Vegeta W.I.P.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Cool model, I can't wait to see this one finished. Once you get to the skinning, could you make a red saiyan version?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok
if you really insist on the wireframe mode then
http://puu.sh/6R7Ic.png
http://puu.sh/6R7KS.png
not bad at all :) keep progressing on it. However I have to agree with Ramunas completely, you should definitely take a look at Z-Brush especially once it goes towards UV-Mapping. Take a look at this:
[video=youtube;v6jjf5OpthU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jjf5OpthU[/video]

Best answers
hmm
zbrush=nightmare XD
i tried it and the camer is really hard, it takes about five minutes for me to get the veiw that i want, i really dont like it, BUT
if that would help me to do the model better then, ofcourse i will spend some more time on it. thanx for the tips :D

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hmm
zbrush=nightmare XD
i tried it and the camer is really hard, it takes about five minutes for me to get the veiw that i want, i really dont like it, BUT
if that would help me to do the model better then, ofcourse i will spend some more time on it. thanx for the tips :D
Yeah that's the fckin annoying point of Zbrush- it's camera, i really hate it too.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you just have to do some tutorials, it's really easy to handle once you get the hang out of it and it's definitely worth it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi, only here for one post. Robiz, you're looking fabulous as ever. :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good job on the progress, it looks a lot better than when you started. I'm wondering why the legs suddenly got really wide near the bottom, though? It looks like they're the boots, but it looks a little unnatural, even compared to the refs. Maybe it'll look better once there's a texture, but it just looks kind of weird to me right now.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
ZBrush these days is one of the most user friendly tools as most of the things can be done within single mouse clicks. Retopo tools are so advanced that you can get an almost perfect face topology within a single mouse button. Other areas are retopologized perfectly. However, I don't think that about 97% of well done retopo in two mouse clicks should be considered 'not as perfect'.

The brushes and it's flexibility for alpha channel textures is one of the easiest, yet astonishing, help the artists to get unseen details and quality. Layering system is magnificent as you can work on an old PC with low specs, as you can hide not only certain parts, but and certain areas which help you to get more FPS. The entire conception for UV mapping surprised me so much as I hoped it would take days to learn it, when actually it took me twenty minutes to get a decent results and master it within one hour, while I got a perfect uv's for a certain character mesh, just by marking areas.

Taking up to the next level the features for texturing and polymesh painting just shuts the doors for so old third party softwares such as topopaint and so forth, where the camera controllers WERE really messed up. The canvas controlling within ZBrush is really advanced. Trust me. The key for great and accurate sculpting is the tablet [not ipad or crap like most of people today will prefer].

The tutorial era for learning tools has ended within ZBrush release 3.5 as most of the features can be mastered within watching 'feature representation videos' which are usually few minutes long. The simplicity is so amazing, that even a 10 years old kid with no experience can take it. The developers have pushed theirselves into very unique algorythms for certain operations and I am pretty convinced that ZBrush will push all 3D editors very soon as it became not a tool just for normal maps, but as a tool, which serves as a normal all round editor. There are so many ways to achieve the same results and every way has it's own benefits. I highly recommend you to check some feature videos about zbrush about it and then continue discussion about it being 'really bad'. Keep in mind that most of the industry developers are using just ZBrush for almost everything starting with a modeling and finishing with texturing. 3D editors are becoming just tools for rigging/animating and rendering, yet most of the artists are representing it in actual game engines for the sake of time being.

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ZBrush these days is one of the most user friendly tools as most of the things can be done within single mouse clicks. Retopo tools are so advanced that you can get an almost perfect face topology within a single mouse button. The brushes and it's flexibility for alpha channel textures is one of the easiest, yet astonishing, help the artists to get unseen details and quality. Layering system is magnificent as you can work on an old PC with low specs, as you can hide not only certain parts, but and certain areas which help you to get more FPS. The entire conception for UV mapping surprised me so much as I hoped it would take days to learn it, when actually it took me twenty minutes to get a decent results and master it within one hour. The tutorial era for learning tools is ended within ZBrush release 3.5 as most of the features can be mastered within watching 'feature representation videos'. The simplicity is so amazing, that even a 10 years old kid with no experience can take it. The developers have pushed theirselves into very unique algorythms for certain operations and I am pretty convinced that ZBrush will push all 3D editors very soon as it became not a tool just for normal maps, but as a tool, which serves as a normal all round editor. There are so many ways to achieve the same results and every way has it's own benefits. I highly recommend you to check some feature videos about zbrush about it and then continue discussion about it being 'really bad'. Keep in mind that most of the industry developers are using just ZBrush for almost everything starting with a modeling and finishing with texturing. 3D editors are becoming just tools for rigging/animating and rendering, yet most of the artists are representing it in actual game engines for the sake of time being.
In my opinion, they should really consider on making an alternative working space, such as in mudbox, because sometimes, the camera gets too awkward, and you can't get angle you need. But yeah, the Uvw mapping and retopology is very good.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
In my opinion, they should really consider on making an alternative working space, such as in mudbox, because sometimes, the camera gets too awkward, and you can't get angle you need. But yeah, the Uvw mapping and retopology is very good.
That's unnecessary. Extra window, means extra rendering, which means more resources. It's much wisier to have less views. You just need to learn to control it. Trust me. It takes 10 minutes and you will feel like a fish in the sea.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's unnecessary. Extra window, means extra rendering, which means more resources. It's much wisier to have less views. You just need to learn to control it. Trust me. It takes 10 minutes and you will feel like a fish in the sea.
I didn't mean more windows or views. I meant the control of camera in one particular window or view, would be more comfortable, not as it is now. I just find it pretty complicated and uncomfortable as it is now. By alternative i meant, that you maintain the current system, and make one extra one, so people can choose.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The tutorial era for learning tools has ended within ZBrush release 3.5 as most of the features can be mastered within watching 'feature representation videos' which are usually few minutes long. The simplicity is so amazing, that even a 10 years old kid with no experience can take it. The developers have pushed theirselves into very unique algorythms for certain operations and I am pretty convinced that ZBrush will push all 3D editors very soon as it became not a tool just for normal maps, but as a tool, which serves as a normal all round editor. There are so many ways to achieve the same results and every way has it's own benefits. I highly recommend you to check some feature videos about zbrush about it and then continue discussion about it being 'really bad'. Keep in mind that most of the industry developers are using just ZBrush for almost everything starting with a modeling and finishing with texturing. 3D editors are becoming just tools for rigging/animating and rendering, yet most of the artists are representing it in actual game engines for the sake of time being.
I feel like this is the case with a lot of other things as well, and not just ZBrush. I think you can end up learning more if you just watch a video tutorial or a video of a modeler working in 3dsmax, Maya, etc, because you get to see how exactly they're making whatever they're making, frame by frame.

Best answers
you see, i REALLY hate uvmaping, i am trying to find a way to texture this model without uvtextureing :p
and Damaera the wide area on the legs are the boots, it doesnt show up due to the smooth shading

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you see, i REALLY hate uvmaping, i am trying to find a way to texture this model without uvtextureing :p
and Damaera the wide area on the legs are the boots, it doesnt show up due to the smooth shading
Well Uvw mapping is one thing that you'll have to deal with, or learn how to use zbrush in your advantage. Actually UVW mapping is like hardest, or rather annoying, thing to do with complex models, and tend to have unnecessary problems later.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you know what i did for the android model?
i just gave different parts some diferent colors and i got this http://puu.sh/6SrRq.jpg
Would be good if you could render it under better lighting.
But it looks like it's really good looking, despite the darkness.

Last edited:
Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey all, cool picture. I was wondering why I can't seem to post in many threads / post one myself. Anyway, don't worry about the forums, whenever you release the game all crowds will get back.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're learning really fast, tbh I didn't expect any decent results when I first opened this thread, but I'm checking in now on a regular basis.;D

Keep it up man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom