A more lively block struggle...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had an idea. It's a small one, so I decided not to bother posting it in the forum for suggestions, since it will be moved there anyway and shuffled into nothingness int he archives without getting noticed. Mainly it's because I was thinking of implementing this myself, rather then requesting it be put in the mod (I've made a slightly better gallit gun sprite I've yet to share, for instance).

When a beam hits you and you are block struggling it, I was thinking about creating some sort of a sprite/ set of sprites (for all the different colors) to have some sort of pulsating energy field in front of the character. Nothing too major, maybe with a hair of lighting for the stronger beams, but you get the idea. I just thought of this because I was playing last night and finally got disturbed at feeling like I was wrestling with a giant sperm everytime I blocked a kamehameha wave.

Anyone interested in doing something like this? I'd make the sprites but I couldn't code it in for the life of me. You know...maybe make a little add-on pack or something?

Or maybe the team could put something like this in? I just think it looks awfully boring as it is now.

And rather then animate the model, why not animate a simple glow/spark looking type of sprite to be put in front of the model when in a block struggle? Maybe it could be attached to the beam head instead, and then you could also use it for power struggles (although that'd probably look hella lame).

Well. Just wanted to see what people would think of this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, sounds like a real nice idea..no harm in doing it but it would help if you stayed right infront of the beam in block struggles, cause in some cases, you can be like 5 metres away from it, but still block it ;/

Best answers
its might look good to the person recieveing the blast but to those looking at the side they would see your effect in a poistion its shouldnt be and might look bad. good idea to make more effects but probally needs a better method.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I figured the criss-crossed sprites, kind of like the way the beam "shafts" or "tails" are done...that is why the beams look correct from all angles, actually. They are in fact two sprites criss-crossed in 3d space, like an X-shape. Sometimes they look funny when they bend because of this, if you notice.

Either way I'm sure it could be done. How often does someone go two feet from a guy blockstruggling anyhow? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom