a suggestion on explosions and walls

Best answers
when u grab an attack and that powerstruggle comes up,and your going straight for the wall,i think that u should break into the wall and keep going in, wouldnt it look cool?
OR maybe just make it so when u get kicked across map and u hit a wall you should make a crater. cuz it seems kinda weird that u fly from 1 side of map to the other, hit a wall, and u just make cracks =P

plus it would make it even funner to hit walls!

Best answers
This has been suggested some times and should be in the suggestions forum, anyway it's to much work and to hard to make cause youll have to make the map out of many layers.

Best answers
the lagggggg here would be massive for this due to the way HL renders breakable objects.

Good idea but one not possible due to internet connections. Try again when we all have optical internet connections :p

Best answers
May i ask how much ram you have?

If you have anything less than 1.028 GB of RD RAM that that would make the game unbearably laggy for you. Rendering an object that can be broken would take massive server side RAM or if they pushed it to client side then it would be worse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only possible way to do this would be to move to the GeoMod engine or implement it in Half-Life which would be very time consuming and not worth the efforts in my eyes.

Also suggestions belong in suggestions. MOVED

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if they did what u just suggested at the end of the map tall the walls would b FULL of holes:no:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually i have 320 ram and the game works fine for me.

Best answers
i think there should be a cloud of smoke whenever there is an explosion or least some cheap little particles when exploding they could just be sprites? or like the rock particle effect though providing an option to disable them too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everything ppl had suggested here= ALOT of work 4 the team....
lets just b happy if another beta cpmes out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom