alternative health/ki for better fighting

Best answers
i thought of an alternative health and ki use esf. instead of having a fixed health, i think one should have health and ki the same. in dbz, u see that energy and health r v closely linked and that fighters could die if they overexert themselves. for example, the kaiokan could of killed goku if he pushed it too far, and vegeta's final shine or sumthin, the big explosion against fatbuu, where he pushed himself to his total limits in an effort to destroy buu.
in simple, by makin ki and health the same, if u run out of ki, u die. so my changes would be, greater ki pool that gets bigger with power level, so in effect more health and ki for attaks or resisting attacks e.g if you had a really high power level, you would have a massive ki pool and would therefore be able to take lots of hits from weaklings without worrying about you're health, like in dbz. this is one motivation to reaching more power as at the moment, only thing power level does is increase your chances on winning powerstruggles and blockstruggles etc. power level should be something more worthwhile. and it will encourage longer but more thrilling battles. and to restore your ki, the power-up should be a lot slower, so it takes time to get back to full power, and flying and turbo eat away at ki at a constant rate but if you go too low, you won't be able to fly or do anything, and using a ki attack with ,low ki could kill you.
sry its long, but need to describe it properly...

Best answers
Nice idea, Would work well with my 'CHARGE' up idea...

'Chage up' if your looking on the forum >=|

Best answers
it might do, it might do... but at mo i thought of this idea to work with the current gameplay esf has to offer.
oh and i fergot to mention that getting hit knocks off ki aswell, so more powerful attaks knok off more ki than other attaks, just like it works with the normal health.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
compleat reworking of almost every aspect of esf....

i think not

Best answers
i suggest it as another gamemode... i've not got a problem with the current esf, but i do like lots of variety. and anyways this was thought out way before i discovered esf.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would agree with using ki like an armor gauge so that you take less damage if you've got enough to absorb the impact, but you'll have to charge up again if you take a big blow. Doesn't sound like it would be insanely difficult to reinstitute using a manipulated version of the original half life armor code, but I'm no coder so I really have no idea.

Best answers
the ki does not act as just armor but is health in all aspects. yes taking a big blow does mean you hav a very depleted ki pool and need to find a way of rechargin it safely. but for lesser attacks, powerful plyrs would as u put it, be able to absorb attacks as their ki pool would be hardly dented by weaklings.

Best answers
i know im double postin but i would like to have some more feedbak on this sort of gameplay and whether there is any future in it. i suggest it as another game mode that could link in with the other game modes like team game and capture the dragonballs. think about it, like if u were weak an stuck in a uncomfortable situation, u could overcharge an attack an obliterate whoevers attackin u as a last desperate attack.
this idea is not limited to the b1.1, b1.2 fuddlesticks. in a way it could be like havin 2 games in one, and i also know that no other dbz mod implements this sort of gameplay. this is certainly not a recent idea. i thought about it when browsing round lookin for dbz mods, as that would be my ideal for gameplay and it links in well with the dbz theme. am i rambling now....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VERY BAD IDEA.....look im ps-ing with a friend and then my KI is gone i lost it in the PS and then i die cuz i dont have KI anymore....man do that and the game will be to hard and not much ppl would play it

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linking health to Ki is a bad idea in my opinion. Think of all the attacks that drain your ki to almost nothing. Your character would be constantly dying from exhaustion.

and by the way don't double post. if nobody posts in your thread, then that's its fate. no need to kick at dead horses, right?

Best answers
i see ur points. i seem to hav overlooked the ps struggle idea. how bout i suggest on top of that (to counter ur arguments), a way of breaking from a ps struggle, as in detonate ur beam and try and avoid that incomin massive beam of death from the other person. in short, seondary fire button, blows up your beam, teleport away, just bout live... how bout that to counter and add to my original idea. i think i could be buildin up sumthin. thnx for the feedbak, at last...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then what fun is a powerstruggle if everyone keeps breaking from it? I believe they had that feature in the older days but everyone complained about it.

Best answers
hmmm, bah humbug. wot else then to counter that, how bout hav a small pl gainin when in a powerstruggle. comon, gotta hav a reason to be in a powerstruggle and/or make beams faster. i find their slow and be better if they were quite a bit faster.
so ppl gain power by being in powerstruggles, not just whackin each other around, so ur in a powerstruggle but losing as ur not as strong as other person, u would rather wait til last min in ps to gain bit more power.
and also make breakin knock u out a bit, as in unable to move as u recover for a bit and just fall from sky.
see just another idea on top of other ideas, good way to put all my eggs in one basket...

Best answers
Yes but at the moment if you lose a power strugle like that you are already dead plus you would have a lot more ki to begin with (yay gaint power strugles:D ) as you can see I like the idea

Best answers
well the above suggest i put for powerstruggles that u get 'knocked out' for a few secs. if ya watch dbz carefully (im not doubting u do watch it) but powerstruggling is mostly a last resort or for sum1 strong to show off their power. and even in a struggle it is pretty difficult to get out of them. beaming and other energy attacks are usually backup and/or last resort tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom