Advent Children US release official - 3 days time!

will you buy the new advent children release?

• damn right ill buy it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mmm probably not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in 3 days and a few hours, Squeenix will be releasing the english version of the already immensely popular Advent Children movie in the United States.

whos gonna be buying it?!

does anyone have any opinions on this release?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I doubt I'll buy it. I've already got the japanese version on my PC, and that's enough for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pre-order non-nasty?! =o

i wonder if they will do a limited edition set with the english version too...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well even though I am probably not gonna buy it in the States, I am definitly gonna buy it. Any word on the European release? If it takes to long, I might buy it in the US and let it fly over here. :p

Best answers
Yes, I will be making this purchase. I preordered it way back in September from amazon.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't be buying it, but my roommate will, so I'll just watch his :O

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering they've spent six times as long bringing it to the US than it took to write the plot for the story, no, I won't be buying it. :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I have yet to see the movie, at all, and I don't want to have to import a copy from Japan, I will be buying it.

Best answers
I'd like to.. If it's still in stores when my funds are not as limited, I might.

Best answers
I prefer watching my Japanese media in Japanese with subtitles, I don't mind reading, and it feels more authentic to me

So no

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
I prefer watching my Japanese media in Japanese with subtitles, I don't mind reading, and it feels more authentic to me

So no
Is that a definite "No" to the question "Will the US version include the Japanese version with subtitles?" ?

I was hoping, personally, that the US version would, like most other Japanese-made media that ends up being sold in North America (ie: most anime DVD's), have the option to choose between English dubbed, and original Japanese with (properly edited and translated; yes - I find fansubs to be lacking in the grammar department) subtitles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know, you can have English dub, English dub with sub, Japanese dub with sub.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
As far as I know, you can have English dub, English dub with sub, Japanese dub with sub.
If its original language is japanese, it's not a japanese dub ;P Anyway, I'll prolly buy it so long as it has japanese and subs. Though it's really lame that they didn't tack on Last Order as an extra.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my only disappointment, is that they didnt re-animate the mouths. i knew they wouldnt, but i was hoping for a surprise.

other than that, they nailed the voices =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw some clip of it when spoiler just kidding
^dont ask

anyways, saw a clip of it on you tube. Kadaj's voice seems to fit perfectly. Not sure about cloud, but since I'm a hardcore FF7 fan, i'll definately buy this when I got nothing else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clouds voice (apparently) is the same voice actor as in kingdom hearts.

my favorite voices:

Sephiroth
Rufus
Reno
Kadaj
Tifa
Cait Sith

Best answers
Meh, Ill probably get it, I already saw it. But Ive wanted to see it with american voices so I can sit and watch the movie peacefully without having to look down and read the subtitles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well hopefully it is popular enough to be rented in a movie gallery or blockbuster...Or I just may have to buy it.

Best answers
IMO its worth buying period, definitely worth watching over and again simply for the beauty of the landscapes

and

Majin_You said:
Is that a definite "No" to the question "Will the US version include the Japanese version with subtitles?" ?

I was hoping, personally, that the US version would, like most other Japanese-made media that ends up being sold in North America (ie: most anime DVD's), have the option to choose between English dubbed, and original Japanese with (properly edited and translated; yes - I find fansubs to be lacking in the grammar department) subtitles.
I wasn't thinking like that (I don't buy much in the way of DVDs) so I guess I just might have to get this one, I really liked it that much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom