ack compiling problem

Best answers
okay, I'm having this weird compiling problem that I've probably said before. I said how ms3d compiles everything together, but at the end it crashes. Well, it's happening again. Before I thought it was because the models I made had extremely high polies, but my trunks model isn't that high of poly, so now I'm thinking I have too many materials. I have 6 materials, is that too much?

Best answers
probably your materials arent 256 bit colors. try changing it to this and you should be fine :p

Best answers
nvm I got it, ya there were too many materials. I use all 516 by 516, maybe it was too big. They were all 256 bit so that wasnt the problem.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive compiled models with over 15 mats before, (bobs supreme kai), i really doubt that was the problem.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL limits skins to being 256 (index) color. Also your skins have to be a power of 2. This means 2x2, 4x4 .... 128x128 256x256, 512x512, etc. You can't have 516x516.

Best answers
weird, cause after i got rid of one of the skins, it worked. Is something wrong with my comp then, or maybe I need more memory.

Best answers
Neither is something wrong with your machine nor do you need more memory. And I think you "got rid" of the one 516x516 texture so that it worked. If milkshape just crashs, try the .exe compile "studiomdl.exe" which you should find in the stickies or by searchinh the board, because this doesn't just crash but most often also tells you what the error is...

G
hmmmmm, i agree with Sin Goku, but if it did turn out 2 be ur PC didnt have enough memory, then make a total black skin, skin him with that, get HLMV (think u can get it at www.milkshape3d.com or something like that) and open it with HLMV, go 2 skin, and replace the black stuff iwth ur skin then :D

Best answers
This black skin "fix" will never work. If it is a 256 colour palette consisting of 256 black colours or 256 different colours doesn't matter. The "out-of-memory" thinking is rubbish, just think about: All textures together are at most 4MB in size, the smds 3MB max. All machines should handle this if they can run milkshape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom