Assassin's Creed: Unity

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frankly buying any Ubi game on PC is dumb. They're bad at it

The PS4 and I assume XB1 bugs are mostly likely due to them changing platforms for the first time

Alien and Shadow, although I've never played either, were probably developed over a greater period of time.

I choose to look through the bugs for now (They can be patched) and look at the game as a whole. Which is not a bad product

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, How is saying don't buy their PC games because they're shit at making them an excuse?

It's just I learnt my lesson buying Watchdogs for PC and listening to everyone complain about how that's Ubi's standard for a PC release. If a team makes good games but they're always releasing a sub-standard product on one specific platform you avoid that platform

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, How is saying don't buy their PC games because they're shit at making them an excuse?

It's just I learnt my lesson buying Watchdogs for PC and listening to everyone complain about how that's Ubi's standard for a PC release. If a team makes good games but they're always releasing a sub-standard product on one specific platform you avoid that platform
Yeah poor little Million dollar worth Ubisoft. They can't afford people who can properly code their games for the PC, so therefore we must accept the fact that we are idiots for buying their games on the PC. I mean we should know they are incapable and cannot afford to properly develop for that platform. Because hey expecting such a thing from poor little teeny tiny microscopic company called Ubisoft is clearly too much. I mean hell releasing a game that is not broken across all platforms is too much work. So instead we the consumers must be aware that poor, unfortunate, tiny, insignificantly small, microscopic, sub-atomic company Ubisoft cannot possibly live up to those expectations.

Silly customers and their expectations for the products that they want to play on the platform they own to work, when all they have to do is cough up some more dough and invest in another platform, because I'll be ****ed if tiny, microscopic, poor, subatomic, petite, company, Ubisoft cannot develop properly on the other platform they sure as hell can develop well for The PS4.
Silly customers. Just refund your games... if Uplay has that. If not... silly customers. You should know better. Silly customers.

All praise almighty and infallible Ubisoft!

Appropriate I also found this.
https://www.facebook.com/MassLumino...38717.183549041666069/826540017366965/?type=1

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
. . .

If you know a product is going to be faulty why endorse it? Indeed silly customers. Grega talks about boycotting AC:U because of microtrans and bugs. This is the exact same thing.

If you know Company A makes great Washing Machines but their Toasters are complete junk why would you buy their toasters? You wouldn't, you'd either not buy a toaster or you'd buy a toaster from Company B

Also lol at pic

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
. . .

If you know a product is going to be faulty why endorse it? Indeed silly customers. Grega talks about boycotting AC:U because of microtrans and bugs. This is the exact same thing.

If you know Company A makes great Washing Machines but their Toasters are complete junk why would you buy their toasters? You wouldn't, you'd either not buy a toaster or you'd buy a toaster from Company B

Also lol at pic
WHHHHAT? Wahuuuuut? Sorry but respectfully disagree. We are talking about a company that makes games, m'kay? Their job as developers and publishers is to develop a game and if they are targeting all platforms those games have to work for all of them. Again no excuse if they don't. And the fact that you say that we have to accept that as a reality because that is how things are now,is a bad way of thinking. Let's let companies get away with anything they want. They don't have to answer for anything they do and in fact while we're at it let's make sure that in the future stuff like this yyha5zax60xooyr11zx8.jpg should always happen in games and if they don't want to they shouldn't even patch it.

The fact that you are comparing washing machines with toasters doesn't really work especially when it comes to the new generation of consoles which have been made to be more similar to the PC's. You mentioned the PS4 version of unity ran the finest? Well were is Ubisofts excuse now, because correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard the PS4 (irony is large if this is true) is the most similar to PC's. In fact it has been reported on a multitude of times that the new generation of consoles will ensure that developers have an easier time porting those damn games over on PC. But this isn't even the problem of a game being badly ported just for the PC. This is a game, for which they silenced criticism until half a day after it released, that released broken and buggy as hell, which only leads people to speculate that they KNEW exactly what they were shoving out and yet did it anyway.

And you want to know why I'm this harsh? You want to know why I am not excusing any of this behaviour from Ubisoft? It's because I love Ubisoft. That's right I love that company. It had games that have a very special place in my heart and so many of them are really really good. Hey remember when they didn't have problems of this scale on the PC? Like with the, oh I don't know Splinter Cell Games (really like the last one) The Far Cry games (performance problems on 3? Yes, some. To the sheer scale of Unity, not even), the Settlers games, The Prince of Persia games (which I love/hate because they make me mad with anger but I always play them every once in a while), The Brothers in Arms games (which I love, the last one being my favourite Military Shooter, ironically for it's story and the last military shooter I played to completion, because the rest after that not so good especially not in the story department like this one was... I should play SpecOps: The Line), The Driver Games Especially San Francisco (All of my hate for drifts though). Did some of these games have problems on launch on PC? Yes and maybe. Where they small back then, especially compared to the disasters of AC 3 and Unity? Yes and maybe.

But here is where we made a grievous mistake. We let them get away with them. "Aahhh the game has some bugs and glitches for some and doesn't even run on my machine, but I'm sure they will fix it. *a week later* "Ah there we go it's fixed now. Still doesn't run that good, but good job Ubisoft 10/10" No. We were supposed to call them on that. We were supposed to slap them across the face and make them give us goodies for free for that like CD Project did with Witcher 2. Because now we've spoilt them rotten and they think nothing they do no matter how bad, they will get away with. Like that time they got away with overly restrictive DRM... oh wait woops massive backlash against it, restrictive DRM in the newer games? What restrictive DRM? Same DRM as before. The same thing needs to happen here. They know the fact that they are a very high quality company. But now they need to learn how to act like one, because AC Unity and everything that was associated with it, be it, running like shit, being glitchy, flat out broken, nightmare fuel 283721-ACHeader1.jpg and the "Shameful Display!" of denying early criticism have to be severely punished where it hurts the most for them. Their wallets.

Think of it like this. Isn't it a shame for the brilliant story writers they keep hiring and the brilliant artists they use for these games, if for their sake alone, to have their games be so broken and so poorly optimised that only 1 third if not 1 fifth of the player base can enjoy their art without having to suffer through things like those monstrosities there?

No, sorry. Ubisoft deserves no excuses. Their job is to make games and ensure they work. That is it. If they keep doing this, eventually they will become the next Treyarch and Infinity Ward, stuck in a merry-go round of repetitive games that goes on and on and on until eventually it breaks down and falls flat on it's arse with no one to want to repair it because people are sick of that merry-go round.

I mean look at them. They release high quality games an then make them look bad by shooting themselves in the foot. Don't even get me started on their PR disasters.

Here's a video from one of my favourite Youtubers discussing this exact thing:
[video=youtube_share;b5nJSgTxwJw]http://youtu.be/b5nJSgTxwJw?list=UU4_bwov47DseacR1-ttTdOg[/video]

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TLDR maybe later

I think you're missing the point of not buying their PC products. If you don't buy it they lose money. Lost money is the only way a company as big as Ubisoft know there's a problem

That or YEARS of bad reputation (See EA)

Right now Ubisoft are becoming the new EA and we all know how long it took for them to realise they were being ****s and that was probably only because they won worst company of the year twice

Cut their funds, They'll learn quicker that way

Ok read it now

My point above stands. Avoid pre-orders, wait for people who can't wait to buy it and complain about how bad it is and then don't buy it yourself. If you really really want it despite the issues pirate it. Have your fun and deny Ubisoft what they crave and then leave a bad review and make a fuss anyway.

At no point have I said Ubi should get away with what they are doing. No game company should get away with a bad product but they need to be taught a lesson.

And clearly Ubi are bad at listening to feedback and from what I've heard they go as far as to bury negative feedback, seed in their own positive feedback from within the company and presumably pay people to give them a higher critic score.

Obviously my experience with Unity differs to yours, I don't feel as shunned/ripped off as you. I've always played AC on a Playstation, always will. It feels better there for me. I tried AC1 on PC and hated the controls. That being said I can't make the same complaints as you in this instant, I've only had 1 issue (I fell through the map) I haven't even had missing textures like you posted above. Sure the story here isn't the greatest and the game isn't as fun as AC4 but it's still a good game in my eyes

Obviously you've already paid for the game and with digital distribution it's hard to get a refund so you have to go through the method of being loud and pointing out everything wrong. I understand that and it's good that you're trying but it's lost on me and my experience

Also I bet Bethesda could release an Elder Scrolls with the same graphical glitches and we'd all be rolling around on the ground holding our sides yelling "OMGZ YOU SEE THIS GLITCH IN SUMMERSET ISLE, IT'S HILARIOUS" It's because Ubi are becoming the new EA in the eyes of gamers so they need to pick on everything. Sometimes it depends on who made the product.

I will say that having to play co-op, use the app and play initiates (Which doesn't work) to be able to unlock all the items in game annoys the crap out of me, especially the co-op, I paid for a SP game primarily plus being on PS4 (And XB1 would be the same) I have to pay for the online subscription (Which I don't) to be able to access the content. I can deal with the app, The site kinda annoys me but w/e if I really want the stuff locked by it it's accessible still.

As with my analogy before perhaps I should have gone with Washing Machines and Clothes Dryers to satisfy you more

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom