Admin Mod FAQ

Best answers
Don't worry about it now.

ESF b1.1 is due in no time soon.

Admin-Mod or AMX will not work with it period when the new release comes.

During that release, I should be able to get it working up with a new tutorial, it might even be an addon package..... readily configured for use.

AMX and Admin-mod are identical, I perfer admin-mod however, as it has been out longer, and a majority of the community prefers it, inclduing me.

As for bots, you should read the first page, someone figured out how to get ki-bot to work, according to them, I took their word. That might solve your errors.

Otherwise you are sol for the next week or four. lol

Best answers
I'll probally use fakefull if I want any type of bot's on my server

As for Adminmod, I didn't like it very much because it seemed far too user friendly, AMX feels like you have more control, maybe it's just because I started with AMX.

Well, losing metamod is a small price to pay I suppose, and besides, it gives me more time to learn to script plugins.

By the way, I know what you mean when you don't want to answer questions, I know they could have looked in the cfg files and/or adminmod forums. I guess I'm weird because I'll never ask for help, goes against my sacred, non-existant religion.

Best answers
Isn't it a pity....I feel I posted this valuable bot/metamod info so close to beta 1.1 release time. Oh well, hopefully when metamod is compatible next time it wont be so strenuous to figure out....lol, anyway, I'd like to congrat the ESF team on a job well-done. Its not perfect, but it is by far better than the past versions and I can't criticize because I have not the faintest idea of how to code this shtuff anyway. Good job guys, lookin forward to the next :laff: :yes:

Best answers
Ok, well for about 2 weeks now I've successfully been running adminMod with beta1.1 (Trunks cant use his sword though). I am now working on the dll for the esf_bot.dll. I have all the code in all the right places because the plug-in will load to a point. I can view the server screen and it says *Bind "=" "bot_menu"* however, in the server, I do the 'meta list' command and it shows the adminMod dll and the esf_bot.dll... but for status (stat), adminMod has RUN and esf_bot.dll says 'badfile'. I do 'meta info esf_bot.dll' and it says its running from the location c:/sierra/half-life/esf/dlls/esf_bot.dll and everything checks out fine but this 'badfile' status. Its keeping me from loading/unloading/retry/pause/RUN this plug-in. Does anyone have any help for me? I'd really like to use these bots because my clan members are begging for some bot training and this seems to be a good way.

also, when I try to manually load the plug-in, it says "couldn't load plug-in <esf_bot.dll>; see log"
Where is this log kept?

Best answers
Ok, I turned logs on, and here is what I get..

[META] ERROR: dll: Failed query plugin '<esf_bot.dll>'; Couldn't find Meta_Query():
[META] ERROR: dll: Skipping plugin '<esf_bot.dll>'; couldn't query

Not sure what Meta_Query() does or how to incorporate it in this plug-in...

Best answers
i tryed that and if i type addbot knothing happons command not found. also the newer attacks are missinng. goku kama torps vegetas ki blast etc etc. hears my esf.exe

C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf +exec adminpass.cfg +localinfo mm_gamedll addons\adminmod\dlls\ESF-bot.dll

Best answers
luther349 said:
i tryed that and if i type addbot knothing happons command not found. also the newer attacks are missinng. goku kama torps vegetas ki blast etc etc. hears my esf.exe

C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf +exec adminpass.cfg +localinfo mm_gamedll addons\adminmod\dlls\ESF-bot.dll
'scuse me if I'm wrong, but have they even released a version of metamod compatible with 1.1? If not, theres your problem, metamod doesnt support the new sprites. If they have, then you're on your own, I haven't dealt with it for 1.1 yet, since I believe they havent released the new metamod.

Best answers
well with my bots, = brings up the control window. Addbot is totally different type of bots. those would be ki_bots I believe. I am using esf_bots. stilll lookin for answer to my question 2 posts above

Best answers
You say it works for linux in that link. Does it also work for Windows? Because thats what my ded. server runs on...

Best answers
it works on windows, it's just that i had some problems to compile a linux version that works on every linux comp.

if you use that to run esf
are you sure that esf-bot.dll is in addons\adminmod\dlls\ ? if yes try to install it in dlls\

Best answers
You can run admin mod on esf without it messing up and getting rid attacks all you have to do is have esf start your server before the admin mod if you can do that and have it load itll work i did it already and trying to figure out how i did but then again after this i was constaly spammed with flooding server when i tryed to talk if someone can stumble across this that would be great and we wouldnt have to wait for release to fix this...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Admin Mod and meta mod discussions technically belong in the 'Server Chat' section, henceforth I am moving it there instead of the Help section.

*Moved*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom