attacking the afterimage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then this will just be another one of those games where 56kers get screwed over. Kinda like what VALVe did to CS. Im good for a 56ker at the moment and in the future I dont want my skills to be based on luck all because of VALVe and their ****ty ass netcode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a good point dark, 56k'ers would probably have trouble with the timing. at this point, I'm in the middle, It would be cool to have it, but it probably would be harder for the 56kers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkMatter, it wud be no different from the normal teleport afterimage, and no, the battle wud still last just as long. Nretep, half of what u said i didnt even friggin understand, then you posted something which has no relevance. You call yourself a mod....tsskk....:rolleyes: ;D

Best answers
I think this would be cool, just like Goku vs. Cell and it would make getting your ass kicked in a game cool. You come up on a guy, hit him but then his image fades and you get hit in the back.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
It's not like people can't adjust to a different type of strategy, people learn.
But people still complained about block-countering and howing and moaned that it was so cheap, even if they could adjust.

Phatslugga said:
You're not going to fall for the same thing 50 times in a row, all you'd have to do is think before you try slapping someone.
But people would fall for the same thing, 50 times in a row..and then they'd be saying "hw cn he bet me down al time??"
Phatslugga said:
Plus teleporting takes ki, so it's not a free move.
Blocking also took ki.

But I tell you what, if there's no disadvantage (that is, you can move freely WITHOUT ANY amount of time where you are frozen throwing some crappy punch) then it's a good idea. That is, the player has to think they are still there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
But people still complained about block-countering and howing and moaned that it was so cheap, even if they could adjust.
Ok, so we should water down esf because some people don't learn? Don't worry, people still eventually learn, those who give up too quick get frustrated easily and won't stick with any game that's a bit difficult. If everyone made games easy so no one ever got mad, then the gaming community would end up ranging from 8-15 year olds. We shouldn't have to simplify a game becuase some people don't give enough effort to learn how to play.

But people would fall for the same thing, 50 times in a row..and then they'd be saying "hw cn he bet me down al time??"
I'm sorry, but no matter how new someone is to a game, will eventually figure out a strategy agaisnt that. If they can't then maybe they should stick to simpler games like pong.

Blocking also took ki.
Yes, and 80% of the community knows that a simple teleport gets rid of the whole block-whore problem. Just as you could simply teleport after you try and attack the image, just be quick about it. It's possible against a blockwhore and they can attack within the next second, so it wont be harder to teleport away from someones counter attack after they fall for the teleport shadow image.

But I tell you what, if there's no disadvantage (that is, you can move freely WITHOUT ANY amount of time where you are frozen throwing some crappy punch) then it's a good idea. That is, the player has to think they are still there.
It could be like that too, but adding the disadvantage adds a bit more skill into the game.

Best answers
The only reason that people can teleport out of the way from a block whore was because, in 1.1 it WAS watered down. Remember?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can see this idea being abused in a bad way but i can also see how its good eye candy and it could be used as a tech in melee

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
supershenlon said:
Nretep, half of what u said i didnt even friggin understand, then you posted something which has no relevance. You call yourself a mod....tsskk....:rolleyes: ;D
noone else complained about me post ... so it was you ... and you call yourself a forum user ?
PS: list 1 list 2

Majin goketa said:
just like Goku vs. Cell
no ... they used Shadow Image, not teleport after image ... look when Goku fought Tien in Budokai ... both used Shadow Image and said so ... it was exactly like in the fight Goku vs Cell

[r4p3]! said:
i can also see how its good eye candy
the current teleport after image IS eyecandy ... this is the only reason it's made ... the particles looked odd
there's no need to make this abuseable (and everyone would do it) and a lame feature

I disliked what happend in B1.1 ... half players were waiting for the enemy swoops, and started then ... because they had more KI and won the headon ... same would happen to this after image ... and the EVERYONE would abuse it ... wait for the enemy and teleport away

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
and the EVERYONE would abuse it ... wait for the enemy and teleport away
but... people do that now... even in 1.1 and even in 1.0 this happend.... so the excuse that it will be abused is kind of weak....

almost like saying that we shouldnt have beam jumping because someone will charge a beam and wait for you to come at them, then beam jump out of the way and blow u up... sure it might happen but not really used to the degree of abuse.

i dont know about the rest of you but i dodge attacks with a tele either way.... if this is put in im not going to sit and wait for someone to attack me, i will most likely take the offensive. this would be a good addition for keeping players focused on the game. if they are half-assing it they might get pegged because they THOUGHT they hit. theres really no abuseable part of this. in theory yes... but how often do you see people using frieza disc or anything else that could possibly be abused?

besides, with no targeting in b1.2 u might not notice right away that it doesnt have the diamond over its head. if your not paying attention you are left vulnerable... as you should be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
but... people do that now... even in 1.1 and even in 1.0 this happend.... so the excuse that it will be abused is kind of weak....
that's why I don't want to have this in B1.2, too

Pain said:
if they are half-assing it they might get pegged because they THOUGHT they hit. theres really no abuseable part of this. in theory yes... but how often do you see people using frieza disc or anything else that could possibly be abused?
this example was about beams ... if you don't know that it's just an after image, you think you hit it ... there's no need to stun this player and make him vulnerable to the cowardish teleporter ... he's already stunneed by searchin the enemy ...
abuseable part:
wait til someone swoops you --> teleport back --> opponet hits your after image and is stunned for 1 sec --> you swoop and catch him

Pain said:
besides, with no targeting in b1.2 u might not notice right away that it doesnt have the diamond over its head. if your not paying attention you are left vulnerable... as you should be.
that's what I'm talking about ... if you didn't pay attention you can get caught from behind ... but if you're stunned because the enemy teleported away (in last second) and you COULDN'T stop, it's not "not paying attention" ... it's just "I was offensive and the enemy a cowardish lamer"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
screw being stunned.... like i said before there should be no penalty. it should all be player based. and unless they have disabled teleporting in 1.2 (which would negate the whole after image addition) people will still tele away

i agree with you that it would be highly abusable if there was a stun penalty. but if there was no penalty, and only an animation and the players reaction time as a factor it would be properly balanced.

Best answers
Pain said:
i agree with you that it would be highly abusable if there was a stun penalty. but if there was no penalty, and only an animation and the players reaction time as a factor it would be properly balanced.
Now thats a good sugestion! :yes:

Best answers
I'm afraid it's true Nretep, your posts are often difficult to understand. They're not incoherent, just not easy for some people to read.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
majin goketa said:
I think this would be cool, just like Goku vs. Cell and it would make getting your ass kicked in a game cool. You come up on a guy, hit him but then his image fades and you get hit in the back.
This is another good point, you remember the fight of Gokou vs. Perfect Cell?
There came a point where they kept attacking each others After-Image like
10 times and no one was getting anywhere.

Best answers
Bihal said:
I'm afraid it's true Nretep, your posts are often difficult to understand. They're not incoherent, just not easy for some people to read.
Then they should learn to read. But i like Pains ver better there should be no stun then the fights will be more dynamic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the problem here is miscommunication. Nretep is completely correct about it being highly abuseable if there is a stun time. so i opted to get rid of it.... as i did in my second post.... i pretty much said everything that needed to be said in my second post on this topic.... INCLUDING the crack about goku vs perfect cell....... i dont know why ive had to post clarification... i thought it was pretty clear. hell its not even my suggestion.

anyway, im pretty sure everyone here can agree that having it player based would be the best for this idea. if you think you have connected with a hit when you havent you will be vulnerable. as opposed to a person who might perhaps be paying closer attention and will know he didnt hit.

Best answers
i used to be stuck in the middle of this, but now ive egded a little to pains side. i mean, im 13 and even i wouldnt play that stupid. if i thought i had hit someone i would tele away anyway, just in case, quick thinking and fast reflexes are the aim of having an excellent game with on another

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
The only reason that people can teleport out of the way from a block whore was because, in 1.1 it WAS watered down. Remember?
It wasn't watered down, there was an exploit people were taking advantage of. The team just adjusted the game so that the exploit couldn't be used anymore, allthough it does occur rarely. It sounds like you think that it's going to be impossible to recover from the afterimage... like i said, it takes no longer than 1 second from a blocker to retaliate, and you can teleport away in time. Unless somoene counters you in less than a second, you can teleport away from the afterimage too. or even look at your radar and block in the direction you're being attacked in. It's not going to be that hard to recover from it, you could probgbly just swoop away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
but if there was no penalty, and only an animation and the players reaction time as a factor it would be properly balanced.
no ... there's everytimes one
because you don't attack from swoop ... even if you're pressing right button ... your swoop stops and then you hit ... this is enough stun time for the teleporter to attack
what do you think should happen if you wanna get in a struggle and you don't want the B1.1 kick style ???

the current system is exactly what you want, except the animation ... you swoop .. enemy teleports ... you still swoop, because you think the after image is the enemy ... you fly throught the image ... you're confused and vulnerable from anywhere

if you hit/ kick anyone (in reality) there's ALWAYS a stun time ...

Dark Matter said:
This is another good point, you remember the fight of Gokou vs. Perfect Cell?
There came a point where they kept attacking each others After-Image like
10 times and no one was getting anywhere.
do you remember in reading ???
Nretep said:
no ... they used Shadow Image, not teleport after image ... look when Goku fought Tien in Budokai ... both used Shadow Image and said so ... it was exactly like in the fight Goku vs Cell
Shadow Image <> After Image

just keep it the way it is ... a lil eye-candy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom