Anyone thinks differently?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Which is precisely what those men, among many others, are guilty of.

Israel has already gained large amounts of land that they really had no right to, which is pretty much the dilemma in a nutshell. Israel claims the land is theirs and has always been theirs, despite Israel not existing in the time frame the arabs owned the land. The Arabs claim they've been there longer, and so its theirs. Neither side is willing to budge. If you're going to argue Israel hasn't gained any land, you're out of your mind. Here's a picture that's been floating around forever and a day:

View attachment 1441

As for threats to Israeli security, yeah the **** right. Oh no. Someone is firing dummy rockets where maybe 1 out of 100 actually hit something. Let's respond to those rockets by killing everyone in sight. That isn't overreacting at all. And you're right. I do know. I expect to be mortared because I traveled a gazillion miles across the planet to go this country and blow **** up. It's to be expected. What did you think was going to happen when Israel decided to start kicking out families that have lived in the region for generations. Rockets full of flowers? Hell, even today, they're being displaced, their homes being leveled so that Israeli expansion can continue. A few Americans have been killed by Israelis while protesting these actions, and no one batted an eye. Every action has a consequence. That's Israel's go to concept when they decide to use white phosphorous on civilian population centers eg. Lebanon. It shouldn't be a foreign idea to anyone who defends Israel's actions. What's that? A flotilla full of protesters? Better fast rope in and use live rounds. What do you mean these bullet wounds and burns to their skin are consistent with execution-style killings after the boat had already been assaulted? That's weird. Must be some kind of misunderstanding.

Israel gets no sympathy from me. It's bad enough that our nation has to basically pay em off every year to be friendly. But then they want to steal our **** and sell it to our enemies? They want to kill our civilians and military personnel on top of it? Mission accomplishment by any means, right? Right.

As for the anti-semitic remark, it isn't something I pulled out of a hat. It gets thrown out enough by Israeli-apologists that even Jews are being labeled as such for not agreeing with Israel's domestic and foreign policy.

sup dude

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
vote for praetor being antisemetic say aye! AYE.

No seriously praetor with those words you could of scared an israeli away. If I was an israeli Id stay far away from political analysis as possible and let my country get the hit because truth will always prevail. No point in hiding the facts as Id only be fooling myself.

sg2

Best answers
Which is precisely what those men, among many others, are guilty of.

Israel has already gained large amounts of land that they really had no right to, which is pretty much the dilemma in a nutshell. Israel claims the land is theirs and has always been theirs, despite Israel not existing in the time frame the arabs owned the land. The Arabs claim they've been there longer, and so its theirs. Neither side is willing to budge. If you're going to argue Israel hasn't gained any land, you're out of your mind. Here's a picture that's been floating around forever and a day:

View attachment 1441

As for threats to Israeli security, yeah the **** right. Oh no. Someone is firing dummy rockets where maybe 1 out of 100 actually hit something. Let's respond to those rockets by killing everyone in sight. That isn't overreacting at all. And you're right. I do know. I expect to be mortared because I traveled a gazillion miles across the planet to go this country and blow **** up. It's to be expected. What did you think was going to happen when Israel decided to start kicking out families that have lived in the region for generations. Rockets full of flowers? Hell, even today, they're being displaced, their homes being leveled so that Israeli expansion can continue. A few Americans have been killed by Israelis while protesting these actions, and no one batted an eye. Every action has a consequence. That's Israel's go to concept when they decide to use white phosphorous on civilian population centers eg. Lebanon. It shouldn't be a foreign idea to anyone who defends Israel's actions. What's that? A flotilla full of protesters? Better fast rope in and use live rounds. What do you mean these bullet wounds and burns to their skin are consistent with execution-style killings after the boat had already been assaulted? That's weird. Must be some kind of misunderstanding.

Israel gets no sympathy from me. It's bad enough that our nation has to basically pay em off every year to be friendly. But then they want to steal our **** and sell it to our enemies? They want to kill our civilians and military personnel on top of it? Mission accomplishment by any means, right? Right.

As for the anti-semitic remark, it isn't something I pulled out of a hat. It gets thrown out enough by Israeli-apologists that even Jews are being labeled as such for not agreeing with Israel's domestic and foreign policy.
Ergh your text as a whole is a bit overwhelming but let's break it into details so I can see what I can relate to and where I think you take Israel of the past and copy paste it on Israel of today.

Why do you persist on seeing Israel hailing its murderers as champions??? Don't you understand there's a clear rule in the army not to shoot innocent people as much as possible? The opposing Arabs (the extremists) are purposely positioning themselves above innocent Arabs' homes so that the IDF cannot shoot them down. In fact, the army shoots a ton-load of papers with Arabic written words saying "Please do not aid the terrorists, we're going to blow this building up in two hours" and similar notes such as these. Israelis who do not abide this rule are judged and get dismissed from their duty instantly. Again I am talking about the past several years and not the old times.

"If you're going to argue Israel hasn't gained any land, you're out of your mind." - The picture you showed me isn't new to me at all. When I said that you should examine the map I meant zoom out a bit. The green depicted within your picture is "PALESTINE", not the Arabic lands. Zoom out with Google maps and you will see how small Israel truly is. It's bigger than Lebanon and almost as big as Jordan but just look at Syria, Lybia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Egypt.
Not to mention that the picture you showed has 4 parts but it's not 4 different decades. As in, you can see that it's not really gaining much land from 1967 (especially outside of that green chunk). What you see in 1999 is pretty much what Israel is ever going to be. The only arguments that will probably be made are in regards to the green that's left.

"Someone is firing dummy rockets where maybe 1 out of 100 actually hit something" - for 8 years, with alarms going on and off where there are schools and workplaces. A country that allows dummy missiles to fly freely into its borders sounds whacky to me; just what exactly would you react with if not spotting and chasing the rocket launchers? (From a government point of view)

Israel's expansion is an exaggeration. It's only true if you go back in the day. Nowadays it's nothing more than negotiating existing lands.

"A flotilla full of protesters", the first one was assaulted (and filmed) by a helicopter with soldiers fast roping in WITHOUT live rounds. Those were blank cartridges and you can see the protesters (on the first flotilla) beating up the soldiers violently and throwing them off the ship. Regardless of how lame the Israeli tactic was (it was embarrassing to watch), it served as a good experience for next times. But that's already arguable.

"It's bad enough that our nation has to basically pay em off every year to be friendly"... Gah... maybe? You're probably right though. Smells fishy even if it's in my favor.
What exactly do you mean by "But then they want to steal our **** and sell it to our enemies? Kill our civilians and military personnel on top of it?"
It sounds like a story that you heard about and studied on which I am unaware of. If it's true then shame on my country, but I don't believe in countries that do no wrongs. And I don't believe Israel would WANT to kill YOUR civilians and military personnel by the way, that sounds ridicules without proper background.

I am with you on that 'anti-semitic' remark.
Those who throw it out without reason are either doing so assuming their audience is moronic or are ill themselves.
It's dumb, untrue, superficial, extremely subjective and closed minded and most definitely ignorant.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ergh your text as a whole is a bit overwhelming but let's break it into details so I can see what I can relate to and where I think you take Israel of the past and copy paste it on Israel of today.

Why do you persist on seeing Israel hailing its murderers as champions??? Don't you understand there's a clear rule in the army not to shoot innocent people as much as possible? The opposing Arabs (the extremists) are purposely positioning themselves above innocent Arabs' homes so that the IDF cannot shoot them down. In fact, the army shoots a ton-load of papers with Arabic written words saying "Please do not aid the terrorists, we're going to blow this building up in two hours" and similar notes such as these. Israelis who do not abide this rule are judged and get dismissed from their duty instantly. Again I am talking about the past several years and not the old times.

"If you're going to argue Israel hasn't gained any land, you're out of your mind." - The picture you showed me isn't new to me at all. When I said that you should examine the map I meant zoom out a bit. The green depicted within your picture is "PALESTINE", not the Arabic lands. Zoom out with Google maps and you will see how small Israel truly is. It's bigger than Lebanon and almost as big as Jordan but just look at Syria, Lybia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Egypt.
Not to mention that the picture you showed has 4 parts but it's not 4 different decades. As in, you can see that it's not really gaining much land from 1967 (especially outside of that green chunk). What you see in 1999 is pretty much what Israel is ever going to be. The only arguments that will probably be made are in regards to the green that's left.

"Someone is firing dummy rockets where maybe 1 out of 100 actually hit something" - for 8 years, with alarms going on and off where there are schools and workplaces. A country that allows dummy missiles to fly freely into its borders sounds whacky to me; just what exactly would you react with if not spotting and chasing the rocket launchers? (From a government point of view)

Israel's expansion is an exaggeration. It's only true if you go back in the day. Nowadays it's nothing more than negotiating existing lands.

"A flotilla full of protesters", the first one was assaulted (and filmed) by a helicopter with soldiers fast roping in WITHOUT live rounds. Those were blank cartridges and you can see the protesters (on the first flotilla) beating up the soldiers violently and throwing them off the ship. Regardless of how lame the Israeli tactic was (it was embarrassing to watch), it served as a good experience for next times. But that's already arguable.

"It's bad enough that our nation has to basically pay em off every year to be friendly"... Gah... maybe? You're probably right though. Smells fishy even if it's in my favor.
What exactly do you mean by "But then they want to steal our **** and sell it to our enemies? Kill our civilians and military personnel on top of it?"
It sounds like a story that you heard about and studied on which I am unaware of. If it's true then shame on my country, but I don't believe in countries that do no wrongs. And I don't believe Israel would WANTS to kill YOUR civilians and military personnel by the way, that sounds ridicules without proper background.

I am with you on that 'anti-semitic' remark.
Those who throw it out without reason are either doing so assuming their audience is moronic or are ill themselves.
It's dumb, untrue, superficial, extremely subjective and closed minded and most definitely ignorant.
When you know a person's past, and you've documented their actions and their choices, and know they are unfavorable, unbecoming of a citizen of whatever, and do not align with what you claim to be your moral values, and vote them into office anyway, it can really only be seen as creating a champion of what most people would agree are criminals. That is what everyone is referring to. There aren't any parades saying, "HAIL THE ARAB KILLERS **** YEAH!". But time and again these villains find their way into office, voted in by their constituents and the people of the nation. I know of no other way to view this.

You've pretty much ignored the whole gather a ****load of land at the expense of the people currently living there angle. You're also completely ignoring current Israeli efforts to bulldoze existing homes and rebuild homes for Israelis on what is currently Palestinian property. However, because there's a blanket of smoke surrounding who the land really belongs to, no one is really doing anything about it, and Israel continues to kick everyone out of Gaza. Of course, their rationale for this is, "We're just trying to clear the way so guerillas can't shack up here, guys!". Obviously, rebuilding homes there is counter intuitive when operating by this rationale, but I think all parties understand they're full of ****. It was during one of these occasions in 03 when the IDF bulldozed an American protester because the operator "couldn't see her" during one of their regular "Get the **** out of here, Palestinians. This be holy land. For us. Not you" escapades. She was out in the open and all eyewitnesses confirmed she was quite visible. Luckily the IDF recognized their mistake and took her to a hospital, treating her with the care one would assume would be given to a citizen of their greatest ally. Oh wait, no they didn't. They kept doing what they were doing and the Palestinians took her to a local hospital where she died. Good times.

Generally when someone fires rockets at you, you go after the people firing the rockets and not everyone in sight. You also don't hold water hostage, punishing everyone because of the actions of a few. If you need to me list the ways the Israelis have wronged the Palestinians, among others, I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. I don't think its necessary however, as these atrocities are rarely denied and frequently rationalized.

If by negotiating, you mean stealing, then yes.

Uh, no. The initial flotilla used rubber rounds intially below the minimum safe engagement distance. What does this mean? This means if I shoot you, you die. And then came the live ammunition, and the execution style killings, and the beatings and the cover ups. No one goes into a potentially dangerous situation with blanks. Why? Because blanks make noise, and nothing else. The protesters began fighting back, which means they were first assaulted. Furthermore, when operating in the capacity of a quick reaction force, speed, intensity and violence of action is your protocol so it isn't like they fast roped down to make nice. They began firing from the helo to soften everyone up, making it easier for them to land on the ship. Again, no blanks.

Apparently you haven't heard of Israel selling the equipment we basically give them for free to China and other perceived foes for the purpose of reverse engineering. I found two pages you can read and expand upon from there:

http://ariwatch.com/OurAlly/IsraeliMilitaryAndIndustrialEspionage.htm
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/11/02/national-security-alert-f-35-stealth-fighter-spy-cover-up/

My country gives Israel everything it needs, wants and then some, and this is how we're paid back. It's fine. There will come a day when we'll have a leader with the balls to tell Israel to **** off, and they'll have to deal with their own ****. We're globalizing to the extent that we may not need them for much longer.

As for killing civilians and military personnel, again, killing American protesters in Gaza, beating American protesters in the flotilla, and the USS Liberty. There's more. I'm not trying to "turn you" as it were, so I see no benefit in digging any deeper thant that.

sg2

Best answers
When you know a person's past, and you've documented their actions and their choices, and know they are unfavorable, unbecoming of a citizen of whatever, and do not align with what you claim to be your moral values, and vote them into office anyway, it can really only be seen as creating a champion of what most people would agree are criminals. That is what everyone is referring to. There aren't any parades saying, "HAIL THE ARAB KILLERS **** YEAH!". But time and again these villains find their way into office, voted in by their constituents and the people of the nation. I know of no other way to view this.

You've pretty much ignored the whole gather a ****load of land at the expense of the people currently living there angle. You're also completely ignoring current Israeli efforts to bulldoze existing homes and rebuild homes for Israelis on what is currently Palestinian property. However, because there's a blanket of smoke surrounding who the land really belongs to, no one is really doing anything about it, and Israel continues to kick everyone out of Gaza. Of course, their rationale for this is, "We're just trying to clear the way so guerillas can't shack up here, guys!". Obviously, rebuilding homes there is counter intuitive when operating by this rationale, but I think all parties understand they're full of ****. It was during one of these occasions in 03 when the IDF bulldozed an American protester because the operator "couldn't see her" during one of their regular "Get the **** out of here, Palestinians. This be holy land. For us. Not you" escapades. She was out in the open and all eyewitnesses confirmed she was quite visible. Luckily the IDF recognized their mistake and took her to a hospital, treating her with the care one would assume would be given to a citizen of their greatest ally. Oh wait, no they didn't. They kept doing what they were doing and the Palestinians took her to a local hospital where she died. Good times.

Generally when someone fires rockets at you, you go after the people firing the rockets and not everyone in sight. You also don't hold water hostage, punishing everyone because of the actions of a few. If you need to me list the ways the Israelis have wronged the Palestinians, among others, I'll be glad to point you in the right direction. I don't think its necessary however, as these atrocities are rarely denied and frequently rationalized.

If by negotiating, you mean stealing, then yes.

Uh, no. The initial flotilla used rubber rounds intially below the minimum safe engagement distance. What does this mean? This means if I shoot you, you die. And then came the live ammunition, and the execution style killings, and the beatings and the cover ups. No one goes into a potentially dangerous situation with blanks. Why? Because blanks make noise, and nothing else. The protesters began fighting back, which means they were first assaulted. Furthermore, when operating in the capacity of a quick reaction force, speed, intensity and violence of action is your protocol so it isn't like they fast roped down to make nice. They began firing from the helo to soften everyone up, making it easier for them to land on the ship. Again, no blanks.

Apparently you haven't heard of Israel selling the equipment we basically give them for free to China and other perceived foes for the purpose of reverse engineering. I found two pages you can read and expand upon from there:

http://ariwatch.com/OurAlly/IsraeliMilitaryAndIndustrialEspionage.htm
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/11/02/national-security-alert-f-35-stealth-fighter-spy-cover-up/

My country gives Israel everything it needs, wants and then some, and this is how we're paid back. It's fine. There will come a day when we'll have a leader with the balls to tell Israel to **** off, and they'll have to deal with their own ****. We're globalizing to the extent that we may not need them for much longer.

As for killing civilians and military personnel, again, killing American protesters in Gaza, beating American protesters in the flotilla, and the USS Liberty. There's more. I'm not trying to "turn you" as it were, so I see no benefit in digging any deeper thant that.
There ARE parades saying, "HAIL THE ARAB KILLERS *** YEAH!" and they are held by extremists.

If an Arab extremist bursts into Israel and murders innocent citizens and manages to return (by some miracle) to his home, he's a hero, a champion.
If an Israeli extremist bursts into any Arab state and murders innocent citizens and manages to return (by some miracle) to his home, he's a criminal, a prisoner.
Believe it or not that's the truth around here and if it isn't then I'm living in a lie.

I haven't ignored what happened in 1947 to 1967. I keep on saying how much it's been reduced and subsided over the years. That's in response to gathering a ****load of land at the expense of the people currently living there angle.
The description that follows is again on small scales that occur after a small war. I'm certain you could find more stories such as the one in 03 with the IDF. It doesn't mean you can say all the IDF is like that. In fact, very small portions of the IDF go by such poor judgments and like I said, punishment awaits those who are caught executing criminal acts.

Regarding the atrocities that came upon the lots because of the actions of a few, you're painting Israel in pitch black because you're disagreeing with Israel's logic: "We've been picked on for eight years straight and now we're retaliating hard so that we will prevent future attempts of picking on us". Again, without intention of killing innocent citizens. With intention of targeting as many rocket launchers and ammunition warehouses as possible.

By negotiating, I mean, negotiating. Many times lands were given back to the Arabs, as part of negotiations. Even Menachem Begin returned big chunks of land for the sake of peace when he was Prime Minister.

Rubber rounds it is. What you described "They began firing from the helo to soften everyone up, making it easier for them to land on the ship." is not true in the first flotilla.
Nevertheless, I said it's arguable - because even when I watch the film and I don't see what you describe, I can still assume that some of what you say might be true. Even though, protesters take the risk when they go about protesting. I don't see your alternate solutions by the way. Leave the protesters alone? Especially the first flotilla which was suspected to carry ammunition and bringing it to enemy shores.

"My country gives Israel everything it needs, wants and then some, and this is how we're paid back. It's fine. There will come a day when we'll have a leader with the balls to tell Israel to **** off, and they'll have to deal with their own ****. We're globalizing to the extent that we may not need them for much longer. "
A subject which I have only just had my first glimpse at. I'm not going to argue nor apologize in the name of my country. Only stare blankly with shame (because I took the time to fully read these two articles and I believe they're not jinxed).

"As for killing civilians and military personnel", Israel doesn't WANT to kill US civilians and military personnel. I'm fairly against it and it doesn't sound right at all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There ARE parades saying, "HAIL THE ARAB KILLERS *** YEAH!" and they are held by extremists.

If an Arab extremist bursts into Israel and murders innocent citizens and manages to return (by some miracle) to his home, he's a hero, a champion.
If an Israeli extremist bursts into any Arab state and murders innocent citizens and manages to return (by some miracle) to his home, he's a criminal, a prisoner.
Believe it or not that's the truth around here and if it isn't then I'm living in a lie.

So either imprisoned or elected. Roger that.

I haven't ignored what happened in 1947 to 1967. I keep on saying how much it's been reduced and subsided over the years. That's in response to gathering a ****load of land at the expense of the people currently living there angle.
The description that follows is again on small scales that occur after a small war. I'm certain you could find more stories such as the one in 03 with the IDF. It doesn't mean you can say all the IDF is like that. In fact, very small portions of the IDF go by such poor judgments and like I said, punishment awaits those who are caught executing criminal acts.

Every single person in a given organization doesn't need to be dirty for the organization to be deemed unsavory. When one Marine throws a puppy off a cliff, because he was ordered to kill all stray dogs as they carried rabies and were attacking both soldiers/Marines and civilians, no one cares that he was in the right to do so. What matters is how he went about doing it and what organization he's affiliated with. Why? Because each member of that organization is a reflection of the whole. Israel and the IDF have a poor image internationally as a result of many, many "isolated incidents". Taken individually, a problem may not be apparent to the person looking. But when you take all of the pieces and view it as part of a whole, it paints a very different picture.

As for land grabs, do you really think nations gain their land by forcefully taking huge swaths every time? Absolutely not. They take a little here. A little there. It's a long game, and so long as its being played against what is ultimately a defenseless player, Israel is in no danger of losing anything. They haven't take large amounts of land because they aren't capable of doing so. What they can do, however, is slowly displace Palestinians and replace them with Israelis. This is precisely what China does when they basically set up colonies in Russia and Africa.

Regarding the atrocities that came upon the lots because of the actions of a few, you're painting Israel in pitch black because you're disagreeing with Israel's logic: "We've been picked on for eight years straight and now we're retaliating hard so that we will prevent future attempts of picking on us". Again, without intention of killing innocent citizens. With intention of targeting as many rocket launchers and ammunition warehouses as possible.

Picked on? Really? Thanks to US funding, there isn't a nation in the region that could legitimately beat the **** out of Israel and win an offensive war. Israel has a tendency to create its problems, and then go on the offensive so as to get what it wants. It's like if I wanted to cut down all of the trees in a forest so that I could build a mansion, but no one wants me to. So I throw 40 bears into the forest and let them slowly kill a few people. Holy ****. We need to do something about these bears! Let's get them! So I kill all the bears, and then cut down the forest so that no bear can ever call it home again. Truly, a victory for mankind. And now everyone's forgotten that I wanted the forest gone in the first place, so I win. This is how Israel operates. Israel wants to clear out the Palestinians. They want to build homes and occupy the area for Israelis. Hmm. We're going to cut off the water supply to Gaza so they can turn to their Arab brethren for support, who will probably react violently to us passively killing everyone. What's that? Oh no. There are literally dozens of insurgents possibly, maybe in the Gaza strip! Better clear it out! Let's make sure no insurgent can ever call the area home again by building our own homes! They'll be our first defense against this kind of travesty! Terrible.

By negotiating, I mean, negotiating. Many times lands were given back to the Arabs, as part of negotiations. Even Menachem Begin returned big chunks of land for the sake of peace when he was Prime Minister.

And yet bulldozing continues. First he giveth, and then he taketh away.

Rubber rounds it is. What you described "They began firing from the helo to soften everyone up, making it easier for them to land on the ship." is not true in the first flotilla.
Nevertheless, I said it's arguable - because even when I watch the film and I don't see what you describe, I can still assume that some of what you say might be true. Even though, protesters take the risk when they go about protesting. I don't see your alternate solutions by the way. Leave the protesters alone? Especially the first flotilla which was suspected to carry ammunition and bringing it to enemy shores.

You keep saying you watched the film, as if there was one film. There were maybe 4 or 5 feeds going simultaneously, and all of them showed the protesters getting hit first. I remember when Israel first said they were using paint ball rounds before they landed. And then people started dying. Thats weird.

"My country gives Israel everything it needs, wants and then some, and this is how we're paid back. It's fine. There will come a day when we'll have a leader with the balls to tell Israel to **** off, and they'll have to deal with their own ****. We're globalizing to the extent that we may not need them for much longer. "
A subject which I have only just had my first glimpse at. I'm not going to argue nor apologize in the name of my country. Only stare blankly with shame (because I took the time to fully read these two articles and I believe they're not jinxed).

"As for killing civilians and military personnel", Israel doesn't WANT to kill US civilians and military personnel. I'm fairly against it and it doesn't sound right at all.

Israel will do whatever is necessary to benefit Israel. Again, the USS Liberty incident was pretty ******* blatant. That wasn't a case of, "Oh ****. That looks exactly like an Arab ship! Let's take it out!".
'

Words.

sg2

Best answers
Words and BIG TEXT!

"Either imprisoned or elected" If the PRIME MINISTER had gone into innocent people's homes and murdered everyone brutally prior to becoming PRIME MINISTER, then you would have been correct.
But that is not the case. Fighting wars where shooting collisions are inevitable isn't anywhere like murdering innocent citizens with the intention of killing them solely because of the nation they were born in. Someone once asked me if I hate the Arabs and my answer was: "Only the ones who want to do me harm" and that's just so true because I know not all of them agree with the extremists.

"When one Marine throws a puppy off a cliff, because he was ordered to kill all stray dogs as they carried rabies and were attacking both soldiers/Marines and civilians, no one cares that he was in the right to do so. "
Oh yeah? What if that puppy's bite was as deadly as a Cobra's poison or an Urakanji? Would you still spare the puppy? Personally I would leave the puppy alone, but if the puppy is being aggressive and is going to charge at me - the given possibility he might be carrying poison (assuming it's proven that one might) would be just about enough for me to give him a kick yet unseen in World Cup soccer games. And I LOVE puppies.

"Taken individually, a problem may not be apparent to the person looking. But when you take all of the pieces and view it as part of a whole, it paints a very different picture."
Yes, if you take all the corrupted pieces and put them together it creates a pretty ugly picture. --- Especially if you took out all the good pieces and decided the world is black and white. Might as well keep the black since it's good for rating. Plus it's a lot easier to prove since anything they had done for "good" can be said it was done for their own selfish interests. I thought it was a beautiful argument that I pointed out that Israelis are condemned for punishing innocents on the side of the "enemy", and yet you still sprayed black color all over my argument...

"As for land grabs, do you really think nations gain their land by forcefully taking huge swaths every time? Absolutely not. They take a little here. A little there. It's a long game, and so long as its being played against what is ultimately a defenseless player, Israel is in no danger of losing anything. They haven't take large amounts of land because they aren't capable of doing so. What they can do, however, is slowly displace Palestinians and replace them with Israelis."
OK and what do you think would happen if supposedly Israel completely 'eradicates' Palestinian remainders and swaps the green for white entirely? That it would then expand even further? It isn't looking to expand any further on Arab lands because it can't and because it wouldn't want to for the same reasons you don't want to expand into Spain and France. The territories are respected beyond that point. It's visible in the map you showed in your second post.

"Picked on? Really? Thanks to US funding, there isn't a nation in the region that could legitimately beat the **** out of Israel and win an offensive war. Israel has a tendency to create its problems, and then go on the offensive so as to get what it wants."
Please see this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_involving_Israel
Almost all the wars began by the Arab's side. The third Israeli-Arab war excluded although it's said to have been a 'defensive move' but telling that to you would be pointless since it's painted in white color and we know just how much you dislike my white brush.
Thank goodness that your country exists else the situation might have been infinitely more grim than it is today. "And then go on the offensive so as to get what it wants", uhh, yes. It's called "Peace"?!
The rockets from Gaza are a sign of "I know I'm asking for trouble, but I really want to harm you and I'm willing to jeopardize my own people and families for it to happen".
Your forest//bear metaphor was actually very nicely illustrated if it weren't for the part where "YOU TAKE BEARS, YOU PUT THEM IN THE FOREST". The bears were already there in the forest, and if there weren't any bears you don't put them bears in, you just can't cut down the forest because there is no bear to be found in it. ****ing bears!

"And yet bulldozing continues", That's silly because you don't give massive lands and then come in with bulldozers, slowly and gradually unearthing the lands you have given. That was the very first time Menachem Begin had given a land, and he did so because it was the first time he had thought the opposing leader literally meant negotiating peace. Bulldozing doesn't take place where a land is contracted to belong to you and your counter parts.

As I continue to your next verse, I can almost see into the future and predict that you're not actually reading my words thinking "Hmm, I guess he's right in this one". It's making me laugh because if you are not agreeing with me about ANYTHING I say, that means that even if I were to be so very right - I would still get an exclamation mark within a yellow triangle Windows-Error from you. I imagine anyone arguing with you to hear that horrible Windows-Error prompt after posting their thoughts. Even if in many cases it's justified.

"You keep saying you watched the film, as if there was one film. There were maybe 4 or 5 feeds going simultaneously, and all of them showed the protesters getting hit first. I remember when Israel first said they were using paint ball rounds before they landed. And then people started dying. Thats weird."
Why should we argue a film based theory? If you can show and prove it using a film from YouTube or anywhere else, be my guest.

"Israel will do whatever is necessary to benefit Israel. Again, the USS Liberty incident was pretty ******* blatant. That wasn't a case of, "Oh ****. That looks exactly like an Arab ship! Let's take it out!".
Which one? There was the 1967 incident which was pretty bad on Israel's part for going that far.
And there is this one: "On Sunday, May 30, 2010, participants in the international flotilla carrying humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip will hold a memorial service at sea to commemorate the 34 Americans killed and 173 injured in Israel's 1967 attack on the U.S.S. Liberty..."
"...The Freedom Flotilla carries 10,000 tons of relief and developmental aid to Gaza. These supplies are being delivered by a coalition of international civil society and human rights organizations directly to the people of Gaza, using only international waters and the coastal waters immediately off Gaza for passage. The flotilla is expected to arrive in Gaza late Monday morning." - where of course it did not arrive.

You might be curious as of why did the Israelis prevented the humanitarian aid so here is the full (LONG) article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/may/31/israel-troops-gaza-ships

If you want to get right to the part where it's explained vividly clear, press Ctrl+F, type in "intercepted" and it will bring you close enough. You may want to read at least half of it like I have just done (from the top of the page to the middle). If you want the juicy part here it is:
"In the coming hours, the ships will be directed to the Ashdod port, while IDF naval forces will perform security checks in order to identify the people on board the ships and their equipment. The IDF spokesman conveys that this event is currently unfolding and further details will be provided as soon as possible.

This IDF naval operation was carried out under orders from the political leadership to halt the flotilla from reaching the Gaza Strip and breaching the naval blockade.

The interception of the flotilla followed numerous warnings given to the organisers of the flotilla before leaving their ports as well as while sailing towards the Gaza Strip. In these warnings, it was made clear to the organisers that they could dock in the Ashdod sea port and unload the equipment they are carrying in order to deliver it to the Gaza Strip in an orderly manner, following the appropriate security checks. Upon expressing their unwillingness to cooperate and arrive at the port, it was decided to board the ships and lead them to Ashdod.

IDF naval personnel encountered severe violence, including use of weaponry prepared in advance in order to attack and to harm them. The forces operated in adherence with operational commands and took all necessary actions in order to avoid violence, but to no avail."

'

Books.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Clearly praetor and I have a very different view on what is considered an acceptable source. The 'guardian' im sure serves its purpose, as every other mainstream media all owned by the same few indivuals with the same agenda pushing for the same aims.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Words and BIG TEXT!

"Either imprisoned or elected" If the PRIME MINISTER had gone into innocent people's homes and murdered everyone brutally prior to becoming PRIME MINISTER, then you would have been correct.
But that is not the case. Fighting wars where shooting collisions are inevitable isn't anywhere like murdering innocent citizens with the intention of killing them solely because of the nation they were born in. Someone once asked me if I hate the Arabs and my answer was: "Only the ones who want to do me harm" and that's just so true because I know not all of them agree with the extremists.

You appear to be quite unfamiliar with the warcrimes committed by the individuals I listed. Rather than use my "black brush" to paint anything for you, go ahead and look it up yourself as anything I say or point out is corrupted by darkness.

"When one Marine throws a puppy off a cliff, because he was ordered to kill all stray dogs as they carried rabies and were attacking both soldiers/Marines and civilians, no one cares that he was in the right to do so. "
Oh yeah? What if that puppy's bite was as deadly as a Cobra's poison or an Urakanji? Would you still spare the puppy? Personally I would leave the puppy alone, but if the puppy is being aggressive and is going to charge at me - the given possibility he might be carrying poison (assuming it's proven that one might) would be just about enough for me to give him a kick yet unseen in World Cup soccer games. And I LOVE puppies.

And this has anything to do with what? The point was not that the mission needed to be accomplished, but how it was accomplished and how that affects perception. As the saying goes, perception is reality. Israel could legitimately have the best intentions, but time and again its actions paint the nation as warmongering, aggressive and unwilling to compromise.

"Taken individually, a problem may not be apparent to the person looking. But when you take all of the pieces and view it as part of a whole, it paints a very different picture."
Yes, if you take all the corrupted pieces and put them together it creates a pretty ugly picture. --- Especially if you took out all the good pieces and decided the world is black and white. Might as well keep the black since it's good for rating. Plus it's a lot easier to prove since anything they had done for "good" can be said it was done for their own selfish interests. I thought it was a beautiful argument that I pointed out that Israelis are condemned for punishing innocents on the side of the "enemy", and yet you still sprayed black color all over my argument...

Feel free to elaborate on the white and grey that is to be found in using experimental weapons and white phosphorous in Lebanon.

"As for land grabs, do you really think nations gain their land by forcefully taking huge swaths every time? Absolutely not. They take a little here. A little there. It's a long game, and so long as its being played against what is ultimately a defenseless player, Israel is in no danger of losing anything. They haven't take large amounts of land because they aren't capable of doing so. What they can do, however, is slowly displace Palestinians and replace them with Israelis."
OK and what do you think would happen if supposedly Israel completely 'eradicates' Palestinian remainders and swaps the green for white entirely? That it would then expand even further? It isn't looking to expand any further on Arab lands because it can't and because it wouldn't want to for the same reasons you don't want to expand into Spain and France. The territories are respected beyond that point. It's visible in the map you showed in your second post.

Israel would undoubtedly cry out to the international community that its enemies are on its doorstep, and it needs some kind of buffer zone between it and them. If increasing the size of the nation was feasible, it would do so, thus expanding its access to resources in the region, creating some breathing space between it and everyone else. Keep in mind the only thing keeping Israel from blowing **** up in Iran is the US and its assets. According to Israel, everyone is a threat. This mindset fosters the need to expand for security purposes. The US doesn't expand into Spain and France because we're allies, we have nothing to gain from doing so, and logistically it'd cost us more to take the two nations than to let Europe handle Europe. The same is not true of Israel and its neighbors.

"Picked on? Really? Thanks to US funding, there isn't a nation in the region that could legitimately beat the **** out of Israel and win an offensive war. Israel has a tendency to create its problems, and then go on the offensive so as to get what it wants."
Please see this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_involving_Israel
Almost all the wars began by the Arab's side. The third Israeli-Arab war excluded although it's said to have been a 'defensive move' but telling that to you would be pointless since it's painted in white color and we know just how much you dislike my white brush.

Did you even read what you linked to? The first war was a result of outside forces deciding to partition Palestine for the sake of the Jews. No, it did not go over well with the Palestinians in much the way it would not go over well if the US decided, "Hey, we're going to go ahead and split up Israel and give part of it to....oh, I don't know. Zimbabwe." Okay, bye guys. Have fun." And of course, when the Palestinians began to get rightfully frustrated and angry and they began to act out, the British did basically nothing, despite being the reason **** went to hell in a handbasket in the first place.

The second one listed was a military response to guerilla attacks. Understandable. And then Unit 101 comes around, participates in a massacre, and Ariel Sharon later becomes PM. Awesomesauce.

The third one listed is blatant aggression and can't conceivably be considered a defensive action. I mean, you need to really look for that white paint you're so fond of to paint a picture where Israel, France and Britain aren't complete *******s and Egypt is the bad guy.

The fourth one listed isn't any better. The Israelis attacked first, took a ****load of land, and called it a day. If you read each article, you'll find Israel making more and more enemies as time goes on as a result of its actions and affiliations.

The fifth one listed is where Egypt tries to take back what was "tactically acquired" by Israel. Again, understandable.

The sixth one is another attempt to regain the territories taken by the Israelis during the Six Day War, which, in case you've forgotten in the last 15 seconds, was an act of aggression on the part of Israel.

The rest of them are pretty much Israel ******* up Lebanon over and over again. Some of it Lebanon's fault, some of it Israel's fault. Especially that last one.

So...I'm not sure what you were trying to prove by showing me this list, other than Israel acts, everyone reacts, and then Israel plays the victim and pretends not to understand why things happen.

Thank goodness that your country exists else the situation might have been infinitely more grim than it is today. "And then go on the offensive so as to get what it wants", uhh, yes. It's called "Peace"?!

Glad that's working out for you guys.

The rockets from Gaza are a sign of "I know I'm asking for trouble, but I really want to harm you and I'm willing to jeopardize my own people and families for it to happen".

They're also a sign of, "You stole the land of my father and his father, and I'm going to do what is necessary to take it back. Probably not going to win because your military might is almost entirely comprised of **** you were given by a superpower, but you know, we'll try anyway.

Your forest//bear metaphor was actually very nicely illustrated if it weren't for the part where "YOU TAKE BEARS, YOU PUT THEM IN THE FOREST". The bears were already there in the forest, and if there weren't any bears you don't put them bears in, you just can't cut down the forest because there is no bear to be found in it. ****ing bears!

You're right. The bears were there in the forest that is called Palestine. And then Israel decided to set up shop right in the middle of it. Who's to blame? The bears or the Israelis?

"And yet bulldozing continues", That's silly because you don't give massive lands and then come in with bulldozers, slowly and gradually unearthing the lands you have given. That was the very first time Menachem Begin had given a land, and he did so because it was the first time he had thought the opposing leader literally meant negotiating peace. Bulldozing doesn't take place where a land is contracted to belong to you and your counter parts.

I don't know what you just said, but I'll reaffirm that bulldozing continues in Gaza, where they primarily knock down houses currently occupied by Palestinians and then move their own dudes in.

As I continue to your next verse, I can almost see into the future and predict that you're not actually reading my words thinking "Hmm, I guess he's right in this one". It's making me laugh because if you are not agreeing with me about ANYTHING I say, that means that even if I were to be so very right - I would still get an exclamation mark within a yellow triangle Windows-Error from you. I imagine anyone arguing with you to hear that horrible Windows-Error prompt after posting their thoughts. Even if in many cases it's justified.

Surprisingly enough, I probably wouldn't agree with the ravings of a Scientologist, either. Because what they spout is false. For me, this isn't so much a matter of opinion as it is a matter of historical fact. I can literally look back and see the events, a play by play if you will, and witness everything objectively because I wasn't a participant nor was I alive during that time period.

"You keep saying you watched the film, as if there was one film. There were maybe 4 or 5 feeds going simultaneously, and all of them showed the protesters getting hit first. I remember when Israel first said they were using paint ball rounds before they landed. And then people started dying. Thats weird."
Why should we argue a film based theory? If you can show and prove it using a film from YouTube or anywhere else, be my guest.

Considering the global community at large condemned Israel's raid on the flotilla, I think perhaps it should be you to provide some kind of evidence suggesting Israel decided to use loud sounds to pacify the protesters.

"Israel will do whatever is necessary to benefit Israel. Again, the USS Liberty incident was pretty ******* blatant. That wasn't a case of, "Oh ****. That looks exactly like an Arab ship! Let's take it out!".
Which one? There was the 1967 incident which was pretty bad on Israel's part for going that far.
And there is this one: "On Sunday, May 30, 2010, participants in the international flotilla carrying humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip will hold a memorial service at sea to commemorate the 34 Americans killed and 173 injured in Israel's 1967 attack on the U.S.S. Liberty..."

There was only one USS Liberty incident and it was the one in 1967 where the IDF had visual confirmation of an American vessel and shortly afterward began to fire upon it. It was an attack on American by Israelis, with the intent to kill.

"...The Freedom Flotilla carries 10,000 tons of relief and developmental aid to Gaza. These supplies are being delivered by a coalition of international civil society and human rights organizations directly to the people of Gaza, using only international waters and the coastal waters immediately off Gaza for passage. The flotilla is expected to arrive in Gaza late Monday morning." - where of course it did not arrive.

You might be curious as of why did the Israelis prevented the humanitarian aid so here is the full (LONG) article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/may/31/israel-troops-gaza-ships

If you want to get right to the part where it's explained vividly clear, press Ctrl+F, type in "intercepted" and it will bring you close enough. You may want to read at least half of it like I have just done (from the top of the page to the middle). If you want the juicy part here it is:
"In the coming hours, the ships will be directed to the Ashdod port, while IDF naval forces will perform security checks in order to identify the people on board the ships and their equipment. The IDF spokesman conveys that this event is currently unfolding and further details will be provided as soon as possible.

This IDF naval operation was carried out under orders from the political leadership to halt the flotilla from reaching the Gaza Strip and breaching the naval blockade.

The interception of the flotilla followed numerous warnings given to the organisers of the flotilla before leaving their ports as well as while sailing towards the Gaza Strip. In these warnings, it was made clear to the organisers that they could dock in the Ashdod sea port and unload the equipment they are carrying in order to deliver it to the Gaza Strip in an orderly manner, following the appropriate security checks. Upon expressing their unwillingness to cooperate and arrive at the port, it was decided to board the ships and lead them to Ashdod.

Ohhhh. That's why they wanted to take down the flotilla. Because they were secret insurgents. Gotcha. Funny thing, though. First off, they raided the ship in international waters. That's generally a no no, but let's, for arguments sake, say they were justified because of the blockade on Gaza. Well, that brings up another interesting point. The blockade on Gaza is technically illegal because it cause excessive damage to the civilian population in relation to the military advantage gained so intercepting a vessel on the high seas to support or enforce the blockade would not be lawful. So Israel's all kind of ****ed up as far as the flotilla thing goes.

But why wouldn't they just dock at the specified port and let the IDF bring all of their equipment to the people of Gaza? Because it never, ever gets to them. That was the entire point of the flotilla. For years and through many channels, people across the world have tried donating **** to them but whenever it gets to the Israelis, "Holy ****. Is this a fork? This looks like a fork. I know if you connect this fork to the toaster and connect all of these wires you can make a bomb. All of this is bomb-making material. Daaaamn you terrorists of the world!!!" Yeah. **** that. Israel knows precisely what its doing with the blockade and the point isn't to flush insurgents out. Insurgents can come and go as they please. The people who suffer are the ones that live there, and that's the entire point of it all. Punish everyone for the actions of the few. This is the kind of **** the US and friends did in Iraq, and it was ******* terrible then, and its terrible now.

IDF naval personnel encountered severe violence, including use of weaponry prepared in advance in order to attack and to harm them. The forces operated in adherence with operational commands and took all necessary actions in order to avoid violence, but to no avail."

Oh really? Wow, I'd really like to see that video. You know, the one where they prepared weapons like....kitchen knives...that they used to cut meat and cook with....against the IDF before they even landed on the flotilla. Because again, they opened fire beforehand.

'

Books.
5characters

PS: What the hell are you babbling about, Heron?

Discord Member
Best answers
Aaand this was where I stopped reading your post. What the ****.
conquered/occupation is same thing in modern world. land given to jews and then afterward started conquering/occupying the rest of Palestine.

live an oppressed life or just leave the land .... pride is one of the 7 deadly sins for a reason, let go of it and move on

im not saying what happened was right .... but u cant bring all that's lost back to life .... all u can do is preserve what's left

Last edited:

sg2

Best answers
Okay, then now I know the entirety of your opinion.
I could spend time commenting on each paragraph but I already know your side and I doubt anyone who wasn't tilted in my favor up to now is going to be tilted from these texts and sources.

I'll give a brief comment on each paragraph just so you know what I thought on each of them.
"You appear to be quite unfamiliar with the warcrimes committed by the individuals I listed. Rather than use my "black brush" to paint anything for you, go ahead and look it up yourself as anything I say or point out is corrupted by darkness." - You make it seem as if they make equivalent diabolic acts as Muslim-Arab EXTREMIST terrorists. That's why you're wrong.

"And this has anything to do with what? The point was not that the mission needed to be accomplished, but how it was accomplished and how that affects perception. As the saying goes, perception is reality. Israel could legitimately have the best intentions, but time and again its actions paint the nation as warmongering, aggressive and unwilling to compromise. " - Yes, I can see that quite clearly. But there isn't much it can do about it ("it" standing for other people's perception).

"Feel free to elaborate on the white and grey that is to be found in using experimental weapons and white phosphorous in Lebanon." - Why would I want to support the wrong Israel had done? I haven't disagreed with you on everything.

"Israel would undoubtedly cry out to the international community that its enemies are on its doorstep, and it needs some kind of buffer zone between it and them. If increasing the size of the nation was feasible, it would do so, thus expanding its access to resources in the region, creating some breathing space between it and everyone else. Keep in mind the only thing keeping Israel from blowing **** up in Iran is the US and its assets. According to Israel, everyone is a threat. This mindset fosters the need to expand for security purposes. The US doesn't expand into Spain and France because we're allies, we have nothing to gain from doing so, and logistically it'd cost us more to take the two nations than to let Europe handle Europe. The same is not true of Israel and its neighbors." - We will have to wait and see about that.

"Did you even read what you linked to? The first war was a result of outside forces deciding to partition Palestine for the sake of the Jews. No, it did not go over well with the Palestinians in much the way it would not go over well if the US decided, "Hey, we're going to go ahead and split up Israel and give part of it to....oh, I don't know. Zimbabwe." Okay, bye guys. Have fun." And of course, when the Palestinians began to get rightfully frustrated and angry and they began to act out, the British did basically nothing, despite being the reason **** went to hell in a handbasket in the first place.

The second one listed was a military response to guerilla attacks. Understandable. And then Unit 101 comes around, participates in a massacre, and Ariel Sharon later becomes PM. Awesomesauce. " - That's the thing, we both read the same articles and each understood it in his own favor.

"Glad that's working out for you guys. " - It's working out for you guys, too...

"They're also a sign of, "You stole the land of my father and his father, and I'm going to do what is necessary to take it back. Probably not going to win because your military might is almost entirely comprised of **** you were given by a superpower, but you know, we'll try anyway." - with addition of, "And I'm willing to jeopardize my own people and families".

"You're right. The bears were there in the forest that is called Palestine. And then Israel decided to set up shop right in the middle of it. Who's to blame? The bears or the Israelis?" - Israel's foundation isn't what I'm here to color in white. I could only protect it if I were religious since then Jerusalem would have be important to me.

"I don't know what you just said, but I'll reaffirm that bulldozing continues in Gaza, where they primarily knock down houses currently occupied by Palestinians and then move their own dudes in. " - That's probably one of those "the action might be JUST but the means of accomplishment is perceived malicious". Stick to your opinion then.

"Surprisingly enough, I probably wouldn't agree with the ravings of a Scientologist, either. Because what they spout is false. For me, this isn't so much a matter of opinion as it is a matter of historical fact. I can literally look back and see the events, a play by play if you will, and witness everything objectively because I wasn't a participant nor was I alive during that time period." - There is no comparing Israel with Scientology since Israel is supplying explanations that smell fishy but are not total lunacy in the world we are living in. And just because you're one to view things "objectively" does not mean that you are right. There are others to view things objectively and think exactly the other way around. Plus I can't remember an argument you ever went this far in and switched sides. You pick a side and stick with it to the very end of the debate. I stick with my side in general but it does not mean I do not see flaws in my country. If you really want to make it seem objective then at least point out the bad in both and you might even find me switching sides; however, that is not how you roll.

"Considering the global community at large condemned Israel's raid on the flotilla, I think perhaps it should be you to provide some kind of evidence suggesting Israel decided to use loud sounds to pacify the protesters." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrX7fznVgI&feature=relmfu Let me know what you can decipher because if anything it only leaves more room for questions. Oh, and no rapid rifle fire is to be seen or heard.

"There was only one USS Liberty incident and it was the one in 1967 where the IDF had visual confirmation of an American vessel and shortly afterward began to fire upon it. It was an attack on American by Israelis, with the intent to kill. " - With that one I agree with you, though I am not educated enough about it to say anything more.

For the second last comment - You disagreeing with the logic presented is not something I can argue with.

"Oh really? Wow, I'd really like to see that video. You know, the one where they prepared weapons like....kitchen knives...that they used to cut meat and cook with....against the IDF before they even landed on the flotilla. Because again, they opened fire beforehand. " - I haven't seen any filmed testimony of the soldiers opening fire beforehand. Nor have you seen any filmed testimonial showing "IDF naval personnel encountered severe violence, including use of weaponry prepared in advance". So again, this arm wrestle did not touch the table's surface.

5 characters: Peace!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll give a brief comment on each paragraph just so you know what I thought on each of them.
"You appear to be quite unfamiliar with the warcrimes committed by the individuals I listed. Rather than use my "black brush" to paint anything for you, go ahead and look it up yourself as anything I say or point out is corrupted by darkness." - You make it seem as if they make equivalent diabolic acts as Muslim-Arab EXTREMIST terrorists. That's why you're wrong.

I would consider the Qibya massacre to be on par with what the other extremists have done. Other, because both sides are anything but moderate.

"And this has anything to do with what? The point was not that the mission needed to be accomplished, but how it was accomplished and how that affects perception. As the saying goes, perception is reality. Israel could legitimately have the best intentions, but time and again its actions paint the nation as warmongering, aggressive and unwilling to compromise. " - Yes, I can see that quite clearly. But there isn't much it can do about it ("it" standing for other people's perception).

Acting professionally and according to international guidelines would go a long way toward a slightly less dark perception of Israel and its military forces.

"Feel free to elaborate on the white and grey that is to be found in using experimental weapons and white phosphorous in Lebanon." - Why would I want to support the wrong Israel had done? I haven't disagreed with you on everything.

Point being there is more black than white in pretty much all of Israel's military endeavors.

"Israel would undoubtedly cry out to the international community that its enemies are on its doorstep, and it needs some kind of buffer zone between it and them. If increasing the size of the nation was feasible, it would do so, thus expanding its access to resources in the region, creating some breathing space between it and everyone else. Keep in mind the only thing keeping Israel from blowing **** up in Iran is the US and its assets. According to Israel, everyone is a threat. This mindset fosters the need to expand for security purposes. The US doesn't expand into Spain and France because we're allies, we have nothing to gain from doing so, and logistically it'd cost us more to take the two nations than to let Europe handle Europe. The same is not true of Israel and its neighbors." - We will have to wait and see about that.

Indeed.

"Did you even read what you linked to? The first war was a result of outside forces deciding to partition Palestine for the sake of the Jews. No, it did not go over well with the Palestinians in much the way it would not go over well if the US decided, "Hey, we're going to go ahead and split up Israel and give part of it to....oh, I don't know. Zimbabwe." Okay, bye guys. Have fun." And of course, when the Palestinians began to get rightfully frustrated and angry and they began to act out, the British did basically nothing, despite being the reason **** went to hell in a handbasket in the first place.

The second one listed was a military response to guerilla attacks. Understandable. And then Unit 101 comes around, participates in a massacre, and Ariel Sharon later becomes PM. Awesomesauce. " - That's the thing, we both read the same articles and each understood it in his own favor.

It's a matter of who antagonized whom first. Starting a country in the middle of another country without their permission is fairly antagonistic.

"Glad that's working out for you guys. " - It's working out for you guys, too...

Our goals are completely different. While we're increasing our reach across the globe, and military victory in any campaign is but a tertiary objective, Israel continues to use the same tactics they've been using for over half a century, and all for naught. If anything, global opinion of Israel has only gone down as a result of recent choices and ventures. We know this better than anyone. But as stated, our objective is quite different from Israel's, and so we can afford certain losses of good will. Israel can not, as playing the victim has been its trump card since its inception, and is, in fact, the only reason it exists in the first place.

"They're also a sign of, "You stole the land of my father and his father, and I'm going to do what is necessary to take it back. Probably not going to win because your military might is almost entirely comprised of **** you were given by a superpower, but you know, we'll try anyway." - with addition of, "And I'm willing to jeopardize my own people and families".

If the majority of them were actually from Gaza, perhaps. This isn't the case however, as Gaza, much like Iraq and Afghanistan, is used as a proxy to further militant goals in the region eg. force Israel's hand, making bad decisions and ultimately making the world less sympathetic.

"You're right. The bears were there in the forest that is called Palestine. And then Israel decided to set up shop right in the middle of it. Who's to blame? The bears or the Israelis?" - Israel's foundation isn't what I'm here to color in white. I could only protect it if I were religious since then Jerusalem would have be important to me.

If we're to argue who is right and who is wrong, though neither side is, we need to start from the beginning.

"I don't know what you just said, but I'll reaffirm that bulldozing continues in Gaza, where they primarily knock down houses currently occupied by Palestinians and then move their own dudes in. " - That's probably one of those "the action might be JUST but the means of accomplishment is perceived malicious". Stick to your opinion then.

It's been going on long enough that we can determine the means of removing the Palestinians and the why. Again, not so much an opinion as an inferrence based on internal documents and observation over a prolonged period of time.

"Surprisingly enough, I probably wouldn't agree with the ravings of a Scientologist, either. Because what they spout is false. For me, this isn't so much a matter of opinion as it is a matter of historical fact. I can literally look back and see the events, a play by play if you will, and witness everything objectively because I wasn't a participant nor was I alive during that time period." - There is no comparing Israel with Scientology since Israel is supplying explanations that smell fishy but are not total lunacy in the world we are living in. And just because you're one to view things "objectively" does not mean that you are right. There are others to view things objectively and think exactly the other way around. Plus I can't remember an argument you ever went this far in and switched sides. You pick a side and stick with it to the very end of the debate. I stick with my side in general but it does not mean I do not see flaws in my country. If you really want to make it seem objective then at least point out the bad in both and you might even find me switching sides; however, that is not how you roll.

I have yet to "switch sides" because you've yet to provide a legitimate argument as to why I should favor Israel despite all of its wrongdoings. As for Israel's explanations for its military campaigns and general domestic and foreign policy, they're about on par with that of Scientology's explanations for whatever it is they believe in that the leaders of the aforementioned country and organization do not actually believe what they say, and are willingly and consciously attempting to manipulate public perception to suit their goals.

"Considering the global community at large condemned Israel's raid on the flotilla, I think perhaps it should be you to provide some kind of evidence suggesting Israel decided to use loud sounds to pacify the protesters." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrX7fznVgI&feature=relmfu Let me know what you can decipher because if anything it only leaves more room for questions. Oh, and no rapid rifle fire is to be seen or heard.

And yet, according to the UN analysis of the flotilla incident, "Forensic evidence [shows]that most of the deceased were shot multiple times, including in the back, or at close range...". In addition to live ammunition being used, flash bangs and smoke grenades were also fired into the crowds. Even if we were to pretend the grenades did nothing other than explode, the incendiary effects of those grenades would cause serious burns to an individual within the kill radius, which is generally about 5m.

For further reading:

http://www.un.org/News/dh/infocus/middle_east/Gaza_Flotilla_Panel_Report.pdf

"Oh really? Wow, I'd really like to see that video. You know, the one where they prepared weapons like....kitchen knives...that they used to cut meat and cook with....against the IDF before they even landed on the flotilla. Because again, they opened fire beforehand. " - I haven't seen any filmed testimony of the soldiers opening fire beforehand. Nor have you seen any filmed testimonial showing "IDF naval personnel encountered severe violence, including use of weaponry prepared in advance". So again, this arm wrestle did not touch the table's surface.

Quite the contrary, I've seen videos of the protesters in one of the six ships attempt to repel the QRF with metal poles and knives, and one even grabbed a pistol from one of them. But again, that was after the initial assault by the QRF. It isn't like they were throwing spears at the helos or boats before they entered the boat.

5 characters: Peace!
You may not understand why I keep posting 5 characters and other words that amount to 5 characters, so I'll explain. You can't post just a quote. Your actual post has to have a minimum of 5 characters in order for it to be considered legitimate and not just spam. As I respond inside of your quote, it is necessary for me to end my post this way unless I want to say something that I haven't already said. More often than not, I don't feel the need to.

sg2

Best answers
Right, both sides are anything but moderate. Because you have seen it all happening before your very eyes and not by reading it all in texts.
Maybe you haven't listened to enough Extremist Arabic lectures to discern how violently and eerily their minds are set on Israel. In Israel they do not encourage you to murder Arabs. Period.
There is an anger deep inside mixed with mistrust, but there is hope for peace. If the Extremist Arabs keep on preaching, "an eye for an eye!" then we will all go blind.
I do not hate Germans just because of the holocaust and I don't want to "return the favor". I just want everyone to see eye to eye and hate another human being only if he/she made him/herself something wrong and not generalize.

"If we're to argue who is right and who is wrong, though neither side is, we need to start from the beginning. "
No, because even if Israel was wrong to begin with, you have to realize there is a new generation living in this land. You can't just shove them off to water and go, "there, now we're even". It has to be executed in a humane way.

"Acting professionally and according to international guidelines would go a long way toward a slightly less dark perception of Israel and its military forces. " - Actually, I personally feel as if Israel is getting the message and is learning what should not be done next time. Hopefully the arguments in the near future will be in the form of, "Israel has made a lot of errors in its past, and gradually learnt from them".

And in the flotilla YouTube I sent you there really isn't any shooting going on from the guys roping in. I don't know what happens afterwards but the roping in part seems pretty neutral.

I guess, though, that Israel would have been wiser to have shown the humanitarian aid being delivered despite the flotilla incident. Nevertheless, with a fine black brush and a good painter I bet we could eliminate that, if it were to happen, too.

"I have yet to "switch sides" because you've yet to provide a legitimate argument as to why I should favor Israel despite all of its wrongdoings. As for Israel's explanations for its military campaigns and general domestic and foreign policy, they're about on par with that of Scientology's explanations for whatever it is they believe in that the leaders of the aforementioned country and organization do not actually believe what they say, and are willingly and consciously attempting to manipulate public perception to suit their goals. " - Not because of its explanations but because Israel is more humane. Less violent with less extremists and less mean intentions. You will not switch sides anytime soon, I get it, but time is a much more powerful mind changing tool than any arbitrary argument I can throw at you.

Thanks for enlightening me of that quoting feature where you must type 5 characters min.

Good luck in your coming journey!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nothing Praetor.

*debate commercial break*

Israel vs Iran soon, will the US intervene as usual?

STAY TUNED to find out more!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, both sides are anything but moderate. Because you have seen it all happening before your very eyes and not by reading it all in texts.
Maybe you haven't listened to enough Extremist Arabic lectures to discern how violently and eerily their minds are set on Israel. In Israel they do not encourage you to murder Arabs. Period.
There is an anger deep inside mixed with mistrust, but there is hope for peace. If the Extremist Arabs keep on preaching, "an eye for an eye!" then we will all go blind.
I do not hate Germans just because of the holocaust and I don't want to "return the favor". I just want everyone to see eye to eye and hate another human being only if he/she made him/herself something wrong and not generalize.

Israelis do not believe in an eye for an eye? The stated goal for the retribution operations during the 50's and 60's was to "...getting a high 'blood cost' among the enemy side which was believed to be necessary in order to deter them from committing future attacks." This comes from the wikipedia article you linked. If what happened in Lebanon not too long ago was Israel pulling its punches, then perhaps the world has a greater enemy in Israel than originally perceived. Of course, that isn't the truth, as Israel went all out in Lebanon and was still unable to eradicate their foe.

"If we're to argue who is right and who is wrong, though neither side is, we need to start from the beginning. "
No, because even if Israel was wrong to begin with, you have to realize there is a new generation living in this land. You can't just shove them off to water and go, "there, now we're even". It has to be executed in a humane way.

So we ignore the original reason why the Arabs are furious at Israel, and start off where the Arabs are seemingly attacking for no reason whatsoever? That doesn't make sense to me. That would force us to ignore the fact the Israel sneak attacked Arab nations to expand its territory, which would later create the alliance that hounds them to this day.

"Acting professionally and according to international guidelines would go a long way toward a slightly less dark perception of Israel and its military forces. " - Actually, I personally feel as if Israel is getting the message and is learning what should not be done next time. Hopefully the arguments in the near future will be in the form of, "Israel has made a lot of errors in its past, and gradually learnt from them".

And what actions have led you to this conclusion?

And in the flotilla YouTube I sent you there really isn't any shooting going on from the guys roping in. I don't know what happens afterwards but the roping in part seems pretty neutral.

The video also doesn't show flash bangs and smoke grenades going off, nor does it show any of the dead protesters, but it has been verified that they were used and people were indeed killed. Point being, a video released by the IDF to clear the IDF of suspicion is not exactly evidence to be taken without a continent of salt, especially since the events have been independently verified multiple times.

I guess, though, that Israel would have been wiser to have shown the humanitarian aid being delivered despite the flotilla incident. Nevertheless, with a fine black brush and a good painter I bet we could eliminate that, if it were to happen, too.

What?

"I have yet to "switch sides" because you've yet to provide a legitimate argument as to why I should favor Israel despite all of its wrongdoings. As for Israel's explanations for its military campaigns and general domestic and foreign policy, they're about on par with that of Scientology's explanations for whatever it is they believe in that the leaders of the aforementioned country and organization do not actually believe what they say, and are willingly and consciously attempting to manipulate public perception to suit their goals. " - Not because of its explanations but because Israel is more humane. Less violent with less extremists and less mean intentions. You will not switch sides anytime soon, I get it, but time is a much more powerful mind changing tool than any arbitrary argument I can throw at you.

More humane? Again, I give you Lebanon and 60+ years of military history where the stated goal was to inflict as much pain and shed as much blood as possible in order to make their enemies think the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Israel has inflicted far more damage on the people of Gaza than Gaza could ever hope to do to Israel.
Just as an aside, look up China's newest stealth fighter and tell me that isn't an F-35 with different markings. Thanks, Israel.

Discord Member
Best answers
truth is .... Israel is hiding behind the acts of the World Wars to get WORLD DOMINATION!!!!

sg2

Best answers
Sorry for replying late but you wouldn't be here to read for a long while anyway so it shouldn't bother you.

I guess the bottom line in our argument is that you disagree with me almost about everything (if not all) and I disagree with you in the general aspect and a lot less in the specifics. Country-wise, too.

I would even dare add that the main reason you dislike & distrust Israel is because of that incident with China's newest stealth fighter.
The rest is just, "as a result of Israel's incident giving me a bad taste, I incline towards the opposing side".

Now even though I am defending Israel's side, I'm not that proud to be an Israeli. Anyhow, I would be even less proud to belong to the opposing side any day.
Rather than claim Israel is innocent on all accounts; I would much rather focus on how mean and inconsiderate the other countries are culture-wise.
Again, not country-wise. You have only had the chance to speak (or chat) with Israelis, but just how many times did you get the chance to speak (or chat) with extremist Arabs on our borders?

They condemn me to die just because I was born Jewish. They are racist in insane measures. They are primitive because they are over-populated, lacking education and are mostly poor; but they are primitive nonetheless and that makes it all the more difficult to come into an agreement with them. It is very important that I add to this sentence, "NOT ALL OF THEM". There are many exceptions who are just too frightened to show themselves and speak up.

"Israel has inflicted far more damage on the people of Gaza than Gaza could ever hope to do to Israel. "
The devil is in the details. Would your country do nothing about incoming low-ranked missiles from a small neighboring country?
How about if that small country's guerrilla forces position themselves on top of innocent citizens' homes? What then? Spare the innocents? What if the so called "innocents" cooperated?
Give me a break, you have a very biased and selective sourcing habit. It is exactly as you stated, "the stated goal was to inflict as much pain and shed as much blood as possible in order to make their enemies think the juice wasn't worth the squeeze". That was the goal on Gaza. "The owner has gone insane, don't mess with me ****heads!", and yet, the IDF was extremely pedant in not targeting innocent citizens, knowing bad-name givers such as yourself are all around the globe. You are a brilliant person, Onix, but that doesn't make you right.

I see an open question you asked there, "And what actions have led you to this conclusion?" - that was in regards to me having faith in Israel learning from its past mistakes.
The answer? The radio. I hear the politicians on the radio; Ehud Barak who was Prime Minister and will be a candidate yet again, speaks words of wisdom that sooth my doubts. He is worried about Israel having a bad image internationally and so he would lead the country in a way that you would favor over the current one. When he was Prime Minister he ordered Israeli settlers to be cleared out of their homes and brought into Israeli lands more in proximity to its center. Arabs got their homes back and are living there peacefully even as I type. He lost a lot of votes for that but he has a good chance of returning to the top of the Pyramid.

Gah, I can't believe you wrote that but let's bring it again:
ME: "No, because even if Israel was wrong to begin with, you have to realize there is a new generation living in this land. You can't just shove them off to water and go, "there, now we're even". It has to be executed in a humane way."

YOU: "So we ignore the original reason why the Arabs are furious at Israel, and start off where the Arabs are seemingly attacking for no reason whatsoever? That doesn't make sense to me. That would force us to ignore the fact the Israel sneak attacked Arab nations to expand its territory, which would later create the alliance that hounds them to this day."

I didn't ignore anything. I stated, "even if Israel was wrong to begin with,". You simply misread that. A solution must be made but shoving Israelis into sea-water is inhumane. And as long as violence is your answer, you can expect no handshakes. And before you purposely misinterpret me, I was referring to the alliances that hound Israel to this day, and that "VIOLENCE" is not a solution. Let me take the words out of your mouth: "And Israel's solution is violence" - and that's exactly the problem in this debate/argument we are having.

Your first paragraph, "Israelis do not believe in an eye for an eye? The stated goal for the retribution operations during the 50's and 60's was to "...getting a high 'blood cost' among the enemy side which was believed to be necessary in order to deter them from committing future attacks." This comes from the wikipedia article you linked." - Pfft, you interpret eye for an eye as the same thing as deterring your foe with excessive force? If back in school some bully with scissors tries cutting your hair because you called him bald and he thinks that it is legit, you would first off give a warning. Then if he persists you would hit the scissors. Then if he picks the scissors up again, and the teacher isn't listening to your cries, you punch him hard and fast so that he would learn the hard way not to pick up on you. That is not an eye for an eye, that is self defense. That is precisely what I mean when I bring up, "difference in cultures", by the way.

" If what happened in Lebanon not too long ago was Israel pulling its punches, then perhaps the world has a greater enemy in Israel than originally perceived. Of course, that isn't the truth, as Israel went all out in Lebanon and was still unable to eradicate their foe. " - First section of your sentence is pointless; because yes, if you try to attack Israel, you are in danger. Israel and other countries alike. Second section of your sentence has much truth in it, Israel was in gamer terms: LAME!!! ...Very unprepared, ridicules, ineffective and amateurish. It operated in a crappy manner but has learnt many tactical lessons from its scar. Hopefully we will not have a proof of that.

There is a Greek wise saying,
"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world".
Socrates, from Plutarch, Of Banishment
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Nor am I an Israeli or a Palestinian.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suspect Zeo is going to hand you your ass for this rant of yours. >: If he doesn't, I will.

sg2

Best answers
"I suspect Zeo is going to hand you your ass for this rant of yours. >: If he doesn't, I will."
Good luck to him.

NOW, Show me what you've got!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom