Arguement thingy....

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sense that Smokign thread is all but a completely off-topic flame war, I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to the arguement going on in that thread, just so people can talk about it here freely, anyways try too keep it in a non-flaming sense and don't make stupid false crap.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This better stay civil or warnings are gonna be flying out my butt

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have a weird ass...anywayz the thread is mine, the smoking one, close it of you want, i don't care.

Best answers
well your ugly... and whoever posts after is ugly... and the person who talks smack to me is even more ugly... :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optikz this thread isn't a hate thread. It's about the arguments going on between Hitokiri, Alea, myself, and VB.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im pretty sure its everyone vs VB cuz food does not cause lung cancer

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well we dont know what causes any cancer, but the likelyhood of cancer striking is much greater in an unhealthy lifestyle, whether you smoke or not.

Best answers
oh.. arguements between you guys??? what are you guys arguing about??? smoking???? simple... if it was banned we would receive a massive suicide count and people would just go crazy... I mean about half the population smokes... and I mean christ... all hell will break lose... hell I might go crazy if they banned well weedies is already banned so I got no problems...becuz i'm a sneaky guy... heh... :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No -_-'... go back and read the thread... it's about VB's logic... vs. Alea's, Hitokiri's, and my own scientific proof. It's about how VB thinks Science is wrong and that, SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE she got the statistics that: "94% of Japanese people over the age of 16 smoke 8 packs of cigarettes a day, while only 3% of Japanese people die of cancer each year."

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm only young and I don't know all the stats but I have too agree with Sonic, Hit, and Alea. the US Government are not Nazi's, they do alot of things bad but atleast the smite our enemies and some that aren't our enemies.

Why would the food companies start a whole conspiracy too blame cigerate companies for deaths and what not.
She also mentions that she has all this proof then when she posts it, its not all legitment people, there like homepages/book selling sites/some old guy/and a geocities site, non of which have a university study behind them [well I didn't see any with them] and they have nothing too prove tthat there statistics are right besides them posting them and saying they are.

I'd like too see VB post somthing that reinforces all her statments, like a big sumamry with a ligitiment bibliography.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't get a chance to put my 2 cents in in the other thread, but here they are now.

Interesting article I found, from the JAPAN TIMES you can read it here, http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~muen/kenkounihon21/JapanTimes20000323.html, interesting part that says, "Currently, more than 50 percent of men and 10 percent of women -- which translates to just over a third of all Japanese -- smoke, according to ministry statistics." Now, I know it is a 3 year old article, but I doubt that in 3 years the percentage of people who smoke in Japan tripled from 33% to 97%. Speaking of which, 33% of Japan smokes, population of Japan is 128 million (42,240,000 people in Japan smoke)

Also, this survey done by Japan's largest producer of ciggarettes, http://www.gate39.com/culture/smoking.aspx, shows that men smoke on average roughly 24 ciggs a day where women smoke 17, nowhere near 8 packs a day considering packs contain what, 10-20 ciggs? I don't know, I don't smoke. However, that Japan Times article says that on average each person smokes 3,100 ciggarettes annually, 3100, divided by 15 in a pack sound fair, divided by 365 days in a year, turns out to be about half a pack a day...mighty suspicious...

Also, 400,000 people in the US die yearly from smoking related diseases according to the US Surgeons General, now, considering the US has a population of about 292 million, thats 0.13% of the population who die yearly of smoking related diseases not the 17% VB speaks of (that would be an astonishing 49,640,000 people per year of lung cancer eep!)

Now, also in my research, I found that the percentage of American's who smoke dropped from 46% in 1964 to about 28% in 2000, now I also found this number has risen a bit in 2003 to 31% (90,520,000 people smoke in the US), which cuts VB's almost 64% right down the middle.

So basically what I'm trying to tell you is, more people in the US die of smoking related diseases, because basically, more people in the US smoke, Japan has a higher smoking rate, but only has 43% of the US' population and only smokes 69% of the cigarettes yearly that are smoked in the US http://www.taima.org/en/nicotine.htm. Nuff said, more Americans smoke, more American's die of smoking related diseases....

Now VB, let's see you argue my stats that I backed up with sources that involved extensive research to find RELIABLE sources.

Just a little more math fun :)

42,240,000 people in japan smoke 3100 cigarrettes a piece yearly = 1.30944x10^11 (over 130 billion ciggarettes yowza!)

Now, thats only 69% of the amount smoked in the US so lets take the old calculator, to find that 1.7153664x10^11 cigarrettes are smoked annually in the US a difference of over 40 billion cigarettes, no wonder more people die in the US of smoking related diseases, they smoke more cigarettes. And all I needed was my calculator to figure it out.

AND IN FACT! I wouldn't be surprised if the US' stats were slightly tipped to deter people from smoking, not promote like VB praises, which is why cigarettes are so expensive, to deter people from buying them! Not to milk money, they're expensive because of higher taxes, the cigarette companies aren't milking money, the government is deterring people from smoking.

My head hurts o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Long live mother f***ing Cybertron. :yes:

Best answers
Oh boy. So much to counter now. First off, you guys ask for scientific proof and then you diss it. For dissing my webpages, I shall now diss yours. Considering the Ishiba, a popular Japanese magazine, from Hiroshima and Osaka have different stats then your little internet one. And the government has no control over us. They banned drugs and now they're the #1 "pain killer" of the US. They banned illegal sex sales, and now prostitutes are doubled in amount, especially foreign ones. You'd think the government would have learned by now, don't you?

And how long did it actually take you to find a Japanese magazine that agreed with what you said? :rolleyes: Were those the only ones you could find?

Ha...

Also, your theories only work if cigarettes cause lung cancer, but see, they don't. And I've noticed nobody seems to be jumping on the French. Don't forget them. They smoke lots more.

But I'm through with this argument anyways. It's rather annoying for you guys to say "look at me, I've got a webpage so bow down before me", but then when we get exactly the same thing you shrug it off. If you won't look at both sides of the evidence and get over yourselves long enough to actually examine them, then I won't argue with you. You will refuse to accept any given proof, just like that L.A.Colby said most "smoke fanatics" would.

Oh yeah, and to Alea, you've got a cartoon character's name. A children's cartoon character's name. It's not worse than Barney, but it's definately not better.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idiotic response to a well-thought out, and -well cited- source shows that Vegeta's Briefs.. are soiled.

and I already told you my name is from Greek mythology, so that just turns your little insult to dust, doesn't it?

"Vegeta's Briefs." You've got the name from "a children's show."

I especially like you insulting me considering I hadn't even entered this thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta's Briefs said:
Also, your theories only work if cigarettes cause lung cancer, but see, they don't.

Oh yeah, and to Alea, you've got a cartoon character's name. A children's cartoon character's name. It's not worse than Barney, but it's definately not better.

BWAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA
*inhales*
BWWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

yea and alchohol doesnt damage your liver. :rolleyes:
NO SERIOUSLY GUYS ALCHOHOL DOESNT DO ANYTHING TO YOU AT ALL!! ITS BREATHING THAT DESTROYS YOUR LIVER!!! why? BECAUSE I KNOW SO!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ok seriosly though.... why dont you come up with some type of proof that they dont cause lung cancer before u say they dont. thats like me saying what i just said above this segment. theres no proof to it, i just said it and people are supposed to believe me because i said so right?

and i hope you havent forgotten what your name is... vegetas briefs. your a cartoon characters underpants, thats not much better.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your insistence that my name is silly because it's "based on a cartoon," even though I've told you, it's based on Greek mythology, is quite funny, especially when the grounds you insult it are "It's from a cartoon," when I've already told you mine isn't, but especially amusing is the fact that YOUR name is the one from a 'cartoon.'

Can we say owned? I think we can!

Best answers
Lol. No, see, DBZ is for teens, made for teens and adults, but Sailormoon was made for 12-year-old girls. LOL. And it seems like flaming people spontaneously is in style now, or at least you seem to think it. I was merely giving you a small taste of what I've seen you do in many many many many threads to many many many many people.

And it doesn't turn my argument to dust considering SAILOR Alea wasn't in greek mythology. SAILOR Alea was in Sailormoon.

And to Pain, I could go back and get that web address or you could. It's published by L.A or A.L. Colby, who has spent many years researching cigarettes and how people came to "discover" how "unhealthy" for you they were.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, you're once again wrong! Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon was made with a target demographic of 13-18 year old females and males. The english dub of it was targetted towards 8 year old girls, and the person in my picture is from the one season that they refuse to dub because of it's mature content.

Once again, you show your ignorance because there WAS no Sailor "Alea" in SailorMoon, fool.

Moon, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, ChibiMoon, StarFighter(my pic), StarHealer, and StarMaker.

There's no such Senshi as Alea, again can we say Owned?

Vegeta's Briefs said:
LOL indeed.

Vegeta's Briefs said:
And it doesn't turn my argument to dust considering SAILOR Alea wasn't in greek mythology. SAILOR Alea was in Sailormoon.
AHAHAHAHAHHA! I told you, you pull stuff out of your ASS without knowing! The briefs of Vegeta are just plain full of crap.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta's Briefs said:
And the government has no control over us. They banned drugs and now they're the #1 "pain killer" of the US. They banned illegal sex sales, and now prostitutes are doubled in amount, especially foreign ones. You'd think the government would have learned by now, don't you?
What are you talking about?

And how long did it actually take you to find a Japanese magazine that agreed with what you said? :rolleyes: Were those the only ones you could find?

Ha...
How long did it take you?

Also, your theories only work if cigarettes cause lung cancer, but see, they don't. And I've noticed nobody seems to be jumping on the French. Don't forget them. They smoke lots more.
You have spent all of this time trying to prove to us that eating the same ingredients found in cigarettes causes cancer. Smoking them doesn't? Eating tar and bleach causes lung cancer? Smoking them doesn't? Just think about that.

But I'm through with this argument anyways. It's rather annoying for you guys to say "look at me, I've got a webpage so bow down before me", but then when we get exactly the same thing you shrug it off. If you won't look at both sides of the evidence and get over yourselves long enough to actually examine them, then I won't argue with you. You will refuse to accept any given proof, just like that L.A.Colby said most "smoke fanatics" would.
NOTE that all of the "sources" that were online that you gave to us were .COMs. .COMs are the least reliable source of information on the internet. Optimus Prime actually gave you a .ORG (The japanese smoking statistics site). What is a .ORG? A web page hosted by an official government recognized institution or organization. A .COM is a web page paid for or hosted by a private company. Unreliable. Almost totally.

Here is a warning :warning: for not flaming her AGAIN for her name, after she already explained what her name meant in the diabetics thread.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Actually, you're once again wrong! Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon was made with a target demographic of 13-18 year old females and males. The english dub of it was targetted towards 8 year old girls, and the person in my picture is from the one season that they refuse to dub because of it's mature content.

Once again, you show your ignorance because there WAS no Sailor "Alea" in SailorMoon, fool.

Moon, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, ChibiMoon, StarFighter(my pic), StarHealer, and StarMaker.

There's no such Senshi as Alea, again can we say Owned?

LOL indeed.
OMG... you actually believe otherwise? ROFLMAO! The only thing males would like is the fact that the girls wear short-skirts and jump around. LOL!! No, because you still have Sailor in front of your name. So you're associating yourself with Sailormoon.

http://www.tcp.com/doi/smoon/smoon.html

"Sailor Moon is a story aimed at young girls (4 to 12 years old)"

LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom