anger management :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe a better way to do this would be to help the ESFn00bs out with the experiances players. if a player dies lets say... 10+ times in a row without a single kill in those 10 deaths then they get suped up for that one life. so lets say on the 15th respawn with no kills they get a super charged kame or a 3 hit kill type thing. this would help out the n00bs and give a challenge to the experianced players

Best answers
They mobilize powers they could not mobilize in other situations. This is a biological effect. It also appears in real life, so don't try to tell us that it doesn't exist ;)

Orz

Best answers
Exactly, it appears in real life - which is why we don't have to emulate it in the game! Look, let's say that you're playing ESF against Player(1). Player(1) is annoying you by constantly spamming you with generic beams. So, you lose your temper, fly over to him and melee him into the ground. Now that is your biological effect, and that's what happens in the show. It shouldn't affect your PL - the temper effect is player-side, not game-side.

I mean, if Gohan had a special attack like 'Mad Jumping Spider Monkey Ray' that he used when he was angry, then I'd be all for putting in an anger bar. But I don't think it's necessary. Players can go ahead and get angry already, without adding technical considerations to make your character get angry too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orz said:
I mean, if Gohan had a special attack like 'Mad Jumping Spider Monkey Ray' that he used when he was angry, then I'd be all for putting in an anger bar.
lolol thats classic

Best answers
Of course it should. Adrenaline doesn't only affect what you do, it also affect how you do it. You automatically sense less pain and can mobilize more power.

Orz

Best answers
Isn't adrenaline caused by a sense of self-preservation rather than anger? I'd think the fighters would constantly be under the affect of andrenaline. They're fighting for their lives, after all. Anger just causes a loss of judgment and rational thought.

Best answers
Adrenaline appears everytime the body prepares for "fight or flight", which includes the period of time before a fight

Orz

Best answers
But does adrenaline really increase your ki, energy, your power? Don't the martial arts emphasise calm and tranquility as a way to increase the spiritual aura of your body, and thus your PL? And yes, I realise this is a pretty weak counter to the debate... curses!

Best answers
you cant keep using examples from real life then from the show and so on, they have know relation, because one is a cartoon and the other is real life, i think the anger thing is very applicable because it goes with the whole theme of things, i mean why not get angry and get some power boost or what not. Heck they can fly and fire beams out of there hands, an anger theme seems even more sensible than that im sure you could argue for a while about i,t but nothing in this game really makes sense when you compare it to something completely different, an adrenaline does increase strength (among other things) so says scientific tests, clam is only for increased focus

Orz

Best answers
You totally missed my point there. Completely. In fact, my point has never been so missed before. I'm trying to say that anger in the show does not make them stronger, and then SSJ-Piccolo and I got sidetracked into a debate. The real life thing was an EXAMPLE of how people lose their temper without actually becoming stronger, instead doing violent and irrational things. I don't think you read my first post, to be honest...

Best answers
I think you are stuck on the word "anger". "Anger bar". It's not neccessarily "anger". It is the point at which a character will 'snap' and gain some benefit from that. Emotion is probably a better word for it.

Emotion covers a lot of things which affect people when they are placed in situations they normally wouldn't be in. Adrenaline often leads to increased strength, speed, agility etc. Anger probably leads to more strength, but only for a short period after which the person is drained.

This being a game, such an "emotion" feature wouldn't have to stay true to the rules of science and psychology. I figure the "emotion bar" could be implemented for a number of things:
1. Special moves for each character which, if connect to an opponent, performs a melee combo with flashy fan-fare. (Think Toshinden limit breaks)
2. Extra strength in power struggles. Mixing 'emotion' from the emotion bar with ki from the ki pool (perhaps, pressing both buttons at once) could push the struggle into ones favour.
3. For pushing power levels up, or for making a transformation perform faster or from a lower powerlevel.

There is probably other things you could use such a feature for.

Best answers
no i didnt miss any point thats if you had one, this is a sugestion forum for a DBZ mod, so your "real life "examples must have some realtion to it, that or you like to talk about irrelivant stuff and also havent you heard that story of a boy trapped under a car and the mother lifts it of him, in a normal sense she couldnt do that, but still she did. Anyway how do you know that the dbz characters dont gain special powers and what not when the get angry, goku got angry when freeza kill his mates and he when super sayjin! that wouldnt have happened if he wasnt angered, same goes for gohan so thus anger does have some special effect on them probarly in the fact it motivates and rids them of there reservations but on those ocasions they did get stronger, it doesnt matter if its physical of phycological.

Best answers
I agree with Catfish.. emotion bar would be a better word for it. It'd be even cooler if it had some awesome sound to go along with it. Like gohan mentally breaking, and bursting out in tears, but forgetting all about his physical limits, and overcoming a huge powerstruggle, but then being completley drained for awhile afterwards (say.. 5 seconds or so)

Best answers
So who ever has been beaten around the most can Win With Ease?! the person losing....wins...because they're losing...
Is it just me or does that not 'really' make sence?
(or the person with the worst team mate, that team wins because they have the worst player. ... ? )

Best answers
i really hate this idea, everybody would just get beaten up until their bar fills and then do something thats lame

Best answers
1. The emotion bar fills up relatively slowly compared to the rest of the action in the game. If you get flogged around for 8-10 deaths in a row then you would have a full emotion bar.

2. The emotion bar also fills as you hit people, so the winners are also getting the chance to use it just not as often as people that are losing.

3. The moves that the emotion bar allows you to perform are not "1 hit kill" or "kill all on the map that are X close to you" things. You would still have to line someone up AND connect it to them. They could block it as well which would either nullify the attack completely or you would perform the combo and they block it all taking only a small amount of HP from them (5 max-ish)

4. It would be designed to be balanced. Like everything else in ESF, so it wouldn't ruin the game.

5. It could also be made so you have to have a HP less than X to perform the move. This was also in Toshinden 2 called "desperation" moves. They could only be done while your health was in flashing red, and would take about 80% of your opponents health. (probably not a good idea to take that much health, but the conditions for performing moves idea could be used).

If the ESF team implemented such a feature, they would balance it out. It wouldn't suck. I like it because they can use an emotion bar for so many things in the game which adds to its game-play-ability.

Best answers
1. The emotion bar fills up relatively slowly compared to the rest of the action in the game. If you get flogged around for 8-10 deaths in a row then you would have a full emotion bar.

2. The emotion bar also fills as you hit people, so the winners are also getting the chance to use it just not as often as people that are losing.
So if the winner gets it for winning, and the loser gets it for losing....whats the point?
so everyone can have a turn at 'owning' ?!

in my opinion, if you really suck, you shouldn't be allowed to own. you should be forced to get you skill better, not be given hand-outs and make the skil everyone else already has ussless.

Best answers
but if you only have the rage factor for a few seconds, just long enough to meele someone into a wall and kill them with a charged-to-the-line kame, you wouldn't be 'owning'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orz said:
This old idea has flaws... firstly, the idea of anger in the series only applies to the Saiyans. And even then it's not consistent - only Gohan becomes more POWERFUL by being angry. Vegeta just uses up all his ki recklessly. It's not the same thing, and it often costs Vegeta the fight anyway. Vegeta loses his self-control, he doesn't become stronger.

For other characters, anger means nothing. Frieza was positively enraged when things didn't go his way, but that didn't make him stronger Gohan-style, it just made his defeat more humiliating. Anger didn't help Cell, anger didn't help the young Mirai Trunks and Mirai Gohan against the Androids (or any of the future Z Fighters, for that matter). In the Majin Buu saga, everybody who got angry at Buu was eaten, killed or absorbed - Dabura, Vegeta, Gotenks - yet the one who knocked Super Buu around like a pinball, Mystic Gohan, did it by being completely calm and confident. Doesn't that go against the whole concept of anger?

Anger and a sense of loss pushes Saiyans into their super forms. It doesn't make anybody stronger except for Gohan, and Gohan reached his full potential by letting that anger go.
Anger helped Cell some, with his anger he killed Goku (angry he couldnt win so be blew himself up) he made himself far stronger than gohan but by sacrificing speed. I think Cell should be able to have more speed and less damage or more damage and less speed. And in the end, it was his rage that brought him back from 1 Cell to kill Gohan.
-UltraPerfectCel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom