>> AMX MOD X PLUGIN >> corePowerLevel

System Architect
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Hi I'm Lord-of-Destruction
I'm working at the coder team of the Corona-Bytes.NET Community. This is a plugin, written for the HL-Addon AMX-MOD X and I heard a lot of people wanted it. This plugin distributes the same option that is used by our Server "The Ascend Zone" it gives the server admin the ability to set the start pl of the players. e.g. u can set the transformation pl so everybody is able to transform when joining the server, however mark that this plugin wont allow u to control the pl e.g. you can't set it to an value u want. This plugin just distributes the feature of different start pl values.

I hope you enjoy this plugin and I also hope that nobody tries to abuse it.

For help you should read the RTF provided in the zip archive.

Regards
Lord of Destruction
Corona-Bytes.NET

!Removed!

link taken out pending acceptance by the senior forum staff/team

Best answers
core | LoD said:
Hi I'm Lord-of-Destruction
I'm working at the coder team of the Corona-Bytes.NET Community. This is a plugin, written for the HL-Addon AMX-MOD X and I heard a lot of people wanted it. This plugin distributes the same option that is used by our Server "The Ascend Zone" it gives the server admin the ability to set the start pl of the players. e.g. u can set the transformation pl so everybody is able to transform when joining the server, however mark that this plugin wont allow u to control the pl e.g. you can't set it to an value u want. This plugin just distributes the feature of different start pl values.

I hope you enjoy this plugin and I also hope that nobody tries to abuse it.

For help you should read the RTF provided in the zip archive.

Regards
Lord of Destruction
Corona-Bytes.NET

Does it activate on console command?
Once installed can it be deactivated without being uninstalled?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinDruu said:
Does it activate on console command?
Once installed can it be deactivated without being uninstalled?
sure, just set the powerlevel to "normal" and it will be like it has been before.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* i was hoping this wouldn't be distributed.... It's going to be abused like a ***** now. Thanks a lot :S

Best answers
Wee, now I can make servers with a starting power of 100 (not million or thousand, just 100 :p)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offence; but the team has repeatedly stated that they will not make CVAR's that edit the starting PL, PL multipliers, or anything related to PL in ESF. Don't you think that releasing this plugin on the ESF forums is kind of like spitting in the face of the team?

Just my opinion.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
No offence; but the team has repeatedly stated that they will not make CVAR's that edit the starting PL, PL multipliers, or anything related to PL in ESF. Don't you think that releasing this plugin on the ESF forums is kind of like spitting in the face of the team?

Just my opinion.
Hmmmm... That's quite the interesting point...

Best answers
However , the game is to be enjoyed , and if you don't like the plugin witch alot of people say they don't exit servers with it active ...
I can't see the harm in this being active in some friendly games buuuuuut...
I still think Optimus Prime has a point.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you would have read LoD`s post u would have seen that this is not a plugin to set the pl by a cvar like startingpl "99999" u just got modes like normal in which the plugin will set the pl to normal l33t ( everybody starts with 1337) and high everybody starts with his required transformation pl.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've taken the link out, and am waiting for the team to either approve or not approve the showing of it on these boards.
If the team allow it, I will put the link back up, but if not, this thread will be locked.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
core | Raven said:
Well if you would have read LoD`s post u would have seen that this is not a plugin to set the pl by a cvar like startingpl "99999" u jsut got modes like normal in which the plugin will set the pl to normal l33t ( everybody starts with 1337) and high everybody starts with his required transformation pl.
I did read his post. In fact, I read it twice.

If you had have been active member around for longer than 7 months, you would have known that people are constantly suggesting that the team makes a CVAR that does exactly what your plugin does. The team has denied it everytime saying that PL will always have to be earned.

Best answers
I know this is getting off the subject but I was wondering could yall release a addon for the taunts so they can be used in every server until ESF 1.3 comes out, which they will have newer and better taunts but I would like to use the Esf 1.2 taunts in every server before that comes out.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We might consider that, but let's see we're currently very busy with other stuff ;) maybe we'll release it.

Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
i've taken the link out, and am waiting for the team to either approve or not approve the showing of it on these boards.
If the team allow it, I will put the link back up, but if not, this thread will be locked.
Links still there and active for me...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinDruu said:
However , the game is to be enjoyed , and if you don't like the plugin witch alot of people say they don't exit servers with it active ...
I can't see the harm in this being active in some friendly games buuuuuut...
I still think Optimus Prime has a point.
Yes, and if they see this thread, they are going to want amx mod x. Why because amx mod x is not hard to install it installs for you. all you have to do is make yourself admin, which my 5 y/o brother could do. So if i left every server that had it, i wouldn't be able to play esf anymore. The one i WOULD be able to play would be the nth server which crashes every 5 seconds.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has been developed for fair play, and there is a very good reason the team never implemented the option of letting the server admin changing the start PL. The reason is that we want people to start at the normal PL value and let people earn their way up to ascending levels. You have no idea how easy it is code-wise to alter your PL if you have access to the original source code, infact all the inteams of the game have a CVAR for changing the PL at any time for "testing" purposes. But we always make it a point to remove this CVAR before releasing, for the purpose stated above.

The ESF Team will not entertain the use of any script, hack or AMX-plugin which allows server admins to freely change the starting or normal PL. We let EEA/EVM slip by because they are actually complex plugins and change many more things in the game. Even then, we don't identify EEA/EVM as plugins even close to official, we don't even support them on these boards.

As of now, you are not permitted to release any such script which alters the starting PL even if it is server-side. I'll double check this with Mastasurf and post his response here, although I can almost guarantee that his answer will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom