebody while at the same time it wildly spins off into different directions (maybe I have too strong an imagination ;P)
sounds hard ;D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
StealthSudakabut said:
then what happens to the beam when it splits in two? both ends f the beam will end up in different parts of the map... both ends must be programmed to inflict damage if it comes in contact with somebody ..
Nah, lets say the split only goes so far out and disappears in the air, just a little bit farther out then the beam's actual size. Kind of like what you see in the pic, maybe a little more if any.

edit -
KidBoy17 said:
I'm not saying split it in half. If you've seen the show and this type of situation, the beam's end starts to fray up and not even resemble a beam head anymore. It becomes loose energy as the ball is forcing its way down the beam. Basically the beam is getting destroyed as the ball continues to move.
what he said ;p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying split it in half. If you've seen the show and this type of situation, the beam's end starts to fray up and not even resemble a beam head anymore. It becomes loose energy as the ball is forcing its way down the beam. Basically the beam is getting destroyed as the ball continues to move.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess it could be possible to implament such a thing seeing as how the ps system is changing in 1.3, however some gameplay elements of balance should be added and if the player that is stuggling with a powerful ball attack such as spirit bomb or death ball should be able to beat it if something can be done to prevent your idea from happening, and if they lose out on the prevention to do so, your idea thn takes place after that moment they lose.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, maybe it could be possible with a sprite simular to vegeta's Galit Gun charge sprite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom