Android 17

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe you, but from the picture of the UVWs you posted thats the only one that has a weird shape compared to the actual model.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Grega is right and it is that simple actually. Just fix how he explained and you will see yourself.

Best answers
You guys dont seem to understand that the model looks prefectly fine until I add more detail to the texture...that is the wierd problem. I even tried to make the texture in zbrush and it also looked jagged up, so its not just simply moving the uv-points

--- edit ---

I'm actually starting to get sick and tired of the 17 model, can't you just accept it without back pockets?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heeeeere we go.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want to see that crappy version of #17 in game at all.

Best answers
Oh no you did not just say that...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't speak for the team, but I would imagine that they would want you to make changes to the model that would be needed.

As I posted a few pages back, as tired of the model as you might be, if you expect the model to be used you're probably going to have to be more willing to make changes and additions to it. It's all a part of being an artist.

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You guys dont seem to understand that the model looks prefectly fine until I add more detail to the texture...that is the wierd problem. I even tried to make the texture in zbrush and it also looked jagged up, so its not just simply moving the uv-points
Sounds like you'll need to find another method, maybe redo the butt area to fix the issue. Take a day or two away from 17 and come back when you aren't burnt out on it to think and see more clearly. When you are frustrated on your project ie, riggin, animating, modeling ect. That means you are burnt out. You need to take a break and come back looking at it in a different perspective. Think of an alternative rather then trying to force it to work. I've had that issue many times when rigging or animating, even for the schools I attended.

You got this Zero, just keep clear headed and focused. Learn and research what you need to get the result you want. :cool:

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
It's just weird that modifying the texture causes UV issues, somehow that means to me the UV coords change. BUUUT if it's just the pockets...daamn i can live without them. I won't stare at his ass while playing

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Isnt it possible for him to pass the model to anyone on the team that can fix it ?

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm just too lazy to turn on 3d editor again even though it takes 10 minutes to fix this.

Best answers
Sounds like you'll need to find another method, maybe redo the butt area to fix the issue. Take a day or two away from 17 and come back when you aren't burnt out on it to think and see more clearly. When you are frustrated on your project ie, riggin, animating, modeling ect. That means you are burnt out. You need to take a break and come back looking at it in a different perspective. Think of an alternative rather then trying to force it to work. I've had that issue many times when rigging or animating, even for the schools I attended.

You got this Zero, just keep clear headed and focused. Learn and research what you need to get the result you want. :cool:
Thanx for the tips man :)

It's just weird that modifying the texture causes UV issues, somehow that means to me the UV coords change. BUUUT if it's just the pockets...daamn i can live without them. I won't stare at his ass while playing
EXACTLY, but yeah, some people actually might (helv) be just doing that!

I'm just too lazy to turn on 3d editor again even though it takes 10 minutes to fix this.
OH SERIOUSLY, I want to see you try it

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're just gonna have to live with it, or don't play the game at all...
I'm boycotting your #17's addition to the game.

Better add this:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't you worry. Tomorrow i have spare time and i'll fix it for you.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
OH SERIOUSLY, I want to see you try it
Yeah, won't happen unfortunately. Igor will fix it for you and ask him to explain you how UV works, because if Grega's drawover failed in explaining as it was top notch explanation, probably the only solution would be is showing you live.

And @HLEV:
I am not a fan of pseudo cartoon style, but Zero Corez's Android is much better looking actually, in terms of detail and texturing style. The one you have showed is way too old for current ESF possibilities.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
If the latest rendition of Zero's model goes live I can easily imagine that Hlev will actually boycott his model and would probably rather die than be seen trying out Android #17! I hope you solve the problem that has been bugging you for a while Zero, for your own sake so that you can be a lot prouder of your achievement when it gets included rather than not pushing through and "going all the way"! Remember, you are considered an artist for this project.. do your best until you are finished.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And @HLEV:
I am not a fan of pseudo cartoon style, but Zero Corez's Android is much better looking actually, in terms of detail and texturing style. The one you have showed is way too old for current ESF possibilities.
I wasn't completely serious. It has backpockets though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom