A good beam idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was thinking of a way to prevent beam spamming , i was talking to my idea with majin_you during my ban , anywho , let's get to the idea

i'm thinknig maybe put postion into perspective , if some1 is gonna explode a beam intewntionally , it should cost him or her some sort of ki cost , as it will make more players think more on strategy then spamming , if it hits a wall how ever , then it should just explode without a ki cost

maybe also the ki cost for beam jumping could be uped on stronger beams , as when i play in server and when i have just only joined and i find a 5mil+ pl player just using powewrfuil beams and beam jump spamming with it , then if some1 is near him and there in a melee fight , and when they end the melee fight , they just die , witch can be silly in some ways

critz/comments

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll agree with you that I think beam jumping could use some modification, I liked a suggestion someone made (I can't remember where or who at the moment, sorry) that you shouldn't be able to hold a beam jump. It should just be a quick burst to get out of the way of something, like it was used in the series.

However, I don't think I understand what you're trying to say with the first suggestion.
If you miss a player with a beam it shouldn't cost any ki? That's like expecting to not lose ammo when you fire a gun at someone and miss.

Best answers
yes i liek teh idea of beam jumping in small bursts, it be more true to teh show, adn if you hodl down teh beam to jump it really shouldnt explode

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok Im a totaly noob on beam jumping. What is it? I guess its a good idea to stop beamers but then again Im a beamer and it wouldn't make sense to spend more ki to explode a beam. It doesn't really go with the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A better idea would be:

To prevent beamjump spam, simply nullify any damage a beam would have done if it is being used for a beamjump. Simple and unabusable.

About the ki cost for detonating beams. It's an alright idea, but what happens if a person doesn't have much ki left? Does it detonate anyway? Does it not detonate at all?

Improving upon that idea, there should be a ki cost for detonating a beam, and if you don't have enough ki, it should detach. This would encourage a bit more accuracy with some larger beams. Not much, but more than now.

Best answers
Yes i suggested taht in anoteh thread where there would be no damage or maybe no explosiotn or if there was it be to small to do anything

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i ment by sayying is that stronger beams could have a ki cost when i\you explode them intentionally , as that's what beam spamming is all about , so if you intentionally explode a beam , it could come at a cost (after all , it would circle around the idea , if there are more people around a certain area then certainly , beam spammers will love big areas full of ppl) i'm thinking the ki cost could be put into place as a downside (everything that has an upside also has a downside , also depending on how skilled ur opponent is) or , the ki cost could be multiplied by how many ppl are inflicted with damage in that area , let's say 5 - 10% ki loss per person , or could be set as a server average maybe , this way , ppl will then learn more that using the walls at there advantage just like melee , is better with beams aswell , becasue the ki cost to explode them with intention will be the downside

do you all understand the basis of this idea now ? majin_you in a msn convo seemed to , but i think i suggested it a little different to him when i was talking to him

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the beamjumping idea is pretty sound, but Im not sure about the ki loss one. Maybe the damage dealt be detonating beams should be reduced. You shouldnt be penalized for missing, but a miss shouldnt automatically give you a kill either.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , but it gives the game a more of a fair feeling , so that beam spamming is reduced , put it this way , u got a buu in the server and it just started up , that buu player is obvisouly chosing buu so he can beam spam right away in one sence , so in a sence , having this penalty in does make sence , with the wall giving them the only way to explode there beam without a ki cost , after all , people are bound to whinge about beam spammers , and in this way , they could get their revenge (yes , revenge is sweet , sweetr as the blue berry pancakes you make yourself , my vision of revebge is making me very hungey 0_o) so in a sence , having a downside to intentional explosion does make sence , as the current bam spammers will learn to think more straegicly when it comes to exploding a beam , what ups it has (pwnage) and the downside bein g the cost of ki (maybe only for big powerful beams , or it can very with the pl maybe) i just need to think what the ki cost should be like , maybe half of what the beam took to charge seems reasonable , or a bit further as that may be a low setting (i could imagine that it may be low , but after a powervful beam , it may give the n00bs & other players a chance to strut there stuff on the weakened exploder)

Best answers
i would say 1/4th of the ki it cost to charge and that would also be more relaistic, i meen they people in teh show really never blew up there attacks, when tehy missed ht eperson ported aroudn the beam and beat them for trying to hit them, they never just blew it upa dn ran, they may have let it go (which i think should be a n option by right clickign whiel firing it, it would be the same but you could then go into melee if you missed) but never really blew it up

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's why i want people to think more perspectively of the wall , and if they intentionally do it , then it comes at a cost for them , so beam spammers at high levels could be pwned some other way

maybe the ki recharge could take a little longer aswell depending on how many times you have exploded a beam in a life time , after all , ssj3 goku took 1min+ to recharge some of his ki , but that woulf not work ingame , so mabe the normal ki recharge gain could be set back to half or 25% longer time for rechrging after intentional explosions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom