Army, join in..where..

Best answers
I am wondering what you guys think of the army,if you want to join if you hate it.

i am gonna join the army, i exercise 3 times a week strength training and condition. first i´m gonna join LMb( lucht mobiele brigade- air mobile forces) and after 4 jears gonna join(if i make it:laff: )Korps mariniers( you can compare it with elite commando´s from the marines...not seals but different...LOL)

share it with me..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know why anyone would want to put themselves through the army. the army are grunts, you should really hink about the airforce. they do the flying and do less of dying. they only real good thing about joining the military is pention after such and such years

Best answers
no, i am gonna do KMA( royal militaire academy) when i am finished and i join the army i begin as an officer(corporal)
and i can´t join airforce because i got 1 lazy eye( 1 eye 100% 1 eye 90%) so i don´t see optimally...but i can join artillery( in english it is tankz and vihecles) so ill join special forces(i am allready tested by smbdy)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I am contemplating about joining the navy or air force, IMO opinion, I think marines are brainwashed (not literally but just using an exaggeratic expression) into thinking they are just the best prima donas out there :S

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I were ever to join the military, I'd join the Marine Corps. The U.S.A Army of course, I have to be canadian, and I don't think I could move to the states and join the Marine Corps, unless its possible, anyone got info about it?

Best answers
If you're gonna go join the war in Iraq, it's a bad idea. If you're not, have fun :)

My dad was in the army for a while.
not that I have anything to tell you about it, except he got shot at a lot in Northern Ireland.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hostile
If you're gonna go join the war in Iraq, it's a bad idea. If you're not, have fun :)
Even if you joined in the military now they wouldn't send you to Iraq. In about a year they would, if the war was still going on.

I wouldn't join the Army...and I didn't. The army screws you in so many ways. The Air Force is the easiest. (<--that's the one i'm going to in a month.) The Marines are uptight and have no sense of humor. Along with the fact that in war time the Marines and Army get sent to war first. The Navy is alright. I'm not sure about the Coast Guard or the National Guard. So that's my opinion.

Best answers
Originally posted by Magus
I am contemplating about joining the navy or air force, IMO opinion, I think marines are brainwashed (not literally but just using an exaggeratic expression) into thinking they are just the best prima donas out there :S
No, thats called pride. People join the the military because they want to. The people who join for money and such usualy go reserve or national guard. If you were to go through an army or marine bct then you would understand where the pride and respect comes from. I know this from experience :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by USJTrunks
I hope you get killed.
I hope that was a joke, because that certainly was unneeded... Do not flame;(

Best answers
Proud about being in the army? And you live in the USA? See, I just dont get that...

Best answers
look, the army in NL is just different, ( www.bbemariniers.net)
the BBE is anti terror org.
and the normal marines are the normal grunts .
but the KORPS MARINIERS (elite squads)
are elite commando´s .
and the KMA is the elite troops of the...land force

yea pride and disipline
teamwork, condition, health....

Best answers
my 4 words about the army i dont wanna die
Thats wat training is for, so u dont die.
and Colgetto i think u have to much to hope for, u dont just go to the army and say "I WANNA JOIN SPEC. OPS" they have to have openings.
And most special forces die during training
E.G: In australia two black hawks carrying SAS crashed and all died. there have been heaps of other incidents to.

Best answers
I dont like working with ppl when its life and death so the army isnt what i want

in the private sector or specail ops where i didnt have to work with ppl all the time

i dont want to be a standard M16 toting grunt i rather earn a name (not easy target >_> or something like that) i rather dont want to run down a street and get my head blown off cause i was just wlaking down the street, when i die ill be seeing exactly who kills me. Yes may be a death wish but its better then growing old and feeble, but i dont really mind pain or the fact ill probly be forgoten after i die, but hey it will be fun and i get a sword!!!!

Best answers
Colgetto what you think you can just walk into Special Forces? LOL, goodluck. I dont think I'm going to join the military primarily because war is useless and secondarily because its not a safe career in my generation because of all the caos there is today.

If I were to join the military I'd do my best to qualifiy expert on the M16A2 range and become a sniper. Not that being a sniper is easy but its pretty damn safe. I'd first join the Marines and then try to join and Force Recon battalion.

Best answers
If I join the army, I'm going to join the 82nd airborne or something. I've always wanted to go skydiving... so I guess that would be the most fun for me. But then again, I don't want to be in the military anyways, but I might have to do it for collage money.

Best answers
I have been in the Army, the British Army.
I was in the House Hold Cavalary (Tank Divison) driving the Warriors

I left because i felt i wanted something better to do, but looking back i wish i stayed in. Once i get my fitness back up to what is was back then, i'm going to reapply to join the RAC (Royal Armoured Core) to drive the challanger's

This is my opinion but i believe the British Army to be far better then the USA Army, yes yes we use Amercian weapons and other equiment but we are better trained. Maybe i'm wrong but thats what i think.

Best answers
I agree with Rene. The British Army, IMO, is better than the American Army. Plus, the British people are alot nicer than Americans.

Side Note: I am an American so flame me all you want cuz I stand by my opinion.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
If I were to join the military I'd do my best to qualifiy expert on the M16A2 range and become a sniper. Not that being a sniper is easy but its pretty damn safe.
Hehe, the irony... while the grunts are blasting away at all of the roving ground forces, where do you think the elite marksmen are assigned? To go hunt down or simply find and snipe the enemy snipers. Being a sniper is definitely not a safe job... better off being a computer tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom