A rare chance!

Best answers
The mods do a great job in my opinion. I have no complaints.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DPredator said:
Well cold steel, you might be on the forum for 10 hours a day and all, but some mods have got a personal life (work, school etc.) you don't see Mastasurf all day on the forums (I'm guessing he's here for 30 minutes a day) so you wanna say Mastasurf doesn't deserve to be a admin? Same with Greg...
Are you saying i don't have a personal life then? I allways come home at 17.30, out of work, and go to bed at 23.00, how the hell am i supposed to be here 1o hours a day ;/

Masta and Greg are probably the most important people on these forums, they do other stuff aswell that makes them earn their titel as admin/mod.

Anywho, let's stop this, before the flaming starts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These forums are great, very little spam, which is usually thwarted on site. The mods are all noob-friendly and friendly in general. They answer questions that have been asked repetetivley. These are the only forums I've ever been an active member of, becuase it's not riddled with complete *******s, and Of course, becuase of my love for ESF. There are Some bad fOrums out there that Suck, just becuase the entire community is rotten. I'm not going to name any names though. :) *runs*

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No complaints from me either.

Although I do wonder how non-team members got admin on the forums (I wasn't around back then).

Retired
Best answers
the forums and the development team are 2 totally different things, it's true that the developers also have admin status, which is obvious because the forum is part of their mod.

Greg who basically keeps the forum up and running, granted some people that are loyal and trustworthy the position of admin. during then and now there have been several promotions etc, I still remember the day cuc became an admin (yes i've been around quite long). after that there were some promotions, hsu and majin_you. who proved themselves worthy for that title. thats basically how it all began.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I still think Hibiki should be an admin by now o_O

And the forums are real boring now. I partly blame that on the mods for being no fun :eek:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I AM VERY FUN. FOR DISAGREEING WITH ME HAVE A WARNING :warning:

Urh.. I mean uh.. well give us some suggestions >.< Most of the stuff I stop is bickering. Watching two people flame each other can be a little entertaining for a while but it ends up just disrupting threads and then people who were trying to accomplish something with the thread end up angry and bent out of shape when we close it down. We let some people get away with murder and others we're strict with, all depending on who gets to them, our mood, and whatever else; little factors, also depending on our private counsils with some of the more unruly guests.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
A quote from my friend Ice man

Edited out.

Warning to Dark One for smuggling is messages from a banned user.

Ryoko.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are Some bad fOrums out there that Suck
rofl..

I don't have a problem with any moderators on this forum, and I believe all of them are doing their job quite well. Keeping the forum clean of spam, indecency, and other relevant bull****. Keep it up. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Hibiki is constantly underrated as a super moderator, in fact he gets better all the time. Hib is hard to understand at first, but if you make the attempt, you will find it worth your while. I've been Hibiki's freind for years now, and I find him to be the most candid and honest mod.

I'll admit, I've undersold him at times, but he's a great guy, and I hope that he'll be seriously considered for administration in the future.

As for Dpred's comment, I think you'll find that alot of people think we're too strict. I occasionally get feedback from PCJoe that we are being nazis on the forum, but I think we're doing well as far as fairness.
I have a lot of friends who use a lot of boards. This is the only one that is not filled with spam, chaos, psychopaths, and idiocy. I would go out on a limb and say this is probably one of the fairest and most well moderated boards I've ever dealt with. There are plenty of forums where there are no problems, liek the Gamespy ones (where everyone seems to agree happily and no angry posts ever stay for more than six seconds). THAT is being a forum nazi. Personally I think that things have been handled really well around here, though. The mods and admins are all a decent group of people too, which helps--all too often, moderators on boards are stoic, antagonistic, lazy, and abuse their powers blatantly. I don't see much of that here at all.

In fact, I often rag my friends because "you guys don't hang out at ESF, so you're stuck with all that *****ing, that's what you get for haning out at ****ty message boards with unprofessional staff."

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darkone said:
A quote from my friend Ice man

Quoted by Iceman: Edited

Three things to say to that.

1.) He broke the rules and got banned, and he is *****ing about how we don't enforce them.

2.) He can't just say we're letting people that deserve his treatment slide without a single example.

3.) It's against forum rules to smuggle in messages from banned users.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I like some of the mods, don't know most of the mods, and dislike one or two. But those disliked ones hide away in the forums nobody looks at. :D

I think most of you do pretty good jobs, with specific kudos to Cucumba(epitome of fairness and unbias), Sonic Boyster(The lovable forum grammar nazi, Someone I like to argue with, though he tends to lose. (Nya! :p) Majin_you(no blurb required), Magus and Miroku(Miss the Wayne/Garth themes! :( )

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
These forums are great, very little spam, which is usually thwarted on site. The mods are all noob-friendly and friendly in general. They answer questions that have been asked repetetivley. These are the only forums I've ever been an active member of, becuase it's not riddled with complete *******s, and Of course, becuase of my love for ESF. There are Some bad fOrums out there that Suck, just becuase the entire community is rotten. I'm not going to name any names though. :) *runs*
Oh, how subtle. :p

SoS forums are great, I love it. Every second a newb there is born, like here, only they deal with it in my favouritist way ever: They just ban willy-nilly.

I mean, they get *****ed at about the Beta release for ages becuase they didn't deliver due to circumstances out of their control, so they just go all out with the bannage. It's great. People just do not look at things from their point of view, and you get stuff like this, people complaining about getting banned or because other people are getting banned...

Best answers
Some mods are a bit ****y, none of which I will name, other than that I have no problem with the rules and regulations. I do very much appreciate the firm no excuses rules. And the 'three strikes yer out' keeps repeating flamers off the boards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I think most of you do pretty good jobs, with specific kudos to Cucumba(epitome of fairness and unbias)
Amen to that. I've NEVER seen an admin or mod on ANY BOARD EVER that has been as objective, fair, unbiased, and friendly as Cuc.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
SoS forums are great, I love it. Every second a newb there is born, like here, only they deal with it in my favouritist way ever: They just ban willy-nilly.

I mean, they get *****ed at about the Beta release for ages becuase they didn't deliver due to circumstances out of their control, so they just go all out with the bannage. It's great. People just do not look at things from their point of view, and you get stuff like this, people complaining about getting banned or because other people are getting banned...
I can't tell if that's sarcastic or neutral spam. Either way, it isn't necessary. I don't like the forums myself because they ban people for arguing with the moderators. We may warn you if you're out of line but it takes a lot to get us to ban you. We give everyone extra chances and private counsil. This discussion isn't about SOS forums though, it's about our forums and our moderators. If you think SoS is doing something better, great for you, great for them, this isn't their site and flaming them (or complimenting them) is just going to spark controversy here. If you'd like to suggest that we do something they do, or not do something they do, that's another issue.

Edit-- Note that even "I" got warned for bashing the SoS forums after I was booted off of them for having a tussle with one of their mods.

Best answers
I wouldn't mind knowing how many people have been "removed" from the SoS forums... I know I was o_o. (Their mods aren't like the ones here. Once they start to loose an arguement, your banned. If you ask a "noob" question [that might be found in on the 12th page of a sticky somewhere in the deep darkness], your banned. Nice system eh?)

Anyway, just like everyone else said. The mods / admins are doing a great job on the forums. There are the great ones (Cuc, Prozac, Hib, Maj, Magus, Miroku, etc), and theres the "not so good ones", I wont name any names, but their the people that just don't stand out. They still do the job, but you don't see them as often, and they don't stand out in your mind as a "great" mod. :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they also have an entirely different system. You're judged by how many posts you have. I saw a mod post to a forum 'newbie' saying that he was wrong because he had 10 posts and the other was right because of his 1000 posts. Talk about utter bs. And sonicboyster, it's just a little ranking thing I wrote. Don't consider it what everyone thinks D:. I still wubbles you, not as much as prozzy, but I still wubbles you.

Stop sucking up you're making me blush ^^ - Prozac

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys are cool!
most of you are very nice and helpfull! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom