a slightly new map update

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
That aint topic >.<

@ topic

Say CS how do the r-speeds look in there?
Read, read, read. That is not the actual map =/ I mapped the clouds in to see how it looks.

>.< I might as well tell what I have planned with this thing.

I take it everyone knows of the hfil/hell map I made.

The snakeway will be placed on top of it, in a seperate place, so it won't screw up your fps when you look up. There will be a layer of clouds underneath the snakeway, I'm not sure yet wether I will map this or have someone model it.

If you fall of the snakeway, you will end up in hfil/hell with a teleport. However you can not go back up through the clouds. That's where the secret passage will come in. Just like how it was in the show.

The hell map will feature the pond of blood where the Ginyu gang fell in, the fruit tree which will have a nice feature, Goz and Mez, both probably doing a cheesy animation. The path where Goku raced against the blue guy (Goz or Mez) and Goz and Mez's fitness building. It will also have those cloudy spirits from the show, hanging out in several places.

I hope you guys like the idea, as I can't show you anymore stuff from this map as I've told most of it already. If I did, I would have to kill you.

Also, for those who are interested, the snakeway consists of 59 solids and 590 faces.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
just one question will the snake way begin from king Yama place ? continu to Snake way and down to hell ?

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, that would be too much to fit in one map. That's why I made a seperate King Yema's palace map.

It's really ****ty when you hit your head against the hl engine's limits. Everytime I have a cool idea to work on, I always find myself hindered by it, but I guess that's just hl :(

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Overlord, don't project your fetishes on me. If you like fat chicks, more power to ya.
I never said I liekd fat chicks, but I assuemd you lvoed them after seeing how many appeared in your birthday thread =P.

On-topic: I wonder what will happen If I fall of snakeway (trigger hurt i'm guessing :p?).
EDIT:
If you fall of the snakeway, you will end up in hfil/hell with a teleport. However you can not go back up through the clouds. That's where the secret passage will come in. Just like how it was in the show.
Ah, well in that case I stand corrected. As I rember in the show, if you tried getting out of hfil from underneath the clouds you would end up practically smashing your head in.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
I never said I liekd fat chicks, but I assuemd you lvoed them after seeing how many appeared in your birthday thread =P.

On-topic: I wonder what will happen If I fall of snakeway (trigger hurt i'm guessing :p?).
Are you kidding me ? please say you are...

I just explained pretty much every aspect of the map and you come up with this -.-

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Nope, that would be too much to fit in one map. That's why I made a seperate King Yema's palace map.

It's really ****ty when you hit your head against the hl engine's limits. Everytime I have a cool idea to work on, I always find myself hindered by it, but I guess that's just hl :(
So can you all do like a sky map to in evry map for the map to look biger ? you thow him on the sky and you will not hit the celing but get teleport to the other map

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that would cause a lot of trouble with multiplayer. Everytime you kick someone against the skybox that person would be kicked to the map connected to that part of the skybox.

1st, A lot of people would abuse it to get away.

2nd, it would put a huge delay in the fights.

3rd, the filesize would become enourmous.

4th, I asked Harsens about this once, and it would require a hell lot of coding, and it would still be full of unfixable bugs.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
oki 10x so your snake way map will be like this right ? or the teleport will be only if you find the secret place ?

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, you can only get back on the snakeway if you can find the secret passage, which won't be too hard to find though ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Look for a hole near a cliff right XD

Atleast thats how it was in the show ^^

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 it coldeh, best snakeway ever. Its miles better than that one we tested in 1.1 =P i'll have some presents for you soon too <3

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:O that was classified information that I never knew?! OMG, LEAK! Grega, shame on you

Oh and Cold Steel, the first time I saw snakeway in that other topic I clicked within a second, I was really hoping that it would be connected to HFIL, and I was right, that's so wonderful, I loves you man!

If only the map could be connected to King Yamma or whatever his name is, but I don't think anyone would want a loading time while you play, lol.

EDIT:
I've got a small suggestion, but it might be pretty stupid, because teleport entity is actually meant for doors and such.

SUGGESTION:
Keep those clouds leaving them as func illusionary and all, but the snakeway should also still stay in it's own skybox, then when you fall under the clouds there's be a teleport entity, but like 4 of them, then each jsut teleports you to a different area of the HFIL, so then your wpoly and epoly will be okay, but there's a problem with this, you can see through the skybox, so yeah, I don't know, lol

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
In length and broadth the snakeway part will be just as big as the map beneath it. The current space of the snakeway map I've showed you guys is just too small. I merely mapped it for fun to see how it would look with the clouds and all. When I place it on top of HFIL I will just create new clouds, as creating a field of triangles and just pull the vertexes in groups up or down is easy as pie and will only take 10 mins or so.

Davidskiwan said:
<3 it coldeh, best snakeway ever. Its miles better than that one we tested in 1.1 =P i'll have some presents for you soon too <3
:D I still have that map, the one with the king kai planet in it, man... those were the days, when I still a mapping rookie. As soon as I have the stuff implented, you'll be the first to test it out, just like the old days ^_^ With your goodies ofcourse =]

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
me me me me me me
too
:)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
and me! group orgy.. uh.. gorup fun.. uhh.. nvm ;_;

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I say, we should have a big mapping orgy. (No testers allowed xD)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I say, we should have a big mapping orgy. (No testers allowed xD)
:cry:

Does it count that i know how to make maps?

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, perhaps you're an exception. But you will need to prove it. Finish that map of yours first, then we'll talk about orgies.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
still i really liked some of ur maps back then coldeh, that ice cave map was really awesome imo :x

I cant wait for the orgies to occur D: there's a lot of maps in progress atm... a lot of orgies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom