a slightly new map update

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
:D I still have that map, the one with the king kai planet in it, man... those were the days, when I still a mapping rookie.
Now that you mention it, are you gonna add King Kai's planet to the end of the map? And I don't know if the HL engine is capable of it(would probably need some coding though), but would it be possible to give the planet gravity then so you could walk around the whole planet? Would be pretty cool, standing upside down on the planet. :p

Great idea so far CS, keep it up.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, allthough I would love a king kai planet in esf, I'm affraid if one of our mappers would make one there would be certain limitations due to the hl engine, which would take away the certain charm that planet has.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dang, well good luck with your orgies, don't forget the females! We do'nt really like those with just some of you guys, it won't look pretty...

Well good idea with your map, hope it all works out, very good and all, just wish we had a gravity system so we can have the king of the kais house...

EDIT:

About your clouds, won't they make r_speeds skyrocket? or are you gonna make litle big clouds? Or the mixture between entities?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/orgasm

that map looks teh awesome.

But wouldn't it annoying if someone constantly threw you into the clouds? :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
dang, well good luck with your orgies, don't forget the females! We do'nt really like those with just some of you guys, it won't look pretty...

Well good idea with your map, hope it all works out, very good and all, just wish we had a gravity system so we can have the king of the kais house...

EDIT:

About your clouds, won't they make r_speeds skyrocket? or are you gonna make litle big clouds? Or the mixture between entities?
I will seal them off so no harm will be done to the r_speeds. The clouds might also be modeled though, but that depends on Skiwan, GG or DT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh okay, maybe just make a flat top from HFIL view, but you can't raech it, make it a solid brush or something, but it's your map so do whatever you wanteh, and that model can also work, but why not just tie it to an entitiy? isn't that the same then, because making a model and tieing it to an entitiy increases the epoly the same, or is there some secret I don't know about?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
e_poly causes less performance loss. Also, e_poly and w_poly are not stacked, they are calculated individually. This means, if I decided to make the cloud a model, it would take away from the w_poly and it woul add to the e_poly which is still quite low at the moment. That's why we use more and more models in our maps lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom