Android 17

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am expecting more maturity on the forum and this is becoming off-topic.

What I am picking up from the both of you is you 2 are being passive aggressive and I need you guys to stop.
Just to make a little correction this is called active aggressive not passive.

On topic. I think it looks good. Aside from one of the hairs looking like it comes out of his forehead (at least that's what I see from the distance), looks quite well done.

Best answers
Just to make a little correction this is called active aggressive not passive.

On topic. I think it looks good. Aside from one of the hairs looking like it comes out of his forehead (at least that's what I see from the distance), looks quite well done.
Thanx! But you see, I made sure that those two hairs in front weren't coming out of his forehead (because mr.helv said it wasn't anime-accurate) so I am pretty sure it's only the shadows!!

--- edit ---

No wait, forget it, it IS coming out of his forehead. I thought I changed that lol xD

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think the gray area over his forehead should be slightly bigger in height. Like 15-20% bigger. Looking forward to the "small hair coming out of forehead" fix. Add back pockets and you're done.

His body proportions are different than in the series, but whatever, I can't be bothered with this anymore.

Last edited:
Best answers
I still think the gray area over his forehead should be slightly bigger in height. Like 15-20% bigger. Looking forward to the "small hair coming out of forehead" fix. Add back pockets and you're done.

His body proportions are different than in the series, but whatever, I can't be bothered with this anymore.
Ok... I did fix his hair, but 'ugh' the pockets... it won't let me add them >.<

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldn't pockets just be part of the skin? How is it harder than drawing them on his butt

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Try tweaking the UV's. That should do it. Just change it and spectate how it affects the texture, or just re-uv map the shoe-pad from scratch.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'm pretty sure the edges problem is an issue with the UV itself, not the texture.

Best answers
Try tweaking the UV's. That should do it. Just change it and spectate how it affects the texture, or just re-uv map the shoe-pad from scratch.
It's not the uvmap, I think this model is cursed!!
I tried every thing, I made new uvmap for those parts, but it didn't work. I even remodeled these parts and still got the same problem!!! Not sure what else to do than leaving it as it is!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tweak the model - thats should fix it

If its not working, delete everything other than whole foot (if you're not for sharing whole model), upload it here as obj and send it with texture. I can fix it for you and then explain you what you should do

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill be blunt. Thats one weird UV.

The UVW is eliptical while the model itself is not. That causes the texture to strech and contract to fit the elipse of the UVW on the model. And because of that you are getting deformations in the texture round the edge of the sole.

The easiest way to fix it would be to add a separate ring just for the stripless (darker) part of the sole, though that would increase the poly count. A different idea is to do it over in a way that doesnt stretch (A.K.A. copy the shape of the model directly to the UVW)

Best answers
Tweak the model - thats should fix it

If its not working, delete everything other than whole foot (if you're not for sharing whole model), upload it here as obj and send it with texture. I can fix it for you and then explain you what you should do
I might be able to upload the files, however, I am not sure when I can do it(maybe tomorrow)

Ill be blunt. Thats one weird UV.

The UVW is eliptical while the model itself is not. That causes the texture to strech and contract to fit the elipse of the UVW on the model. And because of that you are getting deformations in the texture round the edge of the sole.

The easiest way to fix it would be to add a separate ring just for the stripless (darker) part of the sole, though that would increase the poly count. A different idea is to do it over in a way that doesnt stretch (A.K.A. copy the shape of the model directly to the UVW)
I did once make an edge loop there, and it still doesn't work! And I am not sure what you mean by
A.K.A. copy the shape of the model directly to the UVW)
Now, the funny and bizarre thing is that without that ring and the pockets, the textures are perfectly normal, there is absolutely no stretching. But once I added these extra details, it got messed up (as you could see above)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Grega..those few polys don't matter at all. We could easily use 12k tris per model without any fps drop ingame. I'll just remeber you how many polys the grass renders :D All higher class DX10 GPUs will crunch triangles

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Yes, it's because of uv's. Fix the uv's first and redo the textures after.

Best answers
Hi guys!!!!!
sorry I havent been able to post anything since I've been REALLY sick, I was dying (no, I wasn't). But now I'm a little better and can get back to work. Last time dead hunter wanted me to upoload the foot.
Here is the bottom part of the shoes and the upper part of the pants (where the pockets were supposed to be)
http://puu.sh/fySmF/c9134eb3b1.obj

--- edit ---

Oh, I forgot, do you need the textures? Or will you just experiment with it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a quick mspaint job, but i placed the foot and the UVWs next to each other.

I then placed the arrows next to the verts on the UVWs. Basically the arrow starts at a vert, and it points in to the direction the texture will be stretched to fit on the coresponding vert on the model itself. I didnt do all of them, just the most obvious ones. And keep in mind that im not a modeler and i only know the basics. So that means either the UVs in that area are really bad or there is a technique for texture deformation that im not aware of. But from my perspective its the UVW thats messed up.

UVW.jpg

Remember the UVWs are absolute. How you place the verts on the UVWs so they will be placed on the texture coordinates. But if the model has a different form, then the texture will be deformed in order to fit the shape of the UVW on to the model. Meaning itll freely deform the texture while keeping true to the UVW coordinates and force it in to the shape of the model. Thats where you are getting your texture deformation from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom