Arm pointing when shooting beams.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you notice in this picture Goku's Arms are pointing straight out as if he was shooting straight, however hes shooting upwards at another beam.

I think that his hands should be pointing in the same direction as the beam, if it's possible to do.

Imo, it just looks stupid if the arms and hands don't follow the beam's direction.

Get what I mean?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well its possible but that would mean more codeing and more animations on the model

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would mean we have to add a new animation for every single angle of every single attack.

Not worth the work or the animation space for that matter.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
In HL1 there was a pretty retarded thing for looking up and down. If you were viewing your character in third person and look up and down, he would just tilt his whole body forwards and backwards to ridiculous angles so at least it's no longer happening now. But I was thinking if you can make the tilt only from the waist up? That won't need more then 2 animations (I think) and it will solve the looking forwards while shooting up or down thing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
or instead of doing an animation for every single angle just make one for 3 angles.. 0° , 45° and 135°(or -45° it's the same) and then then just decide on a range in which each of the animations would be used.... or..... you could make it so that the whole character turns to where he is aiming so if he shoots upwards his whole body would be at an angle

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even three angles would still be a ton of work for DT. There are like 13 characters with roughly 3 or 4 forms per character. Plus, there's an animation limit in half-life, meaning you can only have so many animations per model. As far as I know, a few models are already hitting the limit.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even three angles would still be a ton of work for DT. There are like 13 characters with roughly 3 or 4 forms per character. Plus, there's an animation limit in half-life, meaning you can only have so many animations per model. As far as I know, a few models are already hitting the limit.
We managed to surpass the limit. Our lover Raven modified the compiler, so we can support about what.. 500 animations?

In any case, this isn't really necessary nor is it noticeable.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We managed to surpass the limit. Our lover Raven modified the compiler, so we can support about what.. 500 animations?

In any case, this isn't really necessary nor is it noticeable.
Yea, your right. Everyone looks where to shoot the beam not how the character shoots it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the new number of animations is 512 sean XD

And yea the compiler has been modified. So why dont you make a news update about that?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Green, you shouldn't be taking credit for Raven's hard work. For shame :p

When did you do this green? And what was the old limit?

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
New Animations: NO!
More Coding: YES!
would it be possible out of the coding to make the model from lets say... Spine1 to move after the crosshair :p?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or like in dbz we could just set the axis so that the character rotates to the correct position when they fire, though it'd look weird having a character pointing his hands upwards and a beam going downwards ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom