Alternate fire suggestion for beams

Best answers
Despite the effort it takes to find a creative suggestion for this great mod when I can't play for over 40 seconds without HL crashing, I thought of an easy to implement modification to the guided beam-type attacks. After firing a beam at one of my lan bots, and ending the quick ritualistic prayer of 'don't crash', the beam often misses and unless I smash it against the top of the map or something similar, I'm stuck standing there pushing buttons fuitily hoping I stumble onto one that breaks the beam... but no, I stand there in an unbreakable stance while Saiyaman floats up behind me and preforms a melee. Crashing me. But still.

The idea is that alternate fire for, at the very least, the generic beam, result in the beam either detonating or fading harmlessly. Fading harmlessly would prevent abuse, as people could just detonate beams that should otherwise be blockable right before they hit you and yet still catch you in their blast... while detonating them but at 1/2 or so their radius and destructive power could possibly make beams a slightly more attractive choice for the dedicated melees around.

If breaking beams manually is already in-game and I haven't figured it out, just disregard all this. If it's not in the game intentionally for blance reasons, disregard this again. It's hard to leave the stage of newb when you restart HL 20 times in a period of 20 minutes.

Best answers
Yea its already in the game. Press Right click (or secondary fire) to blow up the beam.

Best answers
Yes, I just now switched out of software mode. Played a 7 bot FFA and actually ascended Vegeta without crashing. I noticed the beams detonate at will... ehn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom