Admin Mod FAQ

Best answers
Few things here...
To download adminmod go to http://www.adminmod.org ...difficult eh? and metamod at http://www.metamod.org . Next, I think it IS possible to run bots with ESF and adminmod at the same time. I think I managed to pull it off once or twice. But I dont think it was as simple as editing the command line in your shortcut. I think I had to add some lines to listenserver.cfg or something. WHen I find out I'll post it here.

Best answers
Good news all...
I went thru the trouble Of figuring this out...comp froze 2 or 3 times but I finally got it. Heres how its done.

FIRST: Install adminmod as usual. Make sure you liblist.gam file has this line...

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

NEXT: make sure ESF-Bot.dll is in your /dlls/ folder in your esf directory. Now, add this line to AUTOEXEC.CFG ...

localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/ESF-Bot.dll

now simply load your game and addbots to your hearts content.

DO NOT edit the command line in your esf shortcut. DOING THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR GAME TO FREEZE. It will freeze before the metamod display shows while loading your server.

This worked for me, If it doesn't work for you then your S.O.L., I dont wanna crash my comp any more tryin to figure it out lol. I even tested it out by adding bots then admin_kicking them from my server and it worked fine, and the server didnt crash for the time I had it up. Good luck

Best answers
lol...did you not read my post? I told you that I even got onto my server and admin_kicked the bots off. So the answer is yes, bots DO work with adminmod, and I'm using adminmod v. 2.50.52 or whatever that latest version is, the one right after 2.50.50. Hope it works for you guys. Also make sure you have the latest version of metamod. I belive it comes packaged with adminmod, so if you have 2.50.52, then it should be fine.

Best answers
once i go to metamod then what do i get which file dp i download?

Best answers
ok when i download it it doesnt have v-meny files in it it has 1 folder and like 4 files is it somethink to do with the site?

Best answers
The file to download is the first one underneath the description of the newest metamod....itll say something like "Download single dll or iso file..."

Best answers
Yes, there is a METAMOD plugin called fireworks, tho I can't really tell you where to get it, just search google for Half-life fireworks plugin or something like that and you should find it. I can't guarantee it would work with the new one but I don't see why it wouldnt so yeah I guess it should. I used to have it, but it crashed my server a couple times so I got rid of it....beware of the players who lay too many fireworks and you should be OK, but if HL starts to crash, then I would probly look to fireworks as the problem.

P.S. BTW, if you wouldn't mind too much admins, would you maybe wanna bump my post about how to get ESF-Bots working with admin mod up a bit, as to avoid confusion and long search periods? Just a thought. Thanks

Best answers
i have a problem

my access level is 131071 (full with rcon)

but when i exec admin_kick target he says that i dont have permission

in counter-strike, this work normal every time

how do i fix it?

and i need a command to "restart round"

thx

Best answers
First of all, make sure you do one of two things :

make sure you have setinfo _pw-home "yourpasshere" in adminmod.cfg.

1:Make a file called adminpass.cfg with your admin_password in it. The admin_password "password" should be the same as the "yourpasshere" on setinfo _pw-home.

or

2: Enter your password manually into the console at the beginning of the round.

I also dont recommend using the access level 131071 on yourself. I have tried this before and sometimes cannot connect to my own listen server from the same machine, with a reserved name error. Instead, use 114687. This will give you the exact same access, except it wont consider your name a reserved name. Hope this helps, if not then I dont really know.

P.S. Thanks cookster, I appreciate the stick.

Best answers
|::Z::| Gotenks {ssj2} - any ideas who keeps on joining the server and crashing it? i restarted it 7 times today already using remove. damn gr00vs comp is dying lol, whats happening about this grand kai tour?

Best answers
also

admin_allow_exec 1

then

admin_command admin_execclient WONID COMMAND ARGUMENTS

to control from console. its really useful.

Best answers
allow_client_exec 1 is good yeah, but if he, for some reason, doesnt have access to admin_kick, I kinda doubt he'd have access to admin_execclient. But hey you never know, he may.

Best answers
:( My server crashed with bots/admin mod, but I think it's because of the lack of resources...
;D I wonder if ESF will ever have bot support by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom