All about BEAMS *eye candy*

Best answers
A bunch of ideas...

1) Goku's Kamehameha and generic beam looks totally the same! Also, this goes for some of the other beams like mouthblast and pink generic beam. I think the powerful beams and the generic beams should look different. Powerfull beams should have their own 'unique' look

2) Goku's kamehameha charge animation for his top, above his waist is good. The only thing is his legs are too still. It would be cool if we can see some leg animation. Like those you see in dragonball z budokai 2, final bout GT. (not just goku's leg animation, others too.)

3) Since the beams now have their own 'unique' look it would also be better to see the beams abit larger. I mean if you charge a kamehameha, without charging it to max. Firing the moment it is firable. You can see the beams is REALLY too small/thin. In the series, sometimes you see a character charging a beam REAL FAST. He is not charging the beam to super powerful taking too long. For example, Goku in the series did fire a kamehameha REAL fast. He just say kamehameha not .............HA *but the beams still look big not THAT small*

4) The kiblast animation for the hand would be cool if they are change to the look like in the series. Where it LOOK like the character is punching, but with the palm open wide. Right now it look as if the character is swinging its hands. Well, when firing ki blast, it would be nice to see the character open his/her legs abit wider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Yeah, Kamehameha subtly 'flows' unlike the generic beam, so an animate sprite would be an easy fix for this. I tried getting a screenshot but couldn't capture the 'flow' in a static shot, look at episode #176 and you'll see what I mean. :yes:

2.) Yeah again, this is true, Kamehameha and Gallitgun both have positions for the feet and whole body, not just the arms. I don't imagine it would be hard to animate so that the body turns a bit to the side and the feet position change. :yes:

3.) I agree with this as well, I think the current MAX size of the sprite should be the new minimum, and the max should be a lot LOT bigger, maybe have some sprite size-beam power relationship scripted with bigger sprites? And if theres going to be a size cap, it should be a big one.

4.) I'm not really too bothered with this one, but I know what you mean, like Legacy Of Goku II, right?

Best answers
Yep like legacy of goku 2. I am sure this few things I mentioned will be GREAT for the game. The animations and beams are the feel of DBZ. They are important to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom