a piece of my mind to whoever cares to read it

Best answers
u might not care what i think... u dont have to care... but this goes out mainly to the staff, I think u have put up an enormous work on 1.2 and it is an awesome game, I think u created a great community and a great site and whatever u did on everything is great, but I have been a member of this site for a long time, I dont post a lot, cause usually I dont care about the usuall stuff, but I must say I am a big fan of esf, and I think that now something is wrong... why arent the staff updating the site on more of a daily basis, heck, even a weekly basis will do, sometimes I pray that u update once a month, such a big big community and u find no time to let it know whats happening.
of course this isnt ment to be some kind of a disrespect for the staff or something, but mostly just my opinion on matters that are important to everyone, I love ESF, and I am sure that each member of this forum loves it too, sometimes it doesnt look like it (spammers/flamers/etc) but in general we all give feedback... so I think me (and a lot of others) have some kind of right to know a bit more about the game we love, if thats not possible u can say it and thats ok too, I'm sure u can find the time to at least write in the main web page something like "it was a busy weekend, no time to work on esf" or anything like this just to keep us in touch with progress.
now plz if u think otherwise dont flame me just tell me what u think.
peace.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite popular belief, the team members do have lives outside of esf development, lol.

Just think of the long time between waits as them making sure everything looks as professional as possible when presented to the public.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe they ARE working on it, but the updates wouldn't be necessary like. "Ok we got ssj3 goku's arm to go the way we want. discuss". Necessary updates come within time. If they posted anything new they did all the time, a lot of it would seem insignifigant to us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, it's a free game, they could NOT work on it at all and be better off. Any update is cause for celebration, and if they don't update then say 'ah well' and find something else to do, like frisbee or necrophilia or something.

Some team members visit the forums with updates, look at the modelling section, Mastasurf posted the new Perfect Cell model there.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
mmm .. we might are a bunch of lazy foes but after all we're still working on ESF XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that there aren't a lot of updates. There are three reasons, actually:

1.) We almost always get these big huge surprise additions to the game that we aren't expecting...nearly every major version has had some additive content
2.) It gives us the opportunity to fraternize without a lot of debate on the "state of the mod/dev team" topic
3.) When they DO update, it is a huge joyous occasion and it's always a very exciting bit of news, even if it's only a single sentence.

My whole point: I'd prefer them to spend their preferred time on the mod then on the mod's website. ESF doesn't need that kind of PR stuff--the guys run a good show and we all know it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually when they add something spectacular they get a large bunch of people telling them everything thats is wrong with it. I dunno about anyone else but thats more than enough to discourage me from posting often.

Best answers
dixing said:
... so I think me (and a lot of others) have some kind of right to know a bit more about the game
i hope this doesnt sound like a flame....but
we don't have a right to know whats happening to esf, sure we would like to but we can't force them to update because it was one of our god given rights....

There are Dev. Journals u know, and they arnt exactly updated alot, but they are there... well thats my input...

Best answers
ok I am glad nobody flamed me yet... at least we can have a decent conversation about something, I wish to say sorry if it looked like I am saying something bad about any staff member... I really respect and want to say only good things about them all the time cause of their wonderfull work, and of course we dont have any RIGHTS (at least not rights btu maybe something else some other word) to know whats going on with esf, and of course I know the staff has their own lives, who says they dont...
in fact thats great that they have lives :D (DUH)
but I am only saying I would like to know why cant we get some more updates on anything ESF'ish, like maybe instead of posting it on the modeling section post it on the main news I'm sure more people should be aware of it, not everybody visits each section to look for updates.
wll I only wanted to make some kind of point about what I think, plz answer in the same language I wrote the reply, jstu so this topic doesnt turn into a flame battle!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that the team doesn't WANT to show us everything before they release it.

-Karrde-

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I rather have that they suddenly say "1.3 is out, hooray!" and being a huge suprise and all then all those small updates...

They are anoying, and make people itchy to when it isn't going fast enough..

Its fine as it is.

Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Keep in mind that the team doesn't WANT to show us everything before they release it.

-Karrde-
good point!

but still sometimes there is too much drought between updates ... I still wanna hear something little about esf 1.3... even if its little I wanna know.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, look at the older topics, a few weeks ago they showed us a few pictures, and mastasurf showed his cell for critique...

So you do see updates, but they won't anounce them as updates..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The thing is, they are entitled to never update the site again til the next release. D:

So just hang tight.

Best answers
It was told that 1.3 is mostly about transformations , to be honest i was expecting a bit more updates , but its understandable that the team doesnt update so often all of us ( grown ass man ) got life , work , education , girlfriends and other stuff on our minds , as much as i enjoy this mod i dont check the main page every hour to check if its updated , the last major release was in may last year , so im guessing u wont have a long wait to the next version .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing most people fail to realize is that there isnt any point at all to posting small updates every day because that would be boring and there would be a million news things before something interesting happened that fans would actually want to hear

just because esf is being worked on doesnt mean every second of that work is something totally exciting that fans would be dieing to hear

if esf did update every single day i guarantee that u would get bored reading the "news" that would be up there

Best answers
I have to say that I agree with what dixing is saying 100% but maybe it should be seen from another view

yes the team are updating stuff (I don't even have to guess this as i always look over he models and btw Almighty_gir you pwn :p) and there was a gohan model on there a few days ago by the esf team which I would class as a update and the modeler put it on his dev but it was not put on the main web site

so all i think people need is a picture of the model and saying "(team member name here" made this model and it will be used in esf as gohans head or something like that to let people knoe of updates then they come in the forums to see the how news about it (I hope this makes sense)

Best answers
ok i understood some of the points, even tough I dont agree to some of them, personally I think I would enjoy every small update no matter how small it is (unless its to let me know someone goes in for bathroom and out :) )
but seriously I think any fan would appreciate a little bit more updates!
like now there is an outline and its great but wouldent u love to know when something in the outline gets updated or something in the outline gets completed ?
maybe its just me!

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe.. real easy. A lot of us dont have access to post news updates and we're probably busy making the content rather than posting it. :D

Best answers
Arachka said:
It was told that 1.3 is mostly about transformations , to be honest i was expecting a bit more updates , but its understandable that the team doesnt update so often all of us ( grown ass man ) got life , work , education , girlfriends and other stuff on our minds , as much as i enjoy this mod i dont check the main page every hour to check if its updated , the last major release was in may last year , so im guessing u wont have a long wait to the next version .
Mostly about transformations? No new attacks?
I thought there was said something about new attacks, or am i wrong? o_o
o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom