Assassin's Creed: Unity

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I loved ships in AC3, but more so in Black Flag.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
THEY RELEASE TWO GAMES CLOSE TO EACH OTHER??? WTF, this isn't even profitable.. they need to let us have time to finish the game, and save money for the next, and longing and creating hype for the next game, WTF?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how well this is going to play out. It seems like they're going for quantity over quality which is kind of sad.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THEY RELEASE TWO GAMES CLOSE TO EACH OTHER??? WTF, this isn't even profitable.. they need to let us have time to finish the game, and save money for the next, and longing and creating hype for the next game, WTF?
One is on the old set on consoles, and the other on the new. So unless you have both, there's not much you have to worry about.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes but it is too different plotlines, and some players will miss it because they have a different generation of consoles? that is retarded.

AC was always about plot, and if you missed a game or didn't play in the right order you will lose shit. It is like watching star wars 5,6,2,3 and then 1. It doesn't make sense.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. After the first four, its just been different games in the same universe. They are connected but its not like you aren't going to understand nothing. The majority of the games are based on the individual plots of their respective historic era.

Besides, PC seems to be the universal point. PC users shouldn't have much issue if they want to play it all.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Long live indeed, as you would be needing a long, long life to afford all that crazy hardware they print out every few months lol

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't need to get every upgrade to be effective. My 4 year old PC maxes everything I throw at it, even today. And my upgrade would only consist of a Graphic card, maybe a new processor. What you pay extra for a good PC, you make up for in cheaper games and the other gazillion things you can do on it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wasn't being serious. I actually managed to build a PC for something like 300 - 350 bucks and it totally runs every game I ever played lol.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bad. ^_^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So how's the game running?

After installing unofficial AMD GPU drivers (apparently AMD is pushing Radeon HD 5000/6000 series into legacy and their latest beta driver with ACU optimizations doesn't support my HD 6870 OC) I get around 20+ FPS with everything on low, so I'm gonna have a hard time beating the game unless they release an amazing patch.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So how's the game running?

After installing unofficial AMD GPU drivers (apparently AMD is pushing Radeon HD 5000/6000 series into legacy and their latest beta driver with ACU optimizations doesn't support my HD 6870 OC) I get around 20+ FPS with everything on low, so I'm gonna have a hard time beating the game unless they release an amazing patch.
Seriously? I have a HD5770... this is gonna be interesting. I have read that the game is poorly optimized though and the graphics don't really impress me tbh.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're releasing another patch soon

Runs fine on my PS4 :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as ive heard you can not use the ultra settings even on quad SLI titans. Its a buggy unoptimized mess, with shadow, clipping and other such glitches.

They REALLY need to patch it up. Also WTF is that companion app bullshit. "Hey to open this chest you need to download our mobile companion app" >.>

And dont get me started on bloody microtransactions in a single player game with the regular AAA price tag on it.

**** YOU UBI im boycotting this piece of shit. I will not buy nor pirate it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As far as ive heard you can not use the ultra settings even on quad SLI titans. Its a buggy unoptimized mess, with shadow, clipping and other such glitches.

They REALLY need to patch it up. Also WTF is that companion app bullshit. "Hey to open this chest you need to download our mobile companion app" >.>

And dont get me started on bloody microtransactions in a single player game with the regular AAA price tag on it.

**** YOU UBI im boycotting this piece of shit. I will not buy nor pirate it.
Please stop buying AC titles in general. I mean seriously. When did we have the last AC title? A year ago. And now not one but TWO blooming AC games are coming out. There is something I loved about the Assasin's Creed games that had Altair and Ezio. And for me the last enjoyable AC title was the last Ezio AC title. Milked like hell as it was, I have to say his story ending was brilliant. Enough already! For the love of baby bullet ants, unless you make the game take place somewhere really cool like Feudal Japan or any of the early dynasties of China, stop making these games on a yearly basis. One Call of Duty title every year is one Call of duty yearly title too damn many already.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please stop buying AC titles in general. I mean seriously. When did we have the last AC title? A year ago. And now not one but TWO blooming AC games are coming out. There is something I loved about the Assasin's Creed games that had Altair and Ezio. And for me the last enjoyable AC title was the last Ezio AC title. Milked like hell as it was, I have to say his story ending was brilliant. Enough already! For the love of baby bullet ants, unless you make the game take place somewhere really cool like Feudal Japan or any of the early dynasties of China, stop making these games on a yearly basis. One Call of Duty title every year is one Call of duty titles too damn many.
I really loved black flag. I still just go in to the game, set sail and cause as much havoc on the high seas as i possibly can.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really loved black flag. I still just go in to the game, set sail and cause as much havoc on the high seas as i possibly can.
Honetly I liked Black Flag too. I liked Edward. But some of the things you did were, I'll be it fun, but so damn repetitive. Let me just say I had fun spamming harpoons on sea creatures a few times, but after a few times that got dull. I had fun sinking ships by... sigh... spamming the fire cannons button (with cannons that in no way could be reloaded so fast by any crew that contains humans) but then even that got old. And the worst offender was that the main missions were just not... that... interesting. Unless they came on waaaaaaaaaaay later then where I stopped. I mean come on. You have an interesting protagonist again, but give him some more people to work with!

I just could not bring myself to finish the game.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AC4 was great, prob my fav

AC3 was trash

AC2 was also great, it's what made the series

AC1 was meh, had a lot of the new growing pains

Unity is ok, Not the worst in the series, I haven't been prompted with microtrans yet but I know they're there. I've only really come across 1 bug/glitch so far in my time. Obviously PS4 is easier to optimize for than PC since it's a set system.

That being said there's not much new apart from graphics and a new control scheme (which has growing pains) and to Ubi's credit they're working like crazy to patch the performance/graphical issues. I agree it should have been shipped without needing patches but I guess that's what happens when they develop 2 games in 1 year with this one needing a whole new engine.

AC:U doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting but it doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting either

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
AC:U doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting but it doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting either
Oh yes it does deserve all of the hate it's getting especially from the PC side.

How many AC titles have completely screwed that platform? How many AC titles have been released glitchy as hell? I don't know how AC 1 released but this is the fourth freaking screwed release of a game. FOURTH. You know the saying I'll forgive you once, maybe even twice, but three times is one too many? Well four times is just **** you.

I'm sorry but say what you will about let's say Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation, but those games had some of the cleanest releases I've ever seen games do across all platforms. Bugs in those games where really rare or only findable if you really pushed the game (like bugs should be) the fact that these companies push for their games to release in such states is purely unacceptable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom