Another Tien! :D

Best answers
You should always back up models you are working for because I accidentally deleted my Goku model the other day..oh well, I didn't really like it anyway. I found a great Tien Ref by davidskiwan (thx heaps :D, couldnt have done it without your refs!!) and i started working on a tien model. the area between the shoulder and arm looks stuffed and his back is too blocky but im working on it.

ok now for the pic give critz...

o yea and by the way anyone with links to any good skinmapping and skinning tuts please pm me because i really want to learn how to skin cuz the tut in the stickies dont work :D

thx in advance

Best answers
Is polyflow the thing where you have all your polies lined up neatly so they look lyk squares so that your model will look neater and it will deform correctly?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now as you can tell from looking at it this is my first draw over, the only reason i did it is that i want tien in 1.3 alot and the only way thats gonna happen is if somone finishes a model, so im putting in my 2 cents...
-

also i have only very limited modeling knowledge whatsoever

Best answers
Im planning on releasing this for 1.2 :D I'm gonna get/make the sounds and sprites for it then I'm gonna assign it to an esf skele (not sure wich one yet, i have my eyes set on picolo)

ontopic: thx for the drawover, do u think the belt is too large because i checked out other pics of tien and it seems so

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't look too bad, for for 1.2? o_O

ummm well the models in 1.2 look awsome, and this one looks.... medium... sorry :(

But i am sure you will improve it, it looks like a good start. :]

Best answers
I like mine betta so far XD

Do what I did. Use David's tien ref for image planes.

Best answers
jp said:
Doesn't look too bad, for for 1.2?

ummm well the models in 1.2 look awsome, and this one looks.... medium... sorry

But i am sure you will improve it, it looks like a good start.
Yup im gonna improve it, it hasn't been skinned and im fixing lots of stuff as we speak. by the way not all the models in 1.2 are that great, the goku and fatbuu models aren't that awesome (no offence to the people who made them of course) but the others yup are :yes:

Ethereal said:
I like mine betta so far XD

Do what I did. Use David's tien ref for image planes.
sorry im stupid, wats an image plane?

and im changing the trousers to some like what tweek and chireu did for their buu (excpet low polyer) so i can animate them nicely

can somebody please tell me how to fix polyflow correctly and pm me a skinmap tutorial while youre at it?

Best answers
he means a background image that u use in milkshape as ref,but i think you already did that.that model looks ok,but remodel his head and try to put some detail in his arms

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His neck/head region suck an enourmous amount.

Best answers
I did the head as the csgirl tut told me to do so I think ill leave that but ill move a few polygons around so that the head is more of a circular shape. As for the neck part i think i will redo it in top view so i can make the model neater and cut down on a few polys. I think ill post an update 2moro since im at school rite now :D

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, what a constructive comment you have there owa [/sarcasm],

perhaps youd like to add some criticism and/or comments on how to improve it? otherwise, keep comments like "it sucks" to yourself

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
His neck/head region suck an enourmous amount.
so do you so go set fire to your hair or something.l (warn me for flaming if you must nadz but he deserves it)

could you post a closeup of the head? i can give a quick drawover to show good polyflow then. it doesnt look bad, it could just use some tweaking :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is the face upside down? Pretty good for a noob :)

Best answers
Ill post a closeup of the head tomorow..

Im just at school and my friend also said the heads upside down...im really confused, maybe its the angle of the smoothshaded version or the poly coloring that makes it look like that but his head is not upside down

~~~~~UPDATES!!~~~~~

Here is the close up of the head with bad polyflow!

And here is a little update. I deattatched the arms from the body and deleted the area under the arms because that has bad polyflow so I'm going to remodel it. Does anybody know where to get a good poly by poly arm tutorial? I also redone the front of the torso thanks to one of Dave's refs again! I used smoothing groups as well but does anybody know why the duplicated section of the abs smoothed out looks stuffed?

Ok enough talking for me give critz!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said on msn, the eyes are further forward than the cheeks, which is one of the main problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would give ya a tip: Redo it completly outa the legs... more i cannot say... i even cannot crit it.. im sorry!

Best answers
Hey Tryforce, whats so bad about the legs anyway? And when i redo them should i do them poly by poly or just use cylinders like the way i did before because i have no idea how to do poly by poly legs!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care how lame this look's but:
Try to skin the head like that (Not sloppy I just did like 3 brushing parts to it) Make it detailed, Just make sure to skin the head like I did (NOT SLOPPY!!!!) with detail because the old looked like a upsidedown skin.

Best answers
Umm..that wasn't a skin, I just poly-coloured the colors of they eyes. When i skin it i will do what you said thanks! by the way planning to post a update later on the day

~~~~~UPDATES~~~~~

Here you go, and please ignore the hands, thats my first attempt and really sux!

Give critz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom