A list?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where is the outline you're talking about? I just went through the 1.3 outline Pain posted and I don't see anything about an in game tutorial.

Best answers
Hm, seems that didn't make it to the outline. A hazard course would still be nice though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know there's been a lot of changes since that first outline was posted, but we don't really have much to go on other than what we're allowed to see. If we could get an updated outline, we could work from there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually i was wondering about the tutorial.

is it an in-game tutorial that tells you how to do certain things with text, or is it a hazard course? the course would be preferable although with that fx system you could probably just map out a small sequence to show them.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61502

Personally, I'd like it to work like that. You click on the tutorial button on the main menu, and you basically create a server no one can join. Text will appear telling you how to perform various things (IE: Double tap to swoop [or, however swooping will work]) and once the player performs the swoop, it moves onto the next item. Once the player is shown everything of interest, a bot will spawn and text will appear saying something like "Now try what you've just learned" and you have to beat the bot. If you lose, text appears saying try again, if you win, you get the option to up the difficulty level.

I'm not really sure how a hazard course would be much different than that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh hazard course is the specific term for what your describing

a "tutorial" can be anything from what we had before to just boxes of ingame text telling you what to do. it wouldnt actually walk you through. oh, what i mean by "before" is that cool flash thing we had in 1.1.

a hazard course will walk you through the entire thing, like in half-life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom