a new sword idea =)

Best answers
THANK YOU ive wanted someone to start a topic like this. trunks with his sword made him my favorate character to be in the first one and my favorate character in the chow is vegeta xD since they dropped the sword i dont like being trunks(they encourage you to do adv melee and i hate that) So esf team, you know we want it. SO PUT IT IN!!!!!!!!!! xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really, really miss that awesome sheathing animation from 1.1.

The sheathing sound is even still in the 1.2.3 Sound folder. Lol. At least it is in mine.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i always have missed the basic 1.1 melee and trunks was actually useful with this in in 1.1 so yeah i say go for it

yeah your idea my ass :rolleyes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
but im thinkin now that they got more people on the team maybe they can fix it
Actualy it worked normaly at my place :p

Anyhow jea shure

Maby his swoop cound be with 1 hand on the sword prepaird to use it :p

Best answers
yea i like that a one handed swoop. that would really make his animations for basic melee stand out more then everyone elses. and sense he is the melee charcater its only right that they should. it would be so fun gettin sword kills in basic melee again.

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
well i always have missed the basic 1.1 melee and trunks was actually useful with this in in 1.1 so yeah i say go for it

yeah your idea my ass :rolleyes:
really its everyones idea. dark trunks just started the topic

Best answers
yea basically no one else ever spoke up about it and its been buggin the **** outta me since i got 1.2 so i jus figured ah wut the hell the only thing they can do is say no right?

besides even tho some people dont wanna admit it i kno for a fact that some people have missed it and stopped usin trunks that often because of it besides the speed factor anyway. but i kno alot of esf players would like it back in just as much as i do maybe even more.

Best answers
Yes ill agree wit this idea. I like to use every character on esf becasue each one of them have different abilities and advantages. But the person i least like picking is trunks because of how they changed him in this version of esf.

In 1.1 the sword made his melee very deadly and very different then everyone elses. Bascially his sword made up for what he lacked in speed. But since its gone he no longer has it to make up for the speed so basically stuck. Because of it hes one of the weakest characters right now.

So yes i think it should be put back in for balancing what they unbalanced when they took it out. To me right now hes one of the worst characters if not the worst IMO on esf though not as character in general. But Gohan and Piccolo are much better choices to me because even though Gohan starts out slow when he transes it makes up for it.

And Piccolo has alot of melee combinable attacks which are deadly in the hands of the right person. Not to mention that Piccolo is just as fast as trunks is.

So yea i think the sword being put back in would be a makor asset if not that then at least some kind of speed boost to balance things out.

Best answers
yes exactly. alot of people agree too look at the poll 24-1 so i think it should definatley get put back in. hopefully a team member agrees too. cus i was thinkin since trunks has no good beams or anything he could have his sword and his basic melee or melee altogether does more damage then everyone elses since he is the melee character so give him the advantage in melee.

cus no one is really sure if they are gonna speed him up in 1.3 or not so u kno.
Edit/Delete Message

Best answers
Bad idea, that's why the ESF Team made Trunks melee punching instead of using the sword in ESF 1.2.3. Because it would be unreal to the show if he will only use the sword because he is a melee character so that's why he needs punches to do melee with like in the Cell Saga.

If you notice in ESF 1.2.3 he only uses punches in simple melee and he can only use sword in advance melee, unless you haven't played ESF 1.2.3 then you probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Edited Post:
Thanks for the information Grega I hope the 26 people who voted yes on this thread will finally know that ESF take out the sword melee in 1.2.3 and make it just for prepunching because it has some conflicts when you fire a KI blast the sword will instantly goes to his back again.

(This is my last reply on this thread)

Best answers
no actually they didnt take it out because it wasnt untrue to the show so i have no clue where exactly u got that from. if that was the cast then this wouldnt be true to the show because he used his sword all the time in the show until it got broken.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess is that they took it out cause the animations of pulling it out and puting it back in were somewhat flucked if you instantly fired a beam the sword just jumped to the back. While in 1.2.3 he takes it out for specific attacks only moastly the blue arrows and 3/4 red ones

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
truukz can do a a normal mele but prepuching is with the sword!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YoungGunz said:
I like to use every character on esf becasue each one of them have different abilities and advantages.
Trunks has the biggest advantage when it comes to melee. His ability over melee noone else has.
YoungGunz said:
But since its gone he no longer has it to make up for the speed so basically stuck. Because of it hes one of the weakest characters right now.
If you know how to use his ability then you would most likley think differently. his speed or power isnt what makes him "The melee character" its what he can do with melee that makes him it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
If you know how to use his ability then you would most likley think differently. his speed or power isnt what makes him "The melee character" its what he can do with melee that makes him it.
With that i asume you mean the simple melee thing wich alows him to hit about 7 times per second if the oponent is blocking XD

Best answers
yea im guessin thats wut hes talkin about i kno of that too. but its easily reverseable. but ive seen u play raventrunks and ive seen ur style and from wit ive seen not saying that u arent good but u dont start doing exceptionally well until u turn into a super saiyan.

i mean no offense but anyone could do very well as a super saiyan while everyone else isnt. but trunks normal form is too slow to actaully wanna fight in the reason i am forced to fight in it is because if u go ssj early and stay that way ur jus diggin a grave for later on.

trunks melee isnt anywhere near exceptional like he should be. u would think like now come on if he is the melee character shouldnt his melee be a little more exceptional then everyone elses. and if hes the melee character then y is he so slow.

all of these thing dont make him seem like a melee character to me. if anything hes last in my list of melee for esf,

Best answers
Yes i think that too. But its not that his melee is not good hes just too slow for me. If your used to usin Goku and Vegeta or any other faster characters then using someone like Trunks is hard. I think he needs more speed for one and then yes the sword idea since it is what makes Trunks Trunks.

But the number one thing i think he needs more then anything else is speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom