Army, join in..where..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i always find odd in the usa is drafting

i mean how is it the land of the free if ur forced into going to war...

ur tossed in jail if u dont go now how is that being free :p

Best answers
Hahaha LOL
i didn´t say i were going to join elite forces,
i am going to join LMB, that something like air mobile forces, or paratroopers, and i allready checked myself at a militair checkpoint(a father of a friend of mine is seargent-major and instructor at the korps mariniers( elite,marines) so i am in phisical and mental condition, and im gonna join next jear...
(after LMB i´m in top shape and think gonna join the Korps mariniers.)

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Hehe, the irony... while the grunts are blasting away at all of the roving ground forces, where do you think the elite marksmen are assigned? To go hunt down or simply find and snipe the enemy snipers. Being a sniper is definitely not a safe job... better off being a computer tech.
Nah, well you have a point but its safer for me. I work far better alone or with one person, which is what snipers do. I get confused when my adreniline is pumping while in the middle of a highly crowded city where I could be killing civilians or soldiers. I think sniping is a far more safer occupation that a MG, which is what my friend wants to be. In Vietnam the avergae lifespan of a M60 Machine Gunner in a fire fight was under 3 minutes.

Best answers
you guys are making me less enthused about going into the military with your talks of death and life spans

Best answers
Why cant you just play Battlefield 1942 ffs? Army is boring. Play NS, and rejoice in computerised warfare.

Best answers
yea but it´s just not real.
if you play BF1942 your there but it isn´t like the real thing.
and being in the dutch army is relatively safe, but i´ve heard that 2 weeks back a guy died because hit head was beaten off by the pipe of the cannon from a tank(m4a3)
andduh, the army isn´t great for everyone, there are some people that just dont wanna risk your life for somebody else.
(you get much money, fun, teamwork, longerlifespan-->condition, and if you complete your mt period you can get a royal medal(in NL) so,....Army rulez..
www.luchtmobiel.nl but it´s dutch...soo:fight:

Best answers
ok I'm in the army and I love it. by the way the army needs the airforce and navy as much as the airforce and navy need the army. The marines r some where in the middle

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
U.S.A. and Britain easily have the best army, I will not say one is better then the other. The U.S.A. has really difficult training to get into the high really elite military. I heard that the U.S. Rangers have one of the hardest training excersizes ever, but the British they got soem very well trained soldiers, and have alot of them, which I didn't realieaze till lately. [I don't mean to sound mean about that, I'm just un-educated in the British military, and untill the war on Iraq I never heard much about them, now I see they are about as big as the states and have very well trained soldiers] So ya I'd say that together they are a force to be reckoned with. So w00t to U.S. and Britain.

Best answers
well no offense, but alot of u guys have unrealistic visions of the army and military and such, especially if u want to be a sniper, u r KILLING a man, that means he dies, and odds are, u will die too, and for no damn reason, the only way i would join the military is if the continent was about to be invaded by monsters who want to kill everybody, and since monsters dont exist, i will stick to sports for discipline, commradery, physical trainning, and all that, i mean once u get a buddy or 2 with their face blown off, the idea of killing people for no personal reason will seem like not such a good idea, i know, i think the war with iraq is probly necissary, but people who want to go fight and kill are just, well, not right

Best answers
ur right, if u want to join just to shoot somone and kill ppl u have problems. and the point of playing BF1942 is that it ISINT REAL judging by what ur saying u make the army sound like a computer game. if u know what i mean.

Best answers
I think joinging the army is smart. Think of it, if you are gonna get drafted in a war anywayz, wouldn;t you want to have gone through FULL training so you won't die?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no thats like saying im gonna die eventualy so why not just shoot my self now

Best answers
truely, so many kids have little grip on how much life means and how pointless it is to die young

Best answers
I think joinging the army is smart. Think of it, if you are gonna get drafted in a war anywayz, wouldn;t you want to have gone through FULL training so you won't die?
WTF. if u are drafted u dont get sent to war with no training, they train u up and then u go if u have to. putting ppl with no training in to a war is just plain stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
join the army if u have bad grades in highschool..
join the army if u want to fight for ur country..
join the army cuz u feel that u have nothing better to do..

o_O

Best answers
Fatmanterror you look too much movies.

and dutch Marines work with English Marines(permanently)

got same equipment etc.

Best answers
I've joined the army to serve my country and for the challenge. IF ur drafted its only like 6 weeks of training and they teach u how to shoot and mantain weapons thats all. and thats strait from a Drill Sergant. People do have this misconception about the army to. Those who go for fortune and glory are usaully die. The medal of honor winners are the joes that wern't great snipers or comandos they are ppl who wanted to serve. there r exceptions of course to that. Also it is pointless to die young. I agree but someone has to die for others to live. and thats just my 2 cents

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yikes...this thread is almost 5 months old! O_O

Please, do not resurrect threads that have been sitting for this long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom