Auto melee nice @ 1 side but...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure where you got it from either. I never said anything about it flopping or not finishing. I was trying to say "by telling us what you think is wrong with features that have not been explained, you are only critiquing your own imagination, and not the reality, as no one but the team knows how those features in question actually work." And when people start saying (for example), "The punches look automated, which means I wont have to do anything. I wont have to do anything, therefore it'll be boring. It'll be boring, therefore I'll start using beams more often. If everyone starts using beams this mod will suck. Therefore, the punches look automated, so the mod will suck." (Slippery Slope fallacy) People make one assumption about stuff they don't understand, and then they tell us what is wrong with that assumption. They then, in turn, tell us how to correct that assumption. Are they effecting the outcome of the mod? No. They're just spamming their own ideas.

The team WILL release more information BEFORE 1.2 is released. Just because you feel like spamming doesn't mean you should go around telling people how things are going to be when you have no idea. Posting today about personal issues you have with stuff you don't understand that the team will explain to you tomorrow doesn't solve anything, it just makes a bunch of people ask you to stop complaining about nothing.

That's what I meant.

Best answers
Personally, I think the ESF team has come up with an idea that is once again innovative. Just when you think it's boring, and ESF is set, it's not. Personally, I'd like to see a merging of the new and old system, since both are accurate to different parts of the show, and both look to be fun to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probelm #1 - People are judging b1.2 as if they have played it already. You can judge it by what you see, but you can't really say anything until you play.

Pain has his opinion on melee, we must all respect it. But Pain, you should listen to the people that actually have played b1.2, (Testers) I mean, they know first hand how the game is. You have your opinion, but they have the facts.

Best answers
1st of all your overeacting on what i said with automation, i ment the first couple of blows the person gives are auto.

(btw When you fire a kamehameha, should you have to press a complex series of buttons to make sure that each of Goku's fingers are in the right place to fire the kamehameha ahead of him, or would you rather just aim the beam after it launches out of his hands?=> go to a doctor if you really think this was my intention ur out of your mind.+ swooping is automated DUH im talking about MELEE not swooping, YEAH swooping is aqquired for melee but still has nothing to do about what im speaking of. )

To my second point i was talking about melee, not beam firing ,jumping, swooping etc etc, so where YOU got that from, is again from the thing betwean your ears.

And what i alrdy said above, melee should not be auto, meaning the first couple of punches should not be auto.

Example, i swoop @ you, the fighting starts i auto hitted u 6-12 times (donno the exact amount)

NOW the boredom begins, instead of flying away you are nearly FORCED to do that combo, taking alot of time which you maybe didnt even want to do, you nearly have no freedom at all with the new melee system (so far) , second of all, the charging is utter bs, if you watch the series they instantly do a combo, they dont charge 5 seconds to get one, again this takes time.

Another point with the melee is then, it wont be fast anymore, it will be so slow cuz of all that charging, that there prob goin to be lots and lots more beam whores saving time to get more pl.

+ I like how the melee is now, yeah ofcourse add combos melee struggles and throws , thats pretty neat, but taking my freedom away to swoop and hit the ****er then go away, no way.

p.s Mystix ur right cept that some of the testers can say its awesome to their opninion and then u can find that it sucks arse, so testers are only good for removal of bugs in my opinion :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Vegeta said:
NOW the boredom begins, instead of flying away you are nearly FORCED to do that combo, taking alot of time which you maybe didnt even want to do, you nearly have no freedom at all with the new melee system (so far) , second of all, the charging is utter bs, if you watch the series they instantly do a combo, they dont charge 5 seconds to get one, again this takes time.

Another point with the melee is then, it wont be fast anymore, it will be so slow cuz of all that charging, that there prob goin to be lots and lots more beam whores saving time to get more pl.

+ I like how the melee is now, yeah ofcourse add combos melee struggles and throws , thats pretty neat, but taking my freedom away to swoop and hit the ****er then go away, no way.
1.) You're totally misinformed or you haven't done any reading. You aren't required to do any melee combos. You can simply throw your opponent or fly awayk, cancling the combo mode.
2.) You complain about melee being automated and YET you complain about having to manually perform a combo because they don't on the show.
3.) Melee isn't slow unless you want it to be. Heard of Cvars? Besides, it isn't all about pulling PL out of your opponent. If all you want to do is auto hit people and then fly away you are free to do so. You can auto hit them and then throw them into the ground if you want. You don't have to do a damn thing. And no, melee wont be all that much slower. If you've ever gone up against a good 1.1 opponent who was somewhere around your playing skill those fights can take forever. It'll be just about as fast in 1.2 . The autopunches total up to almost as much as a 1.1 smash and then, if you're good enough, you can pull off seriously damaging combos or counters on your opponent.
4.) It doesn't take away your option to swoop and fly away, you just didn't do your reading. Just swoop into him, throw him into something, and fly away.

And yeah, swooping being animated is THE SAME as melee being animated. You still have to do it, you're just complaining about the animations. Animations are just animations man, they don't tell you what to do, and they don't play the game for you. Think of it as having a huge ping delay with real time combat. You punch, a couple seconds later you see that punch. That's all it is.

Best answers
ummm hmm quick little question, if theres no more lock on, does that mean nice little box around player dissapears as well?? Cause i mean, if it does, i dunno, ive always found it kinda hard to see people and keep track of them.
Sorry if this has been asked already.

Best answers
@ Sonic
Point 1:
Okay didnt know that 1, but then its still differend, if you want to swoop hit em and he flies away for a couple o miles is not a option, my simpel question is why not have both then, instead of the first punches bein auto you can choose, having the 1.1 style melee or the 1.2 style (example L mouse butten is 1.2 style Right mouse button 1.1 style.) i would still be nice to whack the bugger so u can charge for a couple o sec then after do that auto punch thing (which i STILL do not like) and do a combo with (wasd) instead of charging it.

Ur point 2 is bs, i said they did a combo instantly, i did NOT say that it should be auto, again something u made up somehow.

3rd yeah i still think melee will be slow, or atleast slower then it is now, not cuz of the speed how it all goes on, but of that endless charging all the time, if not for a combo now even for a swoop.

+ Animation are something completely differend what im talking about, animation is what you see i didnt say a THING about animation i again type here right now it was about the 1st couple of punches made, + charging time of a combo. (the auto stuff) animations can be made on anything, not just on auto stuff.

Another point, maybe pulling pl out of ppl is my all, u dont fight another person not thinking hmm need to get my pl up soon so i can go ssj (or 1 of the other trans) to kick his but even more.

And cheeto has a very good point there, if u dont have a good graph card and ur playing on a big ass map, its impossible to c a person thats on the other side of the map or not close to yourself, another thing that should have stayed in 1.2.

And i kidna liked it if a fight took very long, meaning u have found ur match in other words and having a good fight, fights that are over fast arent even worth my time.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this seems silly, the new melee looks slow because your not playing it, think about it, you auto punch and then instantly you try to pull of a combo, it isnt like your waiting around, and at the same time the other person is trying to block, this is also good because lag wont have too much of an effect on melee like it does now, then when your done u see the glory of an actual fight, not a sucker punch that hurls sum1 across the map...... This will, in my opinion, make fights more interesting, what are you actually missing out on? you can still teleport to miss their swoops, you still get to swoop at them, you still get to throw em if you want to and you have pretty similar principles on the fight (swoop, enter confrontation- the only difference is they wont be blocking just 1 attack so they wont be as easy)...

thats how i see it anyway

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said instantly. You said you don't like the charging. If an instant combo without charging isn't automatic than what are you talking about?

And like I said, *nobody* is forcing you to use the "charge up" phase to produce a combo. If you want to hurl them across the screen just throw them. If you want to just swoop away and come back with more auto punches you are free to.

And no, I personally don't fight other people thinking "I need to transform" because I don't find transforming crucial for success in 1.1 unless your opponent has already transformed. That's all subjective anyway though.

And no, animations aren't all that different from what you are talking about. You keep talking about how melee is automated when it isn't. You will not automatically punch, you have to tell your character to during that charge up phase. The only thing that is automatic is the autopunches at the beginning of the fight, which you can stop at any time. The only reason they are automatic is to make it so that you don't have to hold down alternate attack while swooping to hit somebody. It's stupid to swoop into somebody's face and miss because your finger slipped.

Swooping will take about as much charge time as a generic beam, probably less, and will swoop for you for a long while. Still, it's subject to change, and they probably wont use a charge up swooping system in the final version of 1.2 . Also, melee charging is not just sitting around, as we've explained to you. Melee isn't slowing down, you'll be doing more damage in less time in 1.2, you'll just have to make some attacks and block some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom