Admin Mod FAQ

Best answers
No more help for jebus, I said dedicated servers only.

Best answers
type:

admin_fun 1

However, admin_fx must be set to 1 in the adminmod.cfg file under the addons folder.

Best answers
how do u do that? and how can u get the exact file name? and what do i download if i cant find that file? thx

Best answers
whenver you see an admin_command, its done in console.

ie when in game on your dedicated server, you would type
admin_fun 1

admin_fx 1 must be set to 1 in the adminconfig.cfg file

Best answers
what file is the admin_fx1? and how do i set it? sorry im not a comp nerd-no offense-but can u tell me how to do it step by step like telling a retard how to do it? THANKS SOOSOSOO much if ANYONE can do this!!!

Best answers
put
admin_allow_exec 1

to enable the admin_execall and admin_execclient features that are removed from the admin mod config file. This will help you control your server.

why am I saying this? So people will use it, i am not responding to a question, just saying it in general.

Best answers
i read in the adminmod menual how to install
with bots 10q anyway

Best answers
Nop it is still not working please help i want
the bots with
the adminmod

Best answers
Nop but it still not working
please help i need help i want
that the bots will work and the
adminmod

Best answers
If you look closely at the first post in the update, you will see that Admin Mod and Metamod do not work with the ESF-Bots. I tried this with both ki-bot.dll and the alpha ESF-bot.dll.

Why I am not sure, maybe I too had something configured incorrectly, but I doubt it.

So as far as I know, bots DO NOT work with admin mod for ESF. They will work for other mods, but those bots are much more developed than these ones.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
alright need some help here!
I have metamod, I installed it, and it still crashss when i crashes when i create a game....:cry:

Best answers
Now I know how technical support feels.

From now on when you post Stuff, please include exactly how you installed Admin Mod and Metamod, the folders, etc. Tell me every little detail that you did to install Admin - Mod and configure it and then I will help you.

Other than that the only other thing I can offer is go read the tutorial again and make sure you followed every little step.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
alright here is the specific reasoning

I got admin mod, extracted to C:\SIERRA\Half-Life
then i extracted metamod and extracted to C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\ESF\addons\metamod

I then installed Admin Mod, then did teh user name thing(where you ahve to set a PW or somethin to prevent ppl with the same name) then i create a game and it crashes!

and I did put Metamod in the Adminmod Dlls!

Best answers
I know why its crashing, its because your running a listenserver. tsk tsk.

I've told you all that I don't want a bunch of listen servers being thrown up... aparently people just don't understand this....

Its crashing because you didn't specify a specifc config file (.cfg) that I clearly told you to make in the tutorial. Go re-read it 3 or 4 more times and find it, its in there.

also Metamod.dll g oes in the metamod/dlls folder, not the adminmod/dlls folder.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
alright i specified it and everythign, and sorry to say, i did play on a listen server, yes it works BUt i type in admin commands and it says "dont abuse this server..blah blah you know the drill, so then i remembered to change the user thing and i did, BUT when i go into my game says my own name is reserved....what do i do then???!?!

Best answers
My friend told me how to do it by wonid/access
WONID::ACCESS

:: < you need two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom