Android 16 Wip tips

Best answers
Best answers
Looks really good dude, awesome job.

-Make earrings more circular
-Remember he can take off his forearms to do his signature move, I'd like to see what that looks like.
-I think his boots should be the same color as his armor
-Put that Red Ribbon Army logo on there.
-He needs muscle definition especially in his legs

that's all I can think of right now, keep it up dude.

Best answers
thanx, i have already made his earings more cirkular, now about the logo and the mucles defenition, i will make them a part of the texture, you know, a normal map can take care of that really good

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yeah but be aware that a normalmap can't fake silhouettes^^ and sadly ESF doesn't support tesselation

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You should use normal map for little details - like scratches, bumps. Things like bumps more than 3CM (or even less) should be modeled.

Best answers
So instead of making the muscle definition a part of the nm i should model it instead?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So instead of making the muscle definition a part of the nm i should model it instead?
Nah in your case a normal map should be perfectly fine for muscles and texture structures :)

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright then, now i will start your favourit thing, im gonna texture it ;)
ESF usually uses a single 2048x2048 map for diffuse, normal and specular, try to fit everything on there except things that require alpha-transparency, that stuff needs to go on a separate material.

Best answers
Duuuuuuuude >___>
You told me that the hair needed its own map, that is why i didnt model it yet

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Still don't see where it is :-/

Best answers
Model:model max. 7000polies
Textures: Diffuse, Normal and SpecularStrengthmap. 1 UVmap for the body and 1 for the hair. Bodytextures @2048x2048
The hair and eyes will be animated yes, for further information pls contact Darktooth :)
1 uvmap for the body and 1 for the hair!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah ok i see now. Well then, i guess Raven has to restate some things again, so it's affirmed.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok here are the facts again:

Due to the renderer materials that use either alpha-transparency or alpha-test transparency need to have their own materials.
They must be separated from the other materials.

We usually use one material (including diffuse, normal and spec) for the everything but alpha-transparent and alpha-test transparent things.

My statement with the hair might have been confusing. You only need to separate the hair IF and ONLY IF the hair is supposed to be either alpha-transparent or alpha-test transparent. If that is not the case then the hair does not have to be separated of course. Seeing Android 16's hair I think it might not be neccessary to separate it, but that is up to the artist eventually. What I'm saying is the property of transparency is what matters not the use case of hair or cloths or anything.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Very cool Android 16. Your skills have been improving! Nice work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom